RTK X: Discussion Thread

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: RTK X: Discussion Thread

Unread postby Icabola » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:53 pm

I need help in finishing :

1. Biography in english
2. Message in english

Anyone can help me or share my work? Fyi I have been working on an English Mod of RTK X PUK CHIN vers, using Cao Shang RTKX PUK exe since 2007, This mod will cover :
a. 800+ officers (done)
b. New RTK X officer/general avatar using image from RTK XII/XI (done)
c. Enhanced Treasure graphics. (redhare, black dragon etc) (done)
d. New Music (using 2 files Redcliff 1-2 Music, and 1 file from RTK XI music combine with existing RTK 10 music) (done)
e. New Bio in english (msg.file) --- WIP
f. Conversation in english (msg.file) --- WIP, I need someone who can understand chinese very well.... :(
g. Can create new officer in English name/surname.
h. 3d soldier enhanced graphics --- WIP.

Pls reply Thank you

Sample :

Icabola
Tyro

Unread postby Surfopotamus » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:10 am

Icabola wrote:I need help in finishing :

1. Biography in english
2. Message in english

Anyone can help me or share my work? Fyi I have been working on an English Mod of RTK X PUK CHIN vers, using Cao Shang RTKX PUK exe since 2007, This mod will cover :
a. 800+ officers (done)
d. New Music (using 2 files Redcliff 1-2 Music, and 1 file from RTK XI music combine with existing RTK 10 music) (done)
f. Conversation in english (msg.file) --- WIP, I need someone who can understand chinese very well....

My fiance and I would love to help (she's from China, I am not but love this game and to tinker). Are you working directly in the San10Editor or do you happen to have the text extracted into a txt file? If you don't have it already, I was thinking of writing a script to extract/inject the message texts so it can be worked on easier. We could even then just post it up on a public wiki and have the larger community help out where/when ever they feel like it. What do you think? BTW, we should probably continue this discussion on the RTK Fan Projects thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13577
Surfopotamus
Tyro

Unread postby Icabola » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:06 pm

Surfopotamus wrote:

1. Biography in english
2. Message in english

a. 800+ officers (done)
f. Conversation in english (msg.file) --- WIP, I need someone who can understand chinese very well....

My fiance and I would love to help (she's from China, I am not but love this game and to tinker). Are you working directly in the San10Editor or do you happen to have the text extracted into a txt file? If you don't have it already, I was thinking of writing a script to extract/inject the message texts so it can be worked on easier. We could even then just post it up on a public wiki and have the larger community help out where/when ever they feel like it. What do you think? BTW, we should probably continue this discussion on the RTK Fan Projects thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13577

Wow, thank you for your helping hand , well in fact i need a perfect translator from chinese lang to eng language especially for conversation. The message itself can be opened and edit "only" by saneditor10 (copy paste) , which i will provide the download link immediately. There is no way i can extract this message (sorry i dont understand technically how to extract it).
I believe this project/mod is certainly takes a lot of time since i have the mod scope from :
a. Enhanced graphical interface (all menus/button) (WIP)
b. Enhanced graphics for historical events (WIP)
c. Enhanced graphics for map and 3d Soldiers (WIP)
d. Biography (WIP)

Thats all for now....

This is the mod download link :

https://rapidshare.com/files/1233146106/RTK_ver_1.0_Beta_Mod.rar

The tools download link :

https://rapidshare.com/files/1186556634/RTK10TOOLS.rar

Be sure that you have already installed RTK10 PUK CHINESE VER. Sorry i dont remember the version :cry:

Happy testing :)
Icabola
Tyro

Unread postby TVL » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:36 am

Great job :o
And sounds like a lot of work to do too. Maybe you should focus on translating conversation first since it's not like everyone read bio. Would lovely to see the enhanced graphics for map and soldiers too o3o
Again, good job :D
TVL
Master

Unread postby Surfopotamus » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:37 am

Hey Icabola,

To make things easier I've written a program to extract all of the text in the MSG files. I've used the MSG files in your patch, so I have all of your current changes too. I'm going to put up all the original and translated text side by side on a public wikia so that anyone can make corrections/improvements on the translations.

Right now I currently have all the MSG files converted to plain text files, but I need to do the following things before I can put it all online:

1) Parse out the place holder codes (all those "[0x04][0x05][0x01][0x24]" entries) and replace them with smaller ones. Just to make it easier to read.
2) Write a wikia importer for the parsed data.

I'm going to be away for the weekend, but I'll let you know once its online.

Oh FYI, I don't own the chinese version of RTK10 so I asked someone to bring me a copy from China. Basically, I cant really test things myself on the chinese version until it arrives next month :lol:... but I think I should be able to replace the MSG files in my Japanese and have it work just fine. Have to test that...
Surfopotamus
Tyro

Unread postby jace1884 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:58 am

hey guys I have a question. Just downloaded the PC Japanese version + PUK and got everything installed. However as I try and create my own character, it seems as if it won't let me finish the creation. The "OK" button is shaded grey and can't do anything other than exit out of the create character screen.

Photo attached. Thanks for the help
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
create new character help
Untitled.jpg (167.31 KiB) Viewed 7486 times
jace1884
Tyro

Unread postby TVL » Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:32 am

You have to download the pkloader.exe. Here's the download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?3ogmxa2n3nd
Then place it in the game folder, everytime you wanna play, open it to play instead, so you won't have problem use latin characters for created officers and baby's name
TVL
Master

Unread postby jace1884 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:38 am

TVL wrote:You have to download the pkloader.exe. Here's the download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?3ogmxa2n3nd
Then place it in the game folder, everytime you wanna play, open it to play instead, so you won't have problem use latin characters for created officers and baby's name

Thanks a lot. That worked well...Another question. Is there a more complete English patch for PUK than what is up on kongming.net?
jace1884
Tyro

Unread postby TVL » Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:51 am

I don't think there's one atm
Atm there're 2 team who's translating, T2_2112 and Icabola as you can see above
But it seems both hasn't finished the project to release :P
TVL
Master

Unread postby T2_2112 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:04 am

Icabola wrote:
Surfopotamus wrote:

1. Biography in english
2. Message in english

a. 800+ officers (done)

I love to help with Bio. My work base on JAP version, i do not think my works can help you much, and i lost my lastest work due HDD crashed. Here what i have now

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?yq9huhpc88k1599

AND i need to know ur version PUK, 1.3.3 ??

EDIT: I have problem with rapidshare, can you upload to Mediafire ???
T2_2112
Initiate

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms