RTK X: Discussion Thread

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: RTK X: Discussion Thread

Unread postby rk47 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:00 am

No. That's not what I meant at all. What I wanted is to alter history a bit, let me experience the events and change the outcome somehow in the decision making of major characters.

If toggling history to 'off' meant having no history would that remove all character specific events altogether? Cause that's a shame.
rk47
Assistant

Unread postby DreamGoddessLindsey » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:04 am

Yeah, that's what it does, but again, you can still dodge triggers easily enough. Some events do have choices as well, but not all of them.
DreamGoddessLindsey
Banned

Unread postby DreamGoddessLindsey » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:12 am

Question: Were all the items that expand lifespans removed in the PUK? Pu Yang is XL and had none of them, and none of the other shops have them either. Were they removed?

Another Question: What is up with the various "Tea" items, the effects of which are nothing more than "Great Taste"? These seem to be brand new items only in the PUK, and they're weird because they don't do anything.

Help would be great!
DreamGoddessLindsey
Banned

Unread postby DreamGoddessLindsey » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:25 am

Never mind. Upon comparing the PS2 and PC versions, it seems the "Tea" actually is the "Medicine" and it was just translated wrong.
DreamGoddessLindsey
Banned

Unread postby rk47 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:03 am

Current Yellow Turban campaign with created officer turned up some interesting conclusions of my own.
Do comment if I get these right/wrong:

1. Talent
Hire discovered officers. It doesn't matter you're Pro/Against Han - Xiahou Dun joined. Cao Ren joined. Dian Wei joined. I headhunted these guys and all I had to do is pester them repeatedly till they're Close then win the odd debate. With talented officers, the Han Loyalists can't really match up against Yellow Turban's garrison. The odd defeats on the field do happen, but we're actually holding on to what we've got and is in no position to lose anything.

Of course me hunting talent for like a year or so had a large impact as well in depriving He Jin and Co from gaining officers.

2. City
Once a city is properly saturated with officers, then the city development can just proceed at ridiculous pace. Xu Chang turned into a Large city. With 3-5 officers working on the Foundry at all time. I spent quite a bit of time chatting them up, offering help whenever I can so the gold budget gets more mileage.

3. Drafting
This is the part that my prefect AI botched - over-drafting - realizing not enough food, then dumping gold into food. Neglecting Trade. At some point, turning Xu Chang into a Large city turned Zhang Liang into a draft-maniac. I was assigned to drafting so many times with the other officers. We literally grew around 25k strong troops in half a year.

Then the money ran out from buying food to feed the soldiers. Uh Oh. Big problem. I learned of this when the Tech level is capped but I cannot propose the XL expansion. There's less than 2000 gold in the city vault. :roll:

I learned a lot of city management from this - and since attacking Luo Yang is out of the question (150k garrison), we're just stuck at boring stalemates till the Trade level is capped to feed our army. :rangry:

He did greenlight capping Ru Nan, an empty city. I wonder if I should just move there and try to feed Xu Chang slowly.
But yeah, I barely played in any battles. It got a little old after 3 years of civic official business. Another 5 years in a backwater city might just kill this game for me. :?
rk47
Assistant

Unread postby Zorkaz » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:42 pm

Can somebody help me? I want to create a character, but I can't click the "OK" button to finish it.

Also: Does anyone know how to change the ingame resolution?
Zorkaz
Assistant

Unread postby Fou Lu » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:43 pm

Does Sun Quan not pass away in this game? I'm in 257AD and he's still alive. I am playing on historic mode which made me think that the lifespans were also historic, so Sun Quan should have died in 252, correct? I'm asking because I was waiting out his demise so I could betray Wu, because decades before I foolishly swore an oath with him.
Fou Lu
Initiate

Unread postby Xu Yuan » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:12 pm

He'll die... eventually. Death dates in RTK are never exact. If he's programmed to die at a certain time the game may kill him anywhere from that time to possibly ten to twenty years later. The matter is further compounded if Sun Quan has a life-enhancing item, which will let him hang around even longer.
As you know security
is mortal's greatest enemy.

SimRTK is back up in a testing phase! Go ahead and give it a look over on the Simzhou forum branch.

http://simrtk.net/index.php
Xu Yuan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby SyntaxERROR » Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:42 am

any new patches??
SyntaxERROR
Tyro

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:44 am

So I was feeling nostalgic and watched a Let's Play of this game and it reminded me of all of the little boring things like enhancing various facilities and traveling from place to place. Reminded me of how idiotic the allied AI is most of the time losing most battles unless you take part in them. Oddly enough even remembering this I still want to play this game again :lol:

One day I will break down and buy a used PS2 and find this game on Ebay along with RTK 9 :lol:

I remembered while watching the ley's play that events from the novel actually occur regularly during gameplay. The person playing was using Zhou Yu in 194, during his playthrough Lu Bu was driven out of Yan and fled to Liu Bei. Liu bei then went to war with Yuan Shu and was sneak attacked by Lu Bu who then drove Liu Bei to Cao Cao. I think after Liu Bei's rebellion was crushed it stopped following the novel as the player leading Sun Ce's army began conquering Jing. I wish XI had events like that, even using the historical settings there events don't follow the novel, they just go by stats. I miss hearing about novel events happening in the game.
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms