RTK X: Discussion Thread

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: RTK X: Discussion Thread

Unread postby Dune Desperado » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:37 pm

So RTK X + PUK has recently arrived to Steam in Japanese and I was wondering if it's possible to patch it to English. I have tried to patch it but I can't seem to get it to work for the life of me and was wondering If it is even possible to do so? If I'm doing something wrong please notify me. (also if this post is in the wrong spot I do apologize)

https://i.gyazo.com/77859a0a90db4109445 ... 69e52e.png Here is the image that appear when I attempt to launch the English patch.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/62806 ... t__X_with/ (Game link here)
Dune Desperado
Tyro

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:57 pm

I do hope that they release English versions of this and others. I would purchase at least a few of them if translated with the PUK.

My only dislike of 10 was the terrible defending AI. If another faction invades one of your territories and you don't participate it is quite likely that you will lose even if you could easily win the battle under direct control. It creates a frantic pace of you running around with an army attempting to intercept every invading army before you lose whole swaths of territory.

Other then that 10 is a very good game. I would totally buy it and 9 if Koei translates the PUK PC versions.
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby MrFunTimes » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:54 am

What's an effective strategy for employing officers? I try to employ, and if they refuse I get their friendship meter up by one and try again.
MrFunTimes
Tyro

Unread postby Sakae Wu » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:35 am

MrFunTimes wrote:What's an effective strategy for employing officers? I try to employ, and if they refuse I get their friendship meter up by one and try again.

I usually just talk with them until the relationship is trusted or close and then try to employ. You can also give them gifts or drink with them to raise the relationship level quicker.
Some officers are just easier than others depending if you have similar personalities. Opposing personalities take awhile to come around unfortunately.
Sakae Wu
Assistant

Unread postby Havie » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:49 am

Anybody know if the english .exe found in this thread, OR on kongming will work with the steam non-english PUK version?
its $30 and i really wana try RTK X+PUK,
But I dont wana waste money if its in japanese/chinese.

I've found torrents to test this in the past for RTK 11/12 but I cant seem to get the game to launch
Havie
Apprentice

Unread postby Ranbir » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:20 pm

I'm hoping/expecting with steam releases interest in working on translation patches will be a thing again.
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Unread postby T2_2112 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:42 pm

Dune Desperado wrote:So RTK X + PUK has recently arrived to Steam in Japanese and I was wondering if it's possible to patch it to English. I have tried to patch it but I can't seem to get it to work for the life of me and was wondering If it is even possible to do so? If I'm doing something wrong please notify me. (also if this post is in the wrong spot I do apologize)

https://i.gyazo.com/77859a0a90db4109445 ... 69e52e.png Here is the image that appear when I attempt to launch the English patch.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/62806 ... t__X_with/ (Game link here)

Send me the Msg file. i will take a look
T2_2112
Initiate

Unread postby Havie » Wed May 30, 2018 3:33 pm

Ive got a Few Questions about ROTK X
( Ive played 11, 12, and 13, really enjoying this one more)

1) the only thing this game is really lacking is to imprison officers captured.. only being able to try to employ once, then execute or release kinda sucks... A guide I read says there is a rumor that releasing the officer will make them more likely to join next time? Seems unlikely to work, at least their loyalty didnt change after the battle, and trying to spread rumors also failed. This whole thing has led me into asking -- whats the best way to employ enemy officers? I have tried Spamming people to spread rumors and they like never succeed. I am playing as Lu Bu and I don't think he has enough int/charisma to pull this off himself. Does being friends with the enemy officer help even if I send a subordinate to do the hiring? I really want to get Zhao Yun from GongsunZan and a few other high INT officers into my force, like Cao Cao still has Chen Gong.

2)Duels are awesome in this game! much better than the others imo. What are the % chances of enemy accepting Duels on battlefield? I heard some generals accept easier than others- how do i find out who besides high war stat generals? Is there a trait for this?
I heard confusing units or lowering them to almost dead will raise chance? I tried this once when Yue Jin got confused by an ambush and it worked with different dialogue so I can confirm. Unfortunately I dont have any officers that can force confusion on an enemy yet..

3) Are there any good ways to force a faction into land battles outside of town siege? Ive never gotten a field battle yet

4)What are some tactical ways to advance other than by military means?
Do you spam agitate first and once order is low will other commands succeed better? can this build into spreading rumours about officers better?

5)I have used weaken relationship between CaoCao and YuanShao in the past, and now the option isn't there anymore for those 2 specifically, If I select caocao first I can do YuanShao, vice versa. Does this mean they are allied or already at war? I dont see them fighting one another ever. How can I check?

6) What do the legends like Zuo Ci, Hua Tao and some girl Cai something do? I keep running into them in towns, but they never want to talk to me.

7) If a prefect down gets the tech level to max, is there a way for me to manually do the upgrade without having to take control of that town and mess the whole officer distribution up? They don't seem to do the upgrade themselves?

8) Is this game missing appointing ranks and titles to your officers? Or am i just missing this? Also I was appointed a title by the emperor once, and have expanded since then, but havent gotten any titles, meanwhile SunCe is getting tons of titles.

9) Zhang Yan to the north, whom I am allied with has control of the emperor, what does this do for me? If I attack him and take his cities- what will happen? If I control the emperor can i move him out of Lou Yang? What else can i gain from this?

10) What does fame as a ruler do?
Havie
Apprentice

Unread postby Live Bait » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:18 pm

2. Officers are more likely to accept duels against officers with a comparable WAR stat. Incited or confused officers are more likely to accept. Charge attacks will sometimes instigate a duel.

3. I only recall them coming out to a field battle when they're at the end of their line and desperate to save their city. The easiest way for a field battle would be to meet them when they initiate an attack. Or you could send out a single officer with single unit to build a base to draw them out then meet them before or after they get to that troop.

4. I've found most tactics work better when you've lowered order in the target city.

5. They're probably already at war, but with Lu Bu hovering over their backs they might be hesitant to initiate battle with each other.

6. Some are easier to talk to than others. Some will teach you skills if you meet the requirements. Cai Yan teaches domestic and debate skills, Hua Tao teaches Doctor. A few will also give you an item when you reach the correct friendship level. You just have to talk to them a lot or drink with them to move the friendship along faster.

7. If you're the ruler you can take out the gold and upgrade it yourself. Otherwise make sure the city has enough gold and officers to execute the upgrade themselves. They're not always the quickest to get things done though.

8. Officers' ranks are based on their deeds. Titles by the emperor are based on number of cities you control and number of officers you employ, supposedly with Hero skill.

9. If you take the city the emperor is located in you should be asked whether you want to protect or depose. If you depose you are essentially proclaiming yourself emperor and relations with other forces with decline. If you protect the emperor he will be located in your home city and supposedly diplomacy should work better and others are more willing to like you. You can expect many visits from Cao Cao.

10. Everyone's more likely to help you if you're famous.
Live Bait
Tyro

Unread postby Sakae Wu » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:51 am

Live Bait wrote: Officers' ranks are based on their deeds. Titles by the emperor are based on number of cities you control and number of officers you employ, supposedly with Hero skill.

I think titles from the emperor are based on the territories controlled (Ba Shu, Central Plains, etc)
It's been awhile since I played this so I may be mistaken.

Anyways, welcome to SoSZ Live Bait!
Sakae Wu
Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms