Who do you like to play as most?

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Cao Cao
12%
Liu Bei
22%
Sun Jian
3%
Sun Ce
10%
Sun Quan
2%
Liu Biao
1%
Yuan Shao
1%
Liu Zhang
1%
Dong Zhuo
0%
Lu Bu
6%
Ma Teng
2%
Kong Rong
1%
Qiao Mao (?)
1%
Created Ruler
26%
Other (please specify)
15%

Total votes : 363

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Sun Jun 16, 2002 8:29 am

The novel discussion forum opened with a poll as to who your favourite ruler was, so I figured I could put a similar topic here related to the game. We all have people who in the RTK games, we come back to and play as again and again. What person do you like to play as? If you want, post a reply stating your reasoning, whatever that is. From liking the ruler, liking the position he starts in, liking his officers, or anything else, let us know!
Xiahou Mao -- True Hero of the Three Kingdoms!
Pei Yuan Shao -- Sex Icon of the Three Kingdoms!
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Anshi » Sun Jun 16, 2002 9:15 am

I actually like playing as Liu Zhang...all nice and safe in Yizhou, while everyone else is duking it out. The only problem Liu Zhang has is tribes all around him, but once they are conquered you have a source of getting good troops.
Also, in RTK7, there will be a new scenario where you can play as Sima Zhao and unite the land. 8-)
Anshi
Refined Literati Emperor

Unread postby Zhang Liao17 » Sun Jun 16, 2002 2:37 pm

I usually play as Cao Cao but I also like to be Lu Bu and Yuan Shao.
"Death is but death, and why are you scared at it?"-Zhang Liao
Zhang Liao17
Supreme Commander of Wei Forces

Unread postby James » Sun Jun 16, 2002 3:08 pm

When I am not using a created officer I tend to play as monkey-ears (Liu Bei).
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Zhang Liao17 » Sun Jun 16, 2002 3:26 pm

Zhuge Kongming wrote:When I am not using a created officer I tend to play as monkey-ears (Liu Bei).

I sometimes play as Liu Bei on Dong Zhuo's ambition. It usually turns out to be a pretty fun game but I usually just find it too tough to tear myself away from Cao Cao because of all the great officer's he has.
Zhang Liao17

Unread postby Shi Tianfeng » Sun Jun 16, 2002 3:35 pm

I like to play as Sun Jian and destroy Liu Biao as soon as I can! Then after a few years I take over most of the southern area and part of the east. Dong Zhuo is usually still reigning supreme and I usually wage war against him. But by the time that starts I start to lose my best officers and my kingdom is too spread out for me to rule successfully. But still I take over most of the east by then and part of the center. That's when things get a little hard. The remaing rulers have by then strengthened their army greatly and I can't leave my cities defenseless while I try to take over more land. And I have no allies because I can never depend on them. Soon I am being barraged by attacks and terroism in my cities caused by my enemies (which is everyone else btw). That's usually as far as I can play.

But the reason why I choose Sun Jian because I mainly like his starting spot, only one enemy to take out and then I can choose where else I decide to conquer. He has decent officers. And I just like the Sun family.
Shi Tianfeng
Apprentice

Unread postby Zhang Liao17 » Sun Jun 16, 2002 3:41 pm

Sun Jian has a great starting area, he can gain Huang Zhong with a search in his own city and Sun Ce matures in month. It won't take very long to unite the south especially if you can acquire a good advisor like Kuai Liang from Liu Biao.
Zhang Liao17

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Sun Jun 16, 2002 8:01 pm

My personal vote goes to Sun Ce, I like that in the 194 scenario I can play out his rise to power..

The person I never play as is Cao Cao, not because I don't like him, just because he usually starts too powerful. I like playing as people who start with one city and work their way up from there, and that only applies to Cao Cao in one scenario.
Xiahou Mao -- True Hero of the Three Kingdoms!
Pei Yuan Shao -- Sex Icon of the Three Kingdoms!
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Azian Zenzation » Sun Jun 16, 2002 9:16 pm

Liu Bei all the way.
I usually plan Doug Zhuo ambition scenario.
Liu Bei starts off with the 2 best generals in the game, Guan Yu and Zhang Fei!
To win without fighting is the ultimate plan - Zhuge Liang
Azian Zenzation
Assistant

Unread postby Zhang Liao17 » Sun Jun 16, 2002 9:45 pm

Xiahou Mao wrote:My personal vote goes to Sun Ce, I like that in the 194 scenario I can play out his rise to power..

The person I never play as is Cao Cao, not because I don't like him, just because he usually starts too powerful. I like playing as people who start with one city and work their way up from there, and that only applies to Cao Cao in one scenario.

That also only applies in only one scenario for Sun Ce. I really only like the early scenarios, but I will occasionally play the later ones as well.
Zhang Liao17

Next

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms