RTK X: Discussion Thread

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Unread postby Carp's Tail » Tue Jan 27, 2004 4:48 am

OT: James, I just reviewed the information I have about the retired government. You ought to be using the title of 上皇 (jo ko) which is the Japanese term for "retired emperor". A retired emperor exerts a lot of influence by virtue of having been an emperor, but is more freer to speak controversially because of his retirement and there being another emperor on the throne.
Engage in combat fully determined to die and you will be alive; wish to survive in the battle and you will surely meet death.
-- Uesugi Kenshin
Carp's Tail
征夷大將軍

Unread postby James » Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:38 am

Oh, and so the below isn't completely off topic, I tossed bits online and will add more as I find things to include (or once the game comes out and I can come across some new original content).

http://kongming.net/10/

Carp's Tail wrote:OT: James, I just reviewed the information I have about the retired government.

I fixed it as soon as I saw your correction in the other thread. :)
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby GuangRong » Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:17 am

I'm pretty sure we'll see RTK 10 by 2004, seeing there's no radical change or something they haven't do with other games before....

from the screenshots., you already seen that they've merely recycled or modfied some of the exisiting portraits/graphics..

they dun even have to do alot of coding .. .
Magister mundi sum!!
GuangRong
Langzhong

Unread postby James » Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:30 pm

GuangRong wrote:they dun even have to do alot of coding .. .

Translation is probably the primary concern, not porting code.
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby SilverKey » Tue Jan 27, 2004 6:23 pm

Its unfortunate that they havent even released ROTK9 in the States
We pillage, we plunder, we rifle and loot. Drink up me 'earties yo ho! We kidnap and ravage and don't give a hoot. Drink up me 'earties yo ho! Yo ho, yo ho a pirate's life for me. We extort, we pilfer, we filch and sack. Drink up me 'earties yo ho!
SilverKey
Student

Unread postby Carp's Tail » Tue Jan 27, 2004 6:23 pm

As North American gamers can attest, the priority on the quality of the translation work could be upped a bit...
Engage in combat fully determined to die and you will be alive; wish to survive in the battle and you will surely meet death.
-- Uesugi Kenshin
Carp's Tail
征夷大將軍

Unread postby Carp's Tail » Tue Jan 27, 2004 6:24 pm

SilverKey wrote:Its unfortunate that they havent even released ROTK9 in the States

It is scheduled for release in February (but between some of us here at SoSZ, we're thinking it's closer to April or May, given how KOEI pushed back RTK8's North American release).
-- Uesugi Kenshin
Carp's Tail
征夷大將軍

Unread postby James » Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:00 pm

Carp's Tail wrote:It is scheduled for release in February (but between some of us here at SoSZ, we're thinking it's closer to April or May, given how KOEI pushed back RTK8's North American release).

Jarik just sent me a press release (which should be on their site) that identifies the official release date as February 24, 2004. They went a while with that as an unofficial date, so maybe we'll actually see it as the 24th this time.
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Carp's Tail » Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:47 pm

Given how KOEI said that they would release RTK8 on one date, and then ended up pushing it back a month or two, I would take KOEI's release prediction with a grain of salt.
-- Uesugi Kenshin
Carp's Tail
征夷大將軍

Unread postby James » Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:10 pm

Carp's Tail wrote:Given how KOEI said that they would release RTK8 on one date, and then ended up pushing it back a month or two, I would take KOEI's release prediction with a grain of salt.

No doubt, I won't be surprised if that too is pushed back in honesty.
I think we might have a decent chance of getting it on time this go, but I couldn't back that up with any good evidence. Just a trend I think I've noticed or am identifying. Hopefully I'm right.
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms