Is Anyone Else a Pro-Wrestling Fan?

Best threads of The Pub, for your viewing pleasure.

Re: Is Anyone Else a Pro-Wrestling Fan?

Unread postby Mikhail » Thu May 26, 2011 3:15 am

Not really a fan of Cena.

His never give up/super persona is annoying as hell. I mean, the most recent PPV is a prime example of how infuriating his gimmick is and how he's booked. He gets beaten for 20 minutes. Psychologically, The Miz played his part well and sold that story. Cena seems to be just hanging on by a thread and can't walk and he can't do anything to save himself from his predicament. Then in the span of 2 minutes, he gets up, runs after The Miz up the ramp and gets him to tap in 10s with the STFU.

I heard stories about how Hulk Hogan had moments were he never sells and he was basically booked to never lose cleanly. That's whats happening to Cena right now and it ruins the experience.
Soweneul Malhaebwa (Tell me your wish).
Mikhail
Great Sage Equaling Heaven

Unread postby devtherev » Thu May 26, 2011 1:16 pm

Zhuanyong wrote:Imagine that transition when you couple it with the likes of theis era --

The Rockers, Texas Tornado, Tito Santana, Rick Martel, Jim Duggan, Macho Man, Sid Vicious/Justice, Bret Hart (when he was the man), Yokozuna, etc.

Make me glad WWE released dvd's of those times, other wise i'd be barely knowledgable :lol:

Zhuanyong wrote:Remember the Bushwhackers? Or Demolition (the WWF version of KISS)?

I remember the bushwackers, mostly because of their funny personas. I can't recall demolition though ^^;
devtherev
Scholar

Unread postby Hyper90 » Thu May 26, 2011 4:23 pm

mrbeate wrote:I love Undertaker's "American Badass" phase. Beats the hell outta his undead black van helsing act.

oh yeah , especially when he is on warpath for respect.

to be honest, i find The Undertaker is the most respected man in the business, look at his ring entrance, fans silent all way until the bell rings.
not to mention the undefeated steak in Wrestlemania
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die. " Sima Yi

take a look please
Hyper90
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Mikhail » Fri May 27, 2011 1:35 am

He's also one of the talent "judges" and he makes rulings in periods when wrestlers have disputes that need to be settled, so he's got huge backstage respect.

Though I heard he's really, really injured. He might be able to do another Wrestlemania or so but he probably won't be appearing on regular tv wrestling anymore.
Soweneul Malhaebwa (Tell me your wish).
Mikhail
Great Sage Equaling Heaven

Unread postby Hyper90 » Fri May 27, 2011 2:03 am

Mikhail wrote:Though I heard he's really, really injured. He might be able to do another Wrestlemania or so but he probably won't be appearing on regular tv wrestling anymore.

yeah its a fact. :(
his injuries and getting worse year by year.
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die. " Sima Yi

take a look please
Hyper90
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby memeo » Fri May 27, 2011 2:52 am

I am just a so so fan.. not deep into it.. just know a few wrestler like john cena, the rock, undertaker... maybe that guys already old series as well... never watch it again :|
memeo
Assistant

Unread postby Zhuanyong » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:39 pm

I've been watching this today, cracking up and wanted to share. One of my favorite Rock moments.

[No comment]
Zhuanyong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby SunXia » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:17 pm

A little something that defines my opinion of Benoit!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Asellas » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:09 am

Actually, apart from The Rock and Jericho, and Mysterio to an extent...I am not impressed with any of the roster. The FCW 'talent' is a joke. I haven't watched professional wrestling since 2000...the best wrestlers in my opinion are the likes of Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, The Undertaker. However, one guy I liked was the original Doink The Clown 'Matt Borne'; he was a maniac.

To me, wrestling is too bland...lots of trash-talking, people look too generic generally, and people aren't innovative with their moves. Shaemus copies Scott Hall aka Razor Ramon. Find some innovation, Shaemus.

At least, yeah, okay, the 90s were gimmicky, but at least those wrestlers knew how to work and carry a match (except Hogan and Flair; both overrated and boring - Hogan's repertoire was a few body slams, clotheslines, shoulder blocks, and that atomic leg drop. Flair only had about 10 moves he'd do every singe match) and there was entertainment. Vince McMahon announcing the Royal Rumble entrants was epic. Not to mention all the little sketches that happened (Offices of the Hart Foundation, for example). I switched to WCWya in the mid-to late 90s, and it was good until what made it, the nWo which killed it in the end.
Some of my favourite professional wrestlers:
Bret Hart
Matt Borne
Jake 'The Snake' Roberts
Ted 'Million $$$ Man' DiBiase (Greatest heel ever in my opinion)
Shawn Michaels
Scott Hall
Irwin R. Schyster
Rick Martel
Greg 'The Hammer' Valentine
Mr. Perfect
the list is longer than that.
As for Benoit, he might have been a second-rate person - but you can't take away from the man that he was a first-class wrestler.
As Adrian Adonis once said "And that's all I've got to say".
"Winter is coming".
"I like hurting people...it's what I do best because I am heartless".
"Love is for poets, romance is for playwrights, and sex is for procreation - I desire none of them"
Asellas
Lord of Winterfell

Unread postby Zhuanyong » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:16 am

Wow, it's rare to read about people who enjoyed wrestlers like I.R.S. and The Model. I'm sure you remember The Berserker and The Genius too. The Repo Man was pretty funny when I was a kid. I remember me and brothers making fun of those guys.

It's good to read posts from those who enjoyed what I like to call 'the good days' of wrestling.

[No comment]
Zhuanyong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub, Timeless Threads