RTK X: Discussion Thread

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Thanks for the Info

Unread postby Talorin » Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:39 am

My dream of an English version may not be reallized. The last time I played RTK was IV Wall of Fire. Thing is, I no longer want to play them on a Playstation console. I would find it easier and probably more enjoyable to play on my computer. Any idea what kind of market KOEI is missing out on by not distributing an English version for PC? Perhaps not enough to merit the English version. Anyways, thanks for the info. Take care.
Talorin
Tyro

Unread postby Ranbir » Sun Feb 01, 2004 11:19 am

What I'm confused about is...why Sony lets Koei allow to make te ROTK games on PC, in Japan and China...but not outside of there...surely if they made that contract so they get more sony sales...why not at the homebase?

Anyway, any new distinctive differences, evolving on the IX system, or some more innovative changes?
Last edited by Ranbir on Fri Feb 20, 2004 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Unread postby chemsium » Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:23 pm

when is RTK X coming out???? spring is what month to what month
chemsium
Tyro

Unread postby Carp's Tail » Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:32 pm

chemsium wrote:when is RTK X coming out???? spring is what month to what month

Should be some time from March to June 2004.

HiddenRanbir wrote:What I'm confused about is...why Sony lets Koei allow to make te ROTK games on PC, in Japan and China...but not outside of there...surely if they made that contract so they get more sony sales...why not at the homebase?

I think it also has to do with limiting software piracy. The piracy of English language software is massive. Of course, other languages have software pirates too, but considering that English is the most dominant language in computer technology and software (in terms of user interface), KOEI would like to limit its losses in the English market.

Anyway, any new distinctive differences, evolving on the XI system, or some more innovative changes?

Can't tell right now since RTK 10 isn't out yet.
Engage in combat fully determined to die and you will be alive; wish to survive in the battle and you will surely meet death.
-- Uesugi Kenshin
Carp's Tail
征夷大將軍

Unread postby Master Kongming » Fri Feb 20, 2004 5:11 am

I think they have made a few too many of these games...
知道敵人, 認識自己, 並且勝利從未是疑義, 不是在一百次爭鬥。
Master Kongming
Initiate

Unread postby Carp's Tail » Fri Feb 20, 2004 3:12 pm

If you think that's too many, then consider Final Fantasy (I think it's at 10 by now), and Nobunaga's Ambition (currently at 11) :)
Engage in combat fully determined to die and you will be alive; wish to survive in the battle and you will surely meet death.
-- Uesugi Kenshin
Carp's Tail
征夷大將軍

Unread postby Liu He » Fri Feb 20, 2004 4:07 pm

Besides, it's not as if all of the other companies out there are making truly revolutionary games right now . . . sure, they tweak the plots, change the characters' names, and the like, but the truth of the matter is that it's pretty rare for a truly innovative game to come along.

I like the fact that Koei is sticking with a masterpiece as the backplot for a fantastic, enjoyable series of strategic games.

I don't need RotK IX or RotK X to change the characters, map, plot, etc. just to stay engaged and interested... really, I look for an enjoyable game in it's own right, and the fact that I can run into classic characters in each new iteration can be perceived just as much as a bonus as a drawback...

I love these games. :)
Liu He
Student

Unread postby Zhou Gongjin » Sat Feb 21, 2004 6:39 am

I wouldn't really mind if they took a long time translating this one. IMO, the translations for 6,7 and 8 were horrendous, they were full of errors and lacked all the finess of the Japanese versions. Also, a lot of typos are being made in the rush to translate these games (just check the start menu of RTK8 for the PS2...). RTKX looks really good, and I'll let you know how it plays as soon as Lady Wu buys it and I copy it. :-D
He who exercises government by means of his virtue may be compared to the north polar star, which keeps its place and all the stars turn towards it.
-孔夫子
Zhou Gongjin
鋼のチビ

Unread postby Oberstein » Mon Feb 23, 2004 12:56 pm

So long as they don't have voice overs turning Cao Cao into Cow Cow (Kessen, anyone?).

Almost makes you wish they'd stayed with wade-giles...
The space where I would put a witty and revealing comment, if I had one to make.
Oberstein
Tyro

Unread postby Mengdez New Book » Fri Feb 27, 2004 3:26 am

I heard the KOEI maybe postpone this game, hopefully it will be out on time :wink:
Mengdez New Book
No Title

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms