Your Favorite Beverage

Best threads of The Pub, for your viewing pleasure.

Re: Your Favorite Beverage

Unread postby Zhuanyong » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:56 am

I had a Wasabi Lime Martini last night when we went out with friends... It was definitely not my favorite beverage but it was the hottest or spiciest drink I've ever had in my life. I couldn't finish it.

[No comment]
Zhuanyong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby MhiHayoli » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:00 am

1. Tea of various kinds (favourite is Earl Grey and Rosehip )
2. Fruit juices (favourite Apple juice & Cherry juice)
3. Milk
4. Coca Cola Zero

I don't drink alcohol and I am happy about it :D
"I do not speak to change minds. I do not trust in the sweetening lies you speak with false dignity. I care nothing for your worldly treasures and pity you all for you need them to feel value in life."
-LordBloodySoul-
MhiHayoli
Assistant

Location: I am now traveling with Lord Lu Bu, Tao and Umi Mari in search for a new home base.

Unread postby Zhuanyong » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:22 am

MhiHayoli wrote:1. Tea of various kinds (favourite is Earl Grey and Rosehip )

You are the first person I have ever read about or heard confirm that they like Earl Grey, no less it's one of your favorite teas. I tried it once and didn't like it too much. I'm more of a Chamomile, Peppermint, Zinger and Green Tea type of drinker.

[No comment]
Zhuanyong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lady Wu » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:28 am

Zhuanyong wrote:
MhiHayoli wrote:1. Tea of various kinds (favourite is Earl Grey and Rosehip )

You are the first person I have ever read about or heard confirm that they like Earl Grey, no less it's one of your favorite teas. I tried it once and didn't like it too much. I'm more of a Chamomile, Peppermint, Zinger and Green Tea type of drinker.

Do you just not like black tea at all?

I occasionally enjoy a cup of Earl Grey as an afternoon tea (no milk or sugar). I don't drink it often, though, because I try not to have any caffeine after lunch time. Earl Greys also vary a lot depending on who makes it--sometimes tea companies use lower-grade teas in their flavoured teas, and you get too much of the flavouring and not enough of a robust tea flavour.
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby Zhuanyong » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:33 am

Lady Wu wrote:Do you just not like black tea at all?

I occasionally enjoy a cup of Earl Grey as an afternoon tea (no milk or sugar). I don't drink it often, though, because I try not to have any caffeine after lunch time. Earl Greys also vary a lot depending on who makes it--sometimes tea companies use lower-grade teas in their flavoured teas, and you get too much of the flavouring and not enough of a robust tea flavour.

I think that is probably it. I can say if I ever hated a tea it would be Indian Spice Chai. Most of the teas I drink are lighter or made from grounded herbs such as golden seal (which is very expensive).

[No comment]
Zhuanyong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shu Ryorin » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:26 am

I also enjoy Earl Grey occasionally, though I prefer Lady Grey in general. I take neither with milk or sugar. I very much enjoy black teas in general, though.
"Only dummies call people dummy, dummy!"
-some fairy in "Breath of Fire III"

Grad school is hard, you guys.
Shu Ryorin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: Canada, wandering the less-frozen-than-Alaska-but-still-cold wastes of grad school

Unread postby Mitsunari » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:43 am

I so earnestly wish we still had original Mountain Dew available to buy here in the UK...all we have is a sickly, cloudy 'Energy Drink' variation of it and it's absolutely foul.

Not only did I enjoy Mountain Dew, a lot, but it was the same occurrence with Tab Clear, albeit one slight hitch that it actually vanished at retail without warning!

I bought some from an American Import depot of sorts a while ago, the prices were outrageous, thus the dreams endssss!!
''Even through the darkest of days, this fire burns, always...''
Mitsunari
Akaoni of the Red Fire Unit

Location: Facing the hoardes of Darkness, with a sword in my hand and a fire in my heart...

Unread postby AndrewJ 56 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:35 pm

See, it used to be Dr Pepper but unfortunately I've found this year has done much to put me off and I haven't had it in months. As such, I'm repping Coke like a mutha.

Other than that, I just drink water most of the time.
AndrewJ 56
Tyro

Unread postby Sun Fin » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:45 pm

Boooooooooo, Dr Pepper is where its at!
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby AndrewJ 56 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:11 pm

It used to be for me, but a rather traumatic experience has kind of derailed the pleasure so I've had to move on. Sad times.
AndrewJ 56
Tyro

Previous

Return to The Pub, Timeless Threads