Is Anyone Else a Pro-Wrestling Fan?

Best threads of The Pub, for your viewing pleasure.

Re: Is Anyone Else a Pro-Wrestling Fan?

Unread postby devtherev » Mon May 23, 2011 7:52 pm

SunXia wrote:My favourite image regarding why Rapture never happened!!

Yeah, that image made me chuckle too :lol:

SunXia wrote:And in regards to Benoit, I was sickened by what he did!!

It certainly nails home how drugs can mess up your life and others, not to mention the stress working as a Pro wrestler must put on you.
devtherev
Scholar

Unread postby SunXia » Mon May 23, 2011 8:11 pm

All the more reason why it is so so so so so so selfish to take drugs irregardless of how it hurts others!!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Tigger of Kai » Tue May 24, 2011 1:33 am

Zhuanyong wrote:'OHHHHH YEEAAAAAH! It's the Macho Man Randy Savage!'

With his patent flying elbow and flamboyant colors, he was far more awesome than Hulk Hogan and his yellow and red undies.

Haha I definitely see what you mean. He really stood out. IIRC at a time when almost every other wrestler had rock music as their entrance theme, Macho Man's was "Pomp & Circumstance" — that classical thing that always gets played at graduations. With nothing but this knack for standing out, and his superlative athletic ability (his match with Ricky Steamboat at Wrestlemania III is rightly cited as one of the most spectacular ever), he became world-famous. I always thought of his as a singularly American success story. I still kind of do. Been hearing some strange rumors as to why he's not in the WWE Hall of Fame.
Mithril! The dwarves tell no tales. But just as it was the foundation of their wealth, so also it was their destruction. They delved too greedily and too deep, and disturbed that from which they fled.
Tigger of Kai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Hyper90 » Tue May 24, 2011 2:04 am

SunXia wrote:All the more reason why it is so so so so so so selfish to take drugs irregardless of how it hurts others!!!

same goes to drug addicts everywhere in this world, no matter its steroids, heroin or whatever

speaking of randy savage, i found a video of him , with the undertaker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IR7l3Qa ... r_embedded
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die. " Sima Yi

take a look please
Hyper90
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zhuanyong » Tue May 24, 2011 2:57 am

Hyper90 wrote:same goes to drug addicts everywhere in this world, no matter its steroids, heroin or whatever

speaking of randy savage, i found a video of him , with the undertaker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IR7l3Qa ... r_embedded

ROFL @ 2:34-3:10!

Paul Bearer was classic. Randy Savage was pretty much one of best wrestlers of the 80's. I remember when he beat King Haku, took his crown and became King Savage. Match that with his flamboyant dress and you have one epic guy!

[No comment]
Zhuanyong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby SunXia » Tue May 24, 2011 5:32 am

Hyper90 wrote:
SunXia wrote:All the more reason why it is so so so so so so selfish to take drugs irregardless of how it hurts others!!!

same goes to drug addicts everywhere in this world, no matter its steroids, heroin or whatever

Indeed!! I dislike ho so many look down on Jeff Hardy for being an addict and yet love the other wrestlers when they take so many drugs as well, it's mind-boggling until somebody does what Benoit did!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Unread postby Hyper90 » Tue May 24, 2011 6:59 am

SunXia wrote:
Hyper90 wrote:

Indeed!! I dislike ho so many look down on Jeff Hardy for being an addict and yet love the other wrestlers when they take so many drugs as well, it's mind-boggling until somebody does what Benoit did!!

well not everyone will look down of jeff hardy. as a fan, (anyone you adore) despite how bad or dark his/her background is, you'd still accept him.
its all about human perceptions and the way they value people.

lets take Benoit's case for example, yes he did terrible things to his family and himself. but there are people still values his performance.
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die. " Sima Yi

take a look please
Hyper90
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby devtherev » Tue May 24, 2011 5:17 pm

Hyper90 wrote:lets take Benoit's case for example, yes he did terrible things to his family and himself. but there are people still values his performance.

Ah yes, it doesn't change how much of a wrestler he was, he was great at it. But outside of his character in the ring I now personally have a dislike for him. :( Another example would be of Michael Jackson, I loved his music but as soon as those allegations where made I went right off of him. Granted it's a little different.
devtherev
Scholar

Unread postby SunXia » Tue May 24, 2011 5:26 pm

Yeah a little different given that he was found innocent and the families involved were more interested in money than putting away a supposed sexual predator!! Benoit in my eyes was a murderer first and then a wrestler, when you take another person's life I can hardly see any other label superceding that action, it would be an insult to those he killed to see it as that way!!

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Unread postby Hyper90 » Tue May 24, 2011 5:53 pm

SunXia wrote:Benoit in my eyes was a murderer first and then a wrestler, when you take another person's life I can hardly see any other label superceding that action, it would be an insult to those he killed to see it as that way!!

his brain was horribly damaged years ago until his death. you cant fully blame him. :(

take a look please
Hyper90
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub, Timeless Threads