What inspired your name here at SoSZ?

Best threads of The Pub, for your viewing pleasure.

Re: What inspired your name here at SoSZ?

Unread postby Koei Girl » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:16 pm

Koei is my favorite gaming company---so my cars' license plate was "Koei Girl". :D
Koei Girl
Initiate

Unread postby HowSwiftThySword » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:39 pm

"The Hero" movie (the one with Jet Li in the Qin Dynasty :P).
I wanted necromancer13 but it was taken :P.
Quote of the Day:

"Someday I'll strangle you with your own beard, Cao Cao!" - Dong Zhou
HowSwiftThySword
Scholar

Unread postby mrbeate » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:19 am

I saw a beautiful sub servant wife and named my name after her. Okay ,naw i made it up on the spot but I later found out what it meant ,which is what i just said in bold. :)
Smoke, drink, relieve my stress
mrbeate
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Mestre Will » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:53 am

Well my name : Mestre Will

Mestre - is the portuguese to Master because some friend give the nickname "Mestre Estrategista" = Master Strategist because my masterfull strategies in strategy games (like Age of empire,Total War series ,Rotk,Warcraft ,Starcraft and others) i always win and i also teach some strategies to my friends,not just it but i am a excelent teacher because of it Mestre = Master.

Will - is the other nick name of me because of my name Willyan.
Knowledge is achieved with time, but Intelligence is born with it or without it. - Mestre Will
Mestre Will
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby devtherev » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:19 pm

The same name as i use for SimRTK :lol: Oh! And PSN :P
devtherev
Scholar

Unread postby Zhuanyong » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:17 pm

Zhuanyong is the Chinese equivalent to my real name so that's about it in that regard. I almost thought to use Kenshin instead but, Zhuanyong fits with my profile for this forum.

[No comment]
Zhuanyong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Da Chao » Sun May 22, 2011 7:06 pm

When most of you see my username, you most likely think Ma Chao. But really, it's not a reference. xD This goes back to before I knew of him.

When I was new(er) to ROTK, I was all into looking up things about names and style names and everything behind it. So one day I decided to "create my own". Considering I know next to no Chinese, and have a track record of not making very good names in general, that was probably a bad idea.

I've never used it in any other way but this user (why, self?!) but it just stuck in my head as something related to the series. Why, I have no idea.

I also feel I just admitted something that would have been better off not said. >.>;
“However, you may return and tell Sun Quan to wash his neck: the executioner is coming!”
[且放汝回去,說與孫權,洗頸就戮!]
Da Chao
Initiate

Unread postby TooMuchBaijiu » Sun May 22, 2011 10:02 pm

Mine came from a foolhardy attempt to merge my interests in Chinese culture with my interests in binge drinking. After finding a shop in the International District that sold Chinese wine, I picked up a bottle on the way to a party. Once there, I opened it, took a swig, and realized that Chinese apparently enjoy the taste of rubbing alcohol.

A few curious individuals later inquired as to why I was in so much agony, and when I pointed to that bottle, they all wanted to try it themselves-they couldn't believe it could be as bad as I described it-after all, how did I know what Cerberus' piss tasted like? Well, they tried it, and suddenly the suspicion went 'round that I'd brought a poisoned bottle to the party. And after a few more drinks, I'd begun to believe it.

You're probably asking now why I kept drinking it if it was so awful. Well, this was a gathering of tight-wads, spendthrifts and cheap-asses, so we had a shortage of beer but a plethora of chaser, and you have to use that chaser to chase something.

I woke up the next morning with a parched tongue, my intestines in knots, one of my shoes missing, and I'll never know how that bra on my head got there. But at the moment, all I was concerned with was the throbbing headache pounding away at my forehead like a jackhammer attempting to escape my skull. And as I sat up, I saw a friend sitting across from me on a rocking chair, listening to Johnny Cash holding a bottle of Dos Equis.

"I stashed a couple to kill the morning hangover," he told me. "You want one?"

"No, man," I replied. "I had way Too Much Baijiu."

But if I could do it all over again, I would've picked a name that didn't require a multi-paragraph anecdote to explain.
I don't write fanfic, but if I did it would involve Zhou Yu and Zheng He fighting to win the heart of Lai Choi San. Then I'd make them join forces to fight Ming the Merciless, who secretly works for Master Li. I'd squeeze Lu Bu in there somehow.
TooMuchBaijiu
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Tiger of Kai » Tue May 24, 2011 3:08 pm

Takeda Shingen is my favorite historical character and Tiger of Kai is his nickname.
Tiger of Kai
Initiate

Unread postby Hyper90 » Tue May 24, 2011 6:34 pm

i was registering on a proper name, but it was taken . (dont even remember what name it was)

so i grab my recent new game name - Hyper90
previously i was known as Inferno. years ago :mrgreen:
with my siggy
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die. " Sima Yi

take a look please
Hyper90
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub, Timeless Threads