RTK X: Discussion Thread

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: RTK X: Discussion Thread

Unread postby wuhugm » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:55 am

^I've tried that and more

Now no error warning
But the application is not launching

started the exes, busy lamp blinking for a while, then nothing happened
wuhugm
Tyro

Unread postby PeanutButterToast » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:48 pm

wuhugm wrote:^I've tried that and more

Now no error warning
But the application is not launching

started the exes, busy lamp blinking for a while, then nothing happened

I'm sorry, I don't know what you mean by "busy lamp". So it can launch, but then just crashes to desktop?
PeanutButterToast
Initiate

Unread postby wuhugm » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:05 am

^That indicator light on your PC when it tries to do something
wuhugm
Tyro

Unread postby gallickgunner » Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:16 pm

Is there a full translation for this game that I missed? I tried the patches listed on kongming but it only translates the menus and UI stuff, not the in game text. Thanks.
gallickgunner
Tyro

Unread postby CaoXuan » Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:00 am

I wanted to report that using the Steam version I couldn't get the translation patch to work. So seemingly we will need another, if it ever comes.

I love this game though, and it's been a childhood dream to play the full PUK version. So, I think i'll just use google translate on my phone and point my phone at the screen and let it translate stuff so I know what is going on ha!

If anyone has success with the English Patch, please let us know! We are dyin over here.
CaoXuan
Tyro

Unread postby DangerWorldWide » Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:00 pm

I'm wondering if there's been any traction with getting an English patch for the Steam version, which comes with the PUK now.

Ten is one of my all time favorite games, and especially within the RTK series, and I've never even found a full guide as to what all the PUK allows you to do. But filling some of the gaps as a ruler sounds like fixing one of the few issues I could express with this game.
DangerWorldWide
Apprentice

Unread postby bvb1989 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:25 pm

Hello!

Forgive my English if bad. I'm from Germany.

I can't use the English patches for the Japanese versions of RoTK X base game and PUK.
Nothing is translated and there's no way to insert characters on the create character screen.

I cannot update the game because I get some errors (cannot connect to server?). I have to run it on virtual XP (all legal) and the games run, but no translations. I put the patches into the directories but nothing. I don't know which version of the game it is. I tried various sources for patches but still the same.

Can anyone please help?

EDIT: I got the English patch to work for the PUK version, but the patch for the base version doesn't work, though that's okay because I just need to create officers and play them in the PUK. Can anyone help me to a) find the English patch for base game or even just b) help me to enter characters in the 'Create Character' screen? I click on the field to enter but nothing gets typed =/ Maybe it has relation to the patch not being English? Either way there is no cursor (that one which indicates typing like in Word)

Oh, and for people wanting to use the English patches for Steam version... does not work. I looked myself at their discussions boards because I wanted to buy it myself without hassle of virtual machines because Windows 10 cannot run the old version.

Greetings from Germany and thank you.
bvb1989
Tyro

Previous

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms