Your Favorite Beverage

Best threads of The Pub, for your viewing pleasure.

Re: Your Favorite Beverage

Unread postby Shen Ai » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:04 pm

Starbucks has a new green lime drink, but it's not sweet at all. It reminds me of Good Earth's Rooibos iced tea. Very nice, I drink it a lot.
I've a brave warrior in my army. Shen Ai is his name, and he can slay this Hua Xiong.

Wei has no more famous commanders, Shen Ai takes lead of the vanguard!

Even a commoner on the street knows what Shen Ai is thinking!
Shen Ai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:00 pm

A post for our slightly older members:

So I've been finding myself drinking a lot of port recently, anyway I was at a friend’s house and he pulled out a bottle. He walked over and said 'I think you might enjoy this', anyway it was Chocolate Port. I can't say I was very sure when I opened it but when it was gone a few hours later I was won over. Anyone else experienced this unique drink?
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Mitsunari » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:16 pm

Sun Fin wrote:A post for our slightly older members:

So I've been finding myself drinking a lot of port recently, anyway I was at a friend’s house and he pulled out a bottle. He walked over and said 'I think you might enjoy this', anyway it was Chocolate Port. I can't say I was very sure when I opened it but when it was gone a few hours later I was won over. Anyone else experienced this unique drink?

Oh mate, mercy...*heaves*...you must have a cast-iron stomach, cos that stuff is a one way street to chucking up. I mean, I'm basically teetotal, but I had a sip of that at work this Xmas just passed...that chocolatey, porty mix not only gave me rampant heartburn, but nauseatingly fizzy burps for a good 2 hours.

Anyhoo, since I'm partial to an energy drink or 5 per day, I recently discovered Bulldog which is very similar to Red Bull in flavour but is priced at 4 cans for a £1! I mean some energy drinks are absolute crap, even the pricier ones, but this gives you a nice little boost with the added bonus of not tasting like carbonated Yak's piss.

I have about 5 4-packs currently awaiting consumption in my cupboard. :lol:
''Even through the darkest of days, this fire burns, always...''
Mitsunari
Akaoni of the Red Fire Unit

Location: Facing the hoardes of Darkness, with a sword in my hand and a fire in my heart...

Unread postby Sun Fin » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:47 pm

I play football for my university, I learnt how to drink the hard way :(
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Mitsunari » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:59 pm

Sun Fin wrote:I play football for my university, I learnt how to drink the hard way :(

It's all part and parcel of being young mate. Just be careful, despite how sensible you already are.

Have you tried Koppinger btw? I'm assuming it's a berry fruit-medley cider of some description; everyone in the club is tanking it like pop at the moment.
Mitsunari

Location: Facing the hoardes of Darkness, with a sword in my hand and a fire in my heart...

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:28 pm

Don't worry, the heaviest of my drinking days are behind me!

I haven't; I refuse to drink any 'cider' that isn't apple, I consider it blasphemy of the foulest kind :P .
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Mitsunari » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:54 pm

Sun Fin wrote:Don't worry, the heaviest of my drinking days are behind me!

I haven't; I refuse to drink any 'cider' that isn't apple, I consider it blasphemy of the foulest kind :P .

Eeeeexcellent Finble, I see you're settling into the 'tipple for enjoyment' zone nicely. :wink:

Well, back in my non-teetotal days, I enjoyed cider but uh, it would invariably make me rather cranky and/or 'punchy'...lol...Scrumpy was worse, plus the added annoyance of having to pick the bits out of your teeth afterwards. :lol:
Mitsunari

Unread postby Gurochu » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:13 pm

Mountain Dew. I buy 12 packs of the stuff constantly. It's extremely unhealthy, I know, but I'm young and thin atleast. Plus I have a problem where I only eat a few hundred calories a day, so having something calorie dense like that is pretty good for me.
wow
Gurochu
Tyro

Unread postby Zhuanyong » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:19 am

Gurochu wrote:Mountain Dew. I buy 12 packs of the stuff constantly. It's extremely unhealthy, I know, but I'm young and thin atleast. Plus I have a problem where I only eat a few hundred calories a day, so having something calorie dense like that is pretty good for me.

But it's the wrong kind of calories and that stuff eventually catches up to you... :( I don't remember the last time I had a Mountain Dew.

As for me, I'm taking a bit too much of a liking to sweet tea. :lol:

(I hope Shik reads that one)

[No comment]
Zhuanyong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Aygor » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:01 am

Gurochu wrote:Plus I have a problem where I only eat a few hundred calories a day

Just enter an italian restaurant and loose yourself in an orgy of food :wink:
Seriously though, I hope it's not a severe issue and you get over it.

I'd have to say that tea, not a big fan of carbonated beverages although I do like them once in a while.

Oh, alcohool counts too?
Rivers of Montepulciano and Valpolicella, streams of Spritz, ponds of Puglia's chocolate liquor, cascades of Anima Nera, Lacrima di Giuda, Vodka, Mohito..
Oh God, just writing makes me feel happy, can't wait for the exam session to be over.
分久必合,合久必分
Ἀτύφως μὲν λαβεῖν, εὐλύτως δὲ ἀφεῖναι
Aygor
Langzhong

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub, Timeless Threads