RTK X: Discussion Thread

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

RTK X: Discussion Thread

Unread postby Lady Wu » Sun Jan 25, 2004 7:16 am

Mod Edit (James): Making this thread the sticky discussion thread.

Romance of the Three Kingdoms X is planned for Asia release in Spring, 2004.
Romance of the Three Kingdoms X should appear in the United States as early as late 2004 (up until mid 2005), but as of yet there is no official information from Koei.

Romance of the Three Kingdoms X - Kongming’s Archives
Romance of the Three Kingoms X at 4Gamer.net

- - - - -

Argh! I can't read Japanese... :(

The screenshots look fantastic, though. I'm especially curious about the new "battle of wits" thing... from what I can gather, strategists can "duel" each other with words, right?

And is this going to be RPG-like in the style of RTK7/8, or keeping the IX style?
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby Kong Wen » Sun Jan 25, 2004 7:26 am

I can't give a real answer, certainly, but it looks like it's going to be semi-RPG style again. The only thing I have to base this on is the fact that there are varying non-ruler portraits shown in the upper left-hand corner of the screen.

Unless the game just rotates the portraits around depending on which character you're currently giving orders to.
"If I had to do my life over, I would change every single thing I have done."
— Raymond Douglas Davies, 1967
Kong Wen
Golden God
Golden God

Unread postby James » Sun Jan 25, 2004 11:47 am

The link posted by Carp’s Tail was the source of all the images posted earlier in this thread. Some additional screenshots can be found there as well.

http://www.4gamer.net/news/history/2004 ... etail.html

Looking it over once it seems it builds on the style of gameplay found in IX, but I’m afraid I can’t read Japanese either. Maybe someone will be able to give us more information as to what is detailed on that page?
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Ci Cao » Sun Jan 25, 2004 12:26 pm

Apparently the battle system will be similar to the one of RTKIII (field Battle & castle Battle phase) and completely turn based, though the game still runs on a main map like RTK 9. (I haven't played IX yet)
The Scene with the three brothers and Kongming seems to be the third visit.
About the scene with Zhuge Liang and Gongjin (Zhou Yu), apparently it's some kind of diplomatic duel (just like in the book where Kongming convinces the Wu officers to fight Cao Cao at Chi Bi)
The "wonderful" babelfish-translation *g*:
With three ? will X, depend on the civil service employees, "one horseman you attack and" with can say, the "tongue game system" was loaded.
Tongue game, at the time of diplomacy and the special mode which occurs when disappearing to the enemy city. For example at the critical moment......, when the messenger who visits partner power because of diplomacy, being returned request and the like, you can bring to this tongue game.In this case, the result of diplomacy changes with the result of tongue game.This way, the reason that at three sun/size ahead tongues it can keep having circumstance in good direction.
In Sangokushi expansion, there is a scene where "large troop teacher" hole discernment visits Kure with single. With this system, it probably is to be able to taste the atmosphere until recently above the work.

another word about war: it is said that multiple cities are involved in war... what could they mean with that?

Btw:
Sale day of this work, as written on also beginning, is 2004 spring, but, it probably is close time perhaps only "rain" and "early summer" without. (Iwahama)
So the game will already be released late spring? whew! :o
Ci Cao
Academic

Unread postby Emperor Sain Cai » Sun Jan 25, 2004 8:01 pm

Next time please post the link, and not the image. I have DSL and the pics are taking a while to load, so I can imagine what a dial up user will see.
Sain Cai: The People's Champion
RTK Games.com my Romance of the Three Kingdoms reference.
RTK Hosting Have your RTK site hosted here.
Emperor Sain Cai
Apprentice

Unread postby GuangRong » Mon Jan 26, 2004 4:37 am

It sure looks like going back to the RPG style ..

Not only do you see armies on the Map, but also indivdual officers (person on horse) I assume.

I hopes that means a gameflow/ mechanic similar to the one in the Taiko Series..
Magister mundi sum!!
GuangRong
Langzhong

Unread postby Lady Wu » Mon Jan 26, 2004 5:02 am

I have to say that I'm addicted to IX's "real time" battles now... turn-based battles seem so fake to me. I wonder if they're keeping the timeline thing... you know, how when you recruit someone from far away, they take more days to get to your city, and when you go to another city to search/recruit/build alliance etc, it takes time for you to get there and back again. I kinda like that too.

And when will Koei make a RTK with online multiplayer??
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu

Unread postby Kong Wen » Mon Jan 26, 2004 5:29 am

You mean to tell me that IX is a real-time strategy game!?

All my hopes and dreams dashed in a single dark moment... :(
"If I had to do my life over, I would change every single thing I have done."
— Raymond Douglas Davies, 1967
Kong Wen
Golden God
Golden God

Unread postby GuangRong » Mon Jan 26, 2004 5:36 am

Looking at the Map, I say they would, , the fact that armies and individual officers show ups on the main Map confirmed they have to actually WALK to their destination..

I think its' a safe bet that KOEI will not be putting out an Online Multiplayer mode in the Core series soon..

why , when they could just as easily sold the Idea as a seperate game..
Magister mundi sum!!
GuangRong
Langzhong

Unread postby GuangRong » Mon Jan 26, 2004 5:45 am

Kong Zhengshu wrote:You mean to tell me that IX is a real-time strategy game!?

All my hopes and dreams dashed in a single dark moment... :(

Not really realtime, something akin to RTK 6's phased real time..

and it's just as well they stay that way for the time being..

KOEI's Nobunaga's ambition has already made the transition to FULL realtime in XI
but the path finding still sucks.,despite having fidling with it since NB IX..

I take is as an extra challenge in combat..
(it feels more total-war-ish than Warcraft -ish )
Though I have to say it's kind of exciting and involving
Magister mundi sum!!
GuangRong
Langzhong

Next

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms