RTK X: Discussion Thread

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Unread postby Oberstein » Thu Jan 29, 2004 8:04 am

Any clue how long it will take for the Chinese language version to be released after the Japanese language version?

Also (and I apologise for raising the point in a separate post, but this forum seems more appropriate), does the city view remind anyone of the latest version of KOEI's sister series 'Nobunaga's Ambition'? I picked up a copy on my last return from Taiwan, and liked the 3-D city management - not a million miles off SimCity ^_^
The space where I would put a witty and revealing comment, if I had one to make.
Oberstein
Tyro

Unread postby Carp's Tail » Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:48 pm

I think the Chinese and Japanese language versions for the PC come out at the same time. The Japanese PS2 version comes out about 6-7 months after the PC version, and then presumably the English PS2 version comes out 5 months after the Japanese PS2 version.

So CJ(PC) <----- 6-7 months -------> J-PS2 <----- 5 months----> NA-PS2.
Engage in combat fully determined to die and you will be alive; wish to survive in the battle and you will surely meet death.
-- Uesugi Kenshin
Carp's Tail
征夷大將軍

Unread postby Stefanos » Thu Jan 29, 2004 2:32 pm

A question for.. well, mainly Carp but anyone who might know..

After the game is released, how long do you estimate it will be before the English patches for the game start coming out? I played RTK 9 plenty without the patch, but it made more sense(duh) with it.

Of course, Ill still buy the game over the net anyway... who needs English, as long as it has pictures and Carp can do a little translating for me ;)
I told you I get paid for every letter.. like abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
Stefanos
我的甜孩子

Unread postby Carp's Tail » Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:15 pm

Hm...depending on whether the same or similar group has enough interest and resources to do a translation project, my guess is at least 2-3 months after the PC version is released. It might be longer than that.
Engage in combat fully determined to die and you will be alive; wish to survive in the battle and you will surely meet death.
-- Uesugi Kenshin
Carp's Tail
征夷大將軍

Unread postby Ranbir » Fri Jan 30, 2004 10:45 am

translation projects? Are you saying some groups have attempted (of have done) translations of the PC rotk games?
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Unread postby Carp's Tail » Fri Jan 30, 2004 5:10 pm

There have been (still on-going?) projects to translate the Chinese PC version of RTK9.
-- Uesugi Kenshin
Carp's Tail
征夷大將軍

hey!

Unread postby Dashu » Sat Jan 31, 2004 5:18 am

why have these boards been so quiet? are we all so busy doing other things?
Dashu
Tyro

Unread postby Carp's Tail » Sat Jan 31, 2004 2:40 pm

Yeah, I'm mostly busy with school, for example...
-- Uesugi Kenshin
Carp's Tail
征夷大將軍

RTK X PC

Unread postby Talorin » Sun Feb 01, 2004 7:22 am

Forgive my ignorance, I am new to message boards/forums. I have read all your posts and am curious if anyone knows for certain: Will RTK X be released in English for PC? I also saw someone say something about an english language patch for IX. Is that possible, and is it readily available?

Off topic question: Is there an English release of Nobunaga's Ambition for the PC? I remember playing the first version, but have never seen any other versions released. If there is a version for the PC in English, does it still have assassinations? That was always my favorite thing to do. Is it comparable to the first version in any sense?

I thank whomever replies for their patience.

Talorin
Talorin
Tyro

Unread postby James » Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:21 am

Koei cannot release RTK X/IX for English, their contract forbids it. The mentioned translation is actually being conducted by fans, maybe another member has some links handy on that. There could be a similar project for RTK X when it comes out, we’ll have to see when the time comes. As for an English release of X, it is very likely the PS2 release will come to the United States, but we won’t be seeing an official Windows release from Koei.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms