You have been a member of SoSZ too long when…

Best threads of The Pub, for your viewing pleasure.

Re: You have been a member of SoSZ too long when…

Unread postby Mitsunari » Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:24 am

Xia Kyoto wrote:222. When you've been here for 5 years but have only been active on and off for like 2.
223. When all your fellow scholars have grown up and forgotten what the site is or have yet to come back.

224. When you suddenly start watching Three Kingdoms, and are fondly reminded of your erstwhile 3K 'home'...

The compulsion to return, even briefly, is indeed strong. :mrgreen:
''Even through the darkest of days, this fire burns, always...''
Mitsunari
Akaoni of the Red Fire Unit

Location: Facing the hoardes of Darkness, with a sword in my hand and a fire in my heart...

Unread postby SunXia » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:31 am

225: When you are still floating about, knowing you're not one of the oldest members, and its still over ten years since you joined!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Mitsunari » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:59 pm

SunXia wrote:225: When you are still floating about, knowing you're not one of the oldest members, and its still over ten years since you joined!!

226. When you suddenly feel shatteringly old and fragile, knowing that some members are still younger than you...that Fountain of Youth has some explaining to do...
Mitsunari

Location: Facing the hoardes of Darkness, with a sword in my hand and a fire in my heart...

Unread postby Starscream » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:56 am

227. When you look back and could almost not comprehend the things you posted more than 10 years ago.
”太慢了。“
Starscream
Decepticon Air Commander

Unread postby Mitsunari » Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:26 pm

Starscream wrote:227. When you look back and could almost not comprehend the things you posted more than 10 years ago.

228. When someone evokes a memory of what an obsequious weasel you once were, as a youth. :mrgreen:
Mitsunari

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:48 am

Starscream wrote:227. When you look back and could almost not comprehend the things you posted more than 10 years ago.

I hear that, I read some of what I wrote 7 years ago and I'm like, 'huh how did I ever know that? When did I forget it!' :lol:
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby WuLordoftheNewAge » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:20 pm

229. When you've been gone so long that there's definitely a NewWuLordoftheNewNewAge.

Mitsunari wrote:

228. When someone evokes a memory of what an obsequious weasel you once were, as a youth. :mrgreen:

Heavens no. Please no one remind me. I wake up at night with cold sweats over how ridiculous I was.
Pang Tong: So I wonder what this place is called?
Sign by road: "Place where Pang Tong gets killed"
Pang Tong: Hmmm... I have a bad feeling about this place...

On Fallen Phoenix Slope.
WuLordoftheNewAge
Langzhong

Unread postby Sun Fin » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:20 pm

230. When you get an email notifying you about a post in this thread and when you read who made the post your eyes go wide and your like, wow, that's a blast from the past!

Welcome back WLOTNA! :D
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Kong Wen » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:56 pm

SunXia wrote:225: When you are still floating about, knowing you're not one of the oldest members, and its still over ten years since you joined!!

230: When the green young newbies start talking about how long they've been floating around! :shock:
"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back."
— Roland Deschain, Wolves of the Calla
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ

Unread postby SunXia » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:27 pm

Kong Wen wrote:

230: When the green young newbies start talking about how long they've been floating around! :shock:

231: When the Super Ancients forget that by now, to the Ancients like me, THEY are Ancient, akin to Cleopatra and how she is Ancient but the Pyramids were even more Ancient than her!

The Bronze Age of SoSZ is to the Iron Age haha
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub, Timeless Threads