You have been a member of SoSZ too long when…

Best threads of The Pub, for your viewing pleasure.

Re: You have been a member of SoSZ too long when…

Unread postby Zhuanyong » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:21 am

Striga wrote:How many peoples names do we actually know from the forum, without face to face contact, other than James?

However many people gave their real name in the 'introduction' thread. If you go back and start from the beginning, you'd learn a few of the veterans names. A lot of the newer members mentioned their names, from what I remember.

[No comment]
Zhuanyong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:23 pm

Zhuanyong wrote:
Striga wrote:How many peoples names do we actually know from the forum, without face to face contact, other than James?

However many people gave their real name in the 'introduction' thread. If you go back and start from the beginning, you'd learn a few of the veterans names. A lot of the newer members mentioned their names, from what I remember.

My name was in my sig for a long time. A few (not currectly active) members even call me Finchy which is a variation on my sirname.

Zhuanyong wrote:184. the members of the forum know as much about your life as your colleagues, if not more.

The chatroom makes this so easyyyyyyy :lol:.
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby dan99990 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:44 am

185. When you have a dream that you're playing catch with Zhuanyong.

:shock: Seriously... WHERE did that come from!?
“People generally see what they look for, and hear what they listen for.” - Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird
dan99990
Student

Unread postby TooMuchBaijiu » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:34 am

That's probably the best example I've ever seen. I mean, considering that (to the best of my knowledge) no one here actually knows what he looks like...

I'm guessing you played catch with his avatar? If that's the case, I'm just glad you didn't dream about me.
I don't write fanfic, but if I did it would involve Zhou Yu and Zheng He fighting to win the heart of Lai Choi San. Then I'd make them join forces to fight Ming the Merciless, who secretly works for Master Li. I'd squeeze Lu Bu in there somehow.
TooMuchBaijiu
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Striga » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:50 am

Playing catch with the wine avatar would be kind of hard, but I can imagine it with your previous one (the dog) :lol: .
dan99990 wrote:185. When you have a dream that you're playing catch with Zhuanyong.

I still remember him as the Diaochan avatar he was when I first joined. That would be a bit more amusing than the current one.
That is unusual though. I wonder when it'll happen to me.
"Immense power is fun! You should try it sometime." -Syndra (favourite quote XD)
Striga
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zhuanyong » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:45 pm

dan99990 wrote:185. When you have a dream that you're playing catch with Zhuanyong.

:shock:

Did I look like Tom Cruise? Eddie Murphy? Or the person in the avatar?

TooMuchBaijiu wrote:That's probably the best example I've ever seen. I mean, considering that (to the best of my knowledge) no one here actually knows what he looks like...

I'm guessing you played catch with his avatar? If that's the case, I'm just glad you didn't dream about me.

I started cracking up at my desk when I read this. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Striga wrote:I still remember him as the Diaochan avatar he was when I first joined. That would be a bit more amusing than the current one.
That is unusual though. I wonder when it'll happen to me.

Diaochan? You have been here for a while because I can remember using a Diaochan avatar a number of months ago. I really need to get my LCD fixed....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, I've had a dream before that I was in Canada camping out and hiking it up with Lady Wu and Ranbir. Nothing weird happened, of course.

[No comment]
Zhuanyong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby TooMuchBaijiu » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:29 pm

Zhuanyong wrote:Did I look like Tom Cruise? Eddie Murphy? Or the person in the avatar?

To be honest, unless I've seen their picture, I can't help but perceive people as their avatars. You can imagine how this screws with my head. For example, I see DZ as a somber, sober individual just because his avatar doesn't smile. And any time he uses an exclamation mark, I get surprised, like abandoning the stiff upper lip is supposed to be totally out of character. His being English just makes it worse.

That said, given my own avatar I wonder how many people must view me as some kind of drunken foul-mouthed transvestite that can fly and send children to Neverland. Hopefully everyone.

Well, I've had a dream before that I was in Canada camping out and hiking it up with Lady Wu and Ranbir. Nothing weird happened, of course.

If only the three of you had walked into a bar.
I don't write fanfic, but if I did it would involve Zhou Yu and Zheng He fighting to win the heart of Lai Choi San. Then I'd make them join forces to fight Ming the Merciless, who secretly works for Master Li. I'd squeeze Lu Bu in there somehow.
TooMuchBaijiu
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zhuanyong » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:08 pm

TooMuchBaijiu wrote:That said, given my own avatar I wonder how many people must view me as some kind of drunken foul-mouthed transvestite that can fly and send children to Neverland. Hopefully everyone.

:lol:

Granted you've described yourself to some extent, I always pictured you as a short and stocky guy with either long or short hair. Fairly tan skinned I suppose, since I believe you mentioned having a Flip heritage.

TooMuchBaijiu wrote:If only the three of you had walked into a bar.

Ahh, the many jokes that could made out of that.

[No comment]
Zhuanyong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shen Ai » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:08 pm

Canada eh? Hope you are wearing more clothes than your avatar then, cause it is freezing.
I've a brave warrior in my army. Shen Ai is his name, and he can slay this Hua Xiong.

Wei has no more famous commanders, Shen Ai takes lead of the vanguard!

Even a commoner on the street knows what Shen Ai is thinking!
Shen Ai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Striga » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:17 am

Not all that cold, but wearing as little as his avatar... That won't work out well.
It's usually above freezing in Toronto :shock: . I kinda like the slightly warmer than usual winter temperatures though. It makes it feel like early spring.
"Immense power is fun! You should try it sometime." -Syndra (favourite quote XD)
Striga
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub, Timeless Threads