RTK X: Discussion Thread

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Unread postby Kei Chung » Wed Mar 03, 2004 6:42 pm

ooh cool! RTKX!!
hmm do you know whther it will come out in England or not?
i've never seen it out in the shops, so annoying, but i've got ROTK VII, ARGH!! really want to see it in the shops!
Sleeping Dragon
Kei Chung
Student

Unread postby Ranbir » Wed Mar 03, 2004 6:44 pm

Wait until VIII has been officially released at the end of this month!

Then, we hope it sells well here, then we should be given IX, and hopefully that will do even better...and by then ROTK games will be coming here without a second thought. *Wishful thinking*
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Unread postby Kei Chung » Wed Mar 03, 2004 7:06 pm

*sigh* i just wish wwe got the game at least same time as America! or even Japan! haha! :D
just not fair knowing that RTKIX is out and i'm stuck with waiting for probably another year! :(
Sleeping Dragon
Kei Chung
Student

Unread postby Lu Liushen » Sun Mar 07, 2004 5:55 am

where do you live Kei chung?
When they think you are near, be far.
When they think you are far, be near. ~ Sun Tzu
Lu Liushen
Apprentice

Unread postby Kei Chung » Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:50 pm

me live in the UK we always get games slower than japan and America! :( Final fantasy ROTK DW ...... abd the list goes on hehe :D
Sleeping Dragon
Kei Chung
Student

Unread postby Redcharlie79 » Wed Mar 10, 2004 9:10 am

Anybody know if ROTK X will be more similar to the original ones (I to IV). I enjoyed the old style of gameplay a lot more then the new ones, perhaps they will go vintage with the tenth installment? By gameplay, I mean more control over battles and generals, instead of "the planning a battle beforehand and watching them fight".
Redcharlie79
Apprentice

Unread postby Tyler » Fri Mar 12, 2004 4:54 pm

I too enjoy the old style espessialy numbers 7-8 will it follow that system. And does anyone know when avitars will be made out of the few sample pictures we have.

Kei Chung I feel your pain, it must be bad to live in the UK, I live in America and we are always saying we wish we got it as fast as China, Japan, and other eastren countries states or whatever.
Tyler
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Redcharlie79 » Sat Mar 13, 2004 8:02 am

Are versions 7-8 more like 9 and 6 or more like 3-4? Besides the "not playing as a ruler thing".
Redcharlie79
Apprentice

Unread postby James » Sat Mar 13, 2004 8:21 am

Redcharlie79 wrote:Anybody know if ROTK X will be more similar to the original ones (I to IV). I enjoyed the old style of gameplay a lot more then the new ones, perhaps they will go vintage with the tenth installment? By gameplay, I mean more control over battles and generals, instead of "the planning a battle beforehand and watching them fight".

It looks like it. The battle screenshots indicate to me that they are leaving the IX system behind. They will have the ability to play as officers, so we still don’t know how well implemented this is. I do think it looks like it could bring back some of the wonderful classical RTK we’ve been missing though, but it is too early to say much for certain.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Lao Bai Xing » Wed Mar 17, 2004 3:34 pm

i'm quite new here, and not really following all the forums.
so please pardon if i've ask questions that have been answered.

i know that ROTK X will be out this spring, could any one in singapore post a message or email me to tell me about the release of the game here? and the places that is available?
Lao Bai Xing
Tyro

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms