Phobias: what are you afraid of?

Best threads of The Pub, for your viewing pleasure.

Re: other fears

Unread postby James » Mon Jun 24, 2002 7:33 am

Wan Hung Lo wrote:I also hate most bugs, but spiders are the worst. I have never seen a widow or recluse and want to keep it that way. I also don't like snakes but I have seen Zhuge Kongmings snake Rocky eat some rats and that was fairly interesting..... :?

I can see having never seen a recluse in this area, but a black widow? You have honestly never seen one? That is amazing, considering the fact that I have probably nearly seen a hundred of them (and killed over twenty). I see the others as lost opportunities.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Sipders,Bugs,and Locusts OH MY!

Unread postby Justin » Mon Jun 24, 2002 2:29 pm

Yes I have never seen a black widow here in Utah. I have seen one in nebraska but that is all. I hate the little buggers, if I see one it is dead. :twisted:

I do like rats though. I have two as pets. Perhaps I will post some pictures of them!
Justin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Ci Cao » Mon Jun 24, 2002 2:44 pm

fear of heights and of Spiders (fortunately, here in germany there are no poisonous Spiders... but there are many spiders here too *urgh* *wiping of a spider's web from the window*)

(Arachnophobia is.... bad when you like 1st person computer games... in nearly every game, there are.. unfriendly spiders OR thing which jump in your face *urgh*) :shock:
Ci Cao
Academic

Unread postby Lion's Mane » Mon Jun 24, 2002 5:09 pm

Yes I have never seen a black widow here in Utah.

Come to my garage, heh. Well, I used to have a lot of black widows there. Now it seems to be brown recluse.

Luckily for me, I rarely if ever go to my garage. I park on the dirt strip we like to pretend is a lawn, hehe.
Remember, children, "No two people are not on fire."
Lion's Mane
Lord of Annwn
Lord of Annwn

Unread postby Zhao Yun » Mon Jun 24, 2002 7:37 pm

Nu Wa wrote: Eh...lovely... :( Still, I don't like homophobes!! Gay people in general are WONDERFUL! ^_^ They tend to be so much nicer than stinky straights...besides, I'm bi, so homophobes won't like me, either.. :? Ah, I'm not getting into this topic, people will yell at me...>_<

Just to clarify, I am not a homophobe either. I was very specific in detailing that Richard Simmons scares me (and he really kinda does). Don't worry, I'm not yelling at you either because it is a valid point/concern, etc. :)

And I'm not afraid of Black Widders cuz i was my momma's Black Widder Killer when I was a young lad... ahh the memories, sneaking up on them with newspapers or shoes... *whack-thwip-squish* Mmmmmm... dead spider.
"To ensure Peace, one must prepare for War." - paraphrased from hundreds of wise generals throughout the entire history of our little blue rock.
Zhao Yun
Initiate

Unread postby Sun Ce » Tue Jun 25, 2002 5:14 am

So do I talk about what scares me, or gay people? *_* ummm, i'm straight, but love em to death. Hell, I am one of the few straight guys that will hit on a guy~! LoL~!

Scorpions scare the hell outta me. When I was 5 I put on my San Antonio Spurs baseball hat and something was crawling on my head, so I take the cap off and this HUGE white scorpion is on it, I scream like the sissy I was and flung it off as it's tail was curlign up *shivers* and ran downstairs crying to mommy while my Dad told me to stop being a baby and killed it ><
I think that song is the highest achievement of the living culture, don't you agree?
Sun Ce
Master

Unread postby Stefanos » Tue Jul 02, 2002 4:12 am

Back to the subject on Phobias.

I fear... being feared.

I always portrayed myself as being an outgoing, formal, kind hearted guy. I want people to like me, and I want to like people too.

Yeah... maybe too sentimental?
I told you I get paid for every letter.. like abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
Stefanos
我的甜孩子

Unread postby Zhang_Zhao » Wed Jul 03, 2002 7:28 pm

If anyone here doesn't like spiders (like myself), then don't watch the movie Eight Legged Freaks when it comes out in theaters July 12 (killer mutant tarantulas).
"This is why you are no good." Melfice
Zhang_Zhao
Langzhong

Unread postby Lion's Mane » Thu Jul 04, 2002 9:42 pm

I'm afraid of failure. Heavily such that I'm so afraid of failing, I end up failing because I never do. Thus I fear it even more, because I feel like I'm failing even more. And so on.
Remember, children, "No two people are not on fire."
Lion's Mane
Lord of Annwn
Lord of Annwn

Unread postby James » Fri Jul 05, 2002 1:29 am

Zhang Wenyuan wrote:I'm afraid of failure. Heavily such that I'm so afraid of failing, I end up failing because I never do. Thus I fear it even more, because I feel like I'm failing even more. And so on.

Heheh. I am not afraid of failure at all, but sometimes I am afraid of success.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub, Timeless Threads