RTK X: Discussion Thread

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Unread postby AN0K est la Paix » Mon Jan 26, 2004 5:45 am

Kong Zhengshu wrote:You mean to tell me that IX is a real-time strategy game!?

All my hopes and dreams dashed in a single dark moment... :(

Sorta but not really. It's not like games like Warcraft where everything is constantly moving. There is a planning and an action phase. You can take your time and slowly figure things out during the planning phase, which is not in real time and can last forever if you would like it to. Then at the end of your planning turn the action phase begins, this is the realtime aspect in that all happens at the same time but it's not like other RTS' games where you control the action while it happens. All is planned beforehand.
AN0K est la Paix
Tyro

Unread postby Kong Wen » Mon Jan 26, 2004 5:53 am

So it is a lot like the war system from Romance VI, it would seem... alright, my hopes have managed to reconstitute themselves to some degree... Carry on with Romance X conversation now folks, sorry for that interruption. 8-)
"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back."
— Roland Deschain, Wolves of the Calla
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ

Unread postby panzerbeobachtungswagen » Mon Jan 26, 2004 6:49 am

The new game of Nobunaga's Ambition include real-time battle, so it's not suprising at all to see rotk 10's battle is real-time too.
"The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them
between the millstones of taxation and inflation." -Vladimir Ilyich Lenin
panzerbeobachtungswagen
Tyro

system?

Unread postby Dashu » Mon Jan 26, 2004 11:00 pm

do we assume this is the pc version? how much space is there, typically, between the pc release and the ps2 port (not to mention the translation and transcontinental release)?
Dashu
Tyro

Unread postby Kong Wen » Mon Jan 26, 2004 11:19 pm

It usually takes a year, sometime a little more, between the Asian PS2 release and the North American one.

This looks like the Asian PC version, so I wouldn't expect to see a North American release of Romance X until December 2005 or thereabouts.
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ

Unread postby James » Mon Jan 26, 2004 11:29 pm

Kong Zhengshu wrote:This looks like the Asian PC version, so I wouldn't expect to see a North American release of Romance X until December 2005 or thereabouts.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see it later in 2004 or in early 2005, actually.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Kong Wen » Mon Jan 26, 2004 11:36 pm

James wrote:I wouldn’t be surprised to see it later in 2004 or in early 2005, actually.

You think? I was under the impression that the quick translation of Romance IX was kind of a surprise event, and that a similarly quick release for the next game would be unlikely. You never know, though. I just hope Koei doesn't flood their own market with too-close releases.

Not to say I wouldn't get Romance X if it came out on the heels of Romance IX, of course... :)
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ

Unread postby Carp's Tail » Mon Jan 26, 2004 11:54 pm

Usually, there is a ~1 year gap between the Asian PC release to the English PS2 release (with the Asian PS2 stuck in there midway before the English).
Engage in combat fully determined to die and you will be alive; wish to survive in the battle and you will surely meet death.
-- Uesugi Kenshin
Carp's Tail
征夷大將軍

Unread postby James » Tue Jan 27, 2004 4:12 am

Kong Zhengshu wrote:Not to say I wouldn't get Romance X if it came out on the heels of Romance IX, of course... :)

No doubt, I’d gladly put a year or a little less between the RTK titles. I get around three months of gameplay out of them at most (which is unfortunately a down from what I used to enjoy) but that’s not bad at all. And if they make the PS2 version anywhere near as well as it is looking like the RTK IX PS2 version could be, I’m in for it. I really like how they’ve handled the resolution differences in IX.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Musou » Tue Jan 27, 2004 4:22 am

Ya know, I was half expecting ROTK X to be 3D. Being the tenth game of the series and all....
Musou
Academic

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms