What inspired your name here at SoSZ?

Best threads of The Pub, for your viewing pleasure.

Re: What inspired your name here at SoSZ?

Unread postby Lord Yang Jiahua » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:11 am

In Case People have been wondering, my name, Yang Jiahua, is actually my name translated to Chinese.
Joshua Yang= Yang Jiahua, errr, theres a few literal translations ive been told it has, one is Pride of The Yang Family, another is Yang family flower, i like the first one.
"We Will Show Wu The Meaning of Fear!"-Cao Cao in DW6
"Politicians Are all the same all over, They Promise to build a bridge even when theres no river"-Nikita Khrushchev
Lord Yang Jiahua
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Liao Ce » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:33 pm

I know that names translate. But that never made much sense to me. I would think that no matter where I went in this world, my name would be the same. I don't understand why it would translate into their language... It's my name.
Liao Ce
Academic

Unread postby Striga » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:54 pm

The names usually have meanings, so what we are saying when we translate the name is what it means, not that you should bee called that. Seriously, Deep Love as an English name would just be awkward, but Shen Ai as a Chinese name is plausible.

Shen Ai, I realize that you're Korean and not Chinese and that Shen Ai isn't your actual name.
"Immense power is fun! You should try it sometime." -Syndra (favourite quote XD)
Striga
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shen Ai » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:13 am

Lol, it's okay. Shen Ai is part of the name of my best friend. Ai is the name of one of my personal heroes. My fiance of course told me to start using it, and it's related to her in a way, so it's all connected.
I've a brave warrior in my army. Shen Ai is his name, and he can slay this Hua Xiong.

Wei has no more famous commanders, Shen Ai takes lead of the vanguard!

Even a commoner on the street knows what Shen Ai is thinking!
Shen Ai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Remlia » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:57 pm

Mine comes from an old NES game called Astyanax. Remlia was the name of the first level.

It wasn't a fantastic game, but I always liked the music. Redroad was my favorite, but I think Remlia sounds nice as a name.
http://www.backloggery.com/espeon
The above may contain vulgar language at times.
Remlia
Tyro

Unread postby MhiHayoli » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:56 am

Mine is the name of my OC warrior in Koei games like Dynasty Warriors and Romance of the three Kingdoms.

Mhi Hayoli is one of the Wei warriors and quite a lovely girl. Also in Dynasty Warrior - none of the Wei officers dares to hit her on the battlefield O~O That freaks me out sometimes. It's like they don't want to hurt her. They just roll and dodge around like monkeys XD
"I do not speak to change minds. I do not trust in the sweetening lies you speak with false dignity. I care nothing for your worldly treasures and pity you all for you need them to feel value in life."
-LordBloodySoul-
MhiHayoli
Assistant

Location: I am now traveling with Lord Lu Bu, Tao and Umi Mari in search for a new home base.

Unread postby Habast » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:41 pm

Mine was the name of my favorite character I made in the Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (and later Oblivion and Skyrim).
Habast
Tyro

Unread postby Nazne » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:14 pm

Out of curiosity, does Habast the character have a set race? It sounds Bosmer, but I'm probably wrong.

There was a character named Ijuin Enzan in the series Rockman.EXE, which I used to be an obsessive fan of; somehow I decided that Enzan backwards was a reasonable name, and I've used Nazne since.
先主復領益州牧,諸葛亮為股肱,法正為謀主,關羽、張飛、馬超為爪牙,許靖、麋竺、簡雍為賓友。
- 蜀书二 先主传
Nazne
Master

Unread postby Habast » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:09 am

Nazne wrote:Out of curiosity, does Habast the character have a set race? It sounds Bosmer, but I'm probably wrong.

There was a character named Ijuin Enzan in the series Rockman.EXE, which I used to be an obsessive fan of; somehow I decided that Enzan backwards was a reasonable name, and I've used Nazne since.

Khajiit, actually, though I know it doesn't sound very much like it. :lol:

Haha, that's funny.
Habast
Tyro

Unread postby Edge » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:28 am

It's the nickname of a character from Final Fantasy 4 but looks okay disambiguated. Other than the obsessive skirt chasing I had some similarities to the character when I thought of the name. I used it on other forums years ago and a friend of mine said it was recognisable as a name I'd pick, and it has my real nickname in it.

Not sure I like it compared to when I first joined. All the awesome three kingdoms era and character names here make me feel inferior but I couldn't find any free that I liked or think of anything better. :|
“Where human effort comes to an end, there lies fate.” -Izawa Nagahide
Edge
Tyro

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub, Timeless Threads