Who do you like to play as most?

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Who do you like to play as most?

Cao Cao
12%
Liu Bei
22%
Sun Jian
3%
Sun Ce
10%
Sun Quan
2%
Liu Biao
1%
Yuan Shao
1%
Liu Zhang
1%
Dong Zhuo
0%
Lu Bu
6%
Ma Teng
2%
Kong Rong
1%
Qiao Mao (?)
1%
Created Ruler
26%
Other (please specify)
15%

Total votes : 367

Unread postby Seven at One Stroke » Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:43 pm

Kong Wen wrote:I know I have replied here before, but I would just like to add another little spin, since I started a new game a while back (even though I haven't made much progress in it). When I get good enough at a RTK game, I start playing as crappy rulers to make it more challenging. Recently, in RTK9, I have been playing as Kong Rong. I'm getting massacred by Tao Qian and Yuan Shao right now, so I think I may start over and give Kongy some created officers (like He Man and Mi Heng).

Who's your favourite crappy character to play as, when you're looking for a challenge?

Just making sure, which He Man are we talking about? (100 WAR!) :lol:

I'm not sure which characters count as "crappy", but sometimes I play Yuan Shu...though never survived more than a few turns. But I like him in a way because we are kindred pop soda addicts. :)
Moderation in pursuit of actual work is no vice.
Seven at One Stroke
Sei's Slave

Unread postby Kong Wen » Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:46 pm

Seven at One Stroke wrote:Just making sure, which He Man are we talking about? (100 WAR!) :lol:

My favourite He Man, the sky-scorching demon. I think I gave him around 80 WAR or something, to match him up with Cao Hong.

Although a whole team of He Men would be really cool.
"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back."
— Roland Deschain, Wolves of the Calla
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ

Unread postby Lady Wu » Sat Oct 16, 2004 12:22 am

Kong Wen wrote:Although a whole team of He Men would be really cool.

Correction: "Them Men".

7@1 wrote:But I like him in a way because we are kindred pop soda addicts.

How do you know that Yuan Shu was a sodapop addict?
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby Seven at One Stroke » Sat Oct 16, 2004 12:25 am

Lady Wu wrote:How do you know that Yuan Shu was a sodapop addict?

The "honey water"? :lol:
Moderation in pursuit of actual work is no vice.
Seven at One Stroke
Sei's Slave

Unread postby Kong Wen » Sat Oct 16, 2004 12:31 am

Lady Wu wrote:
Kong Wen wrote:Although a whole team of He Men would be really cool.

Correction: "Them Men".

Correction: "They Men". Got Linguist? ;)
"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back."
— Roland Deschain, Wolves of the Calla
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ

Unread postby Zhang Ren of Shu » Sat Oct 16, 2004 4:10 pm

Lady Wu wrote: Gongsun Zan has pretty nice mounted archery skills in RTK9, and the proximity to Zhao Yun is always a plus. However, it's somewhat of a challenge to protect yourself from the backstabbing Wuhuan and from the powerful Yuan Shao.

Man, i know how that is, you have some good tactics, you can get good officers, but then the damn barbarians attack you, even when your amicable with them :x

and as far as crappy rulers, i sometimes play as Kong Zhou and Kong Rong, but can't survive for long. I also play as...errrr...Zhang Yan and Zhang Yang (dont even now if thats right :? ).
Hey..... I havent posted for...... a month and a bit..... well hopfully I'm back....
Zhang Ren of Shu
Master

Location: In a room full of soft objects..... very soft objects....

Unread postby Lady Wu » Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:57 pm

The ABSOLUTELY MOST IMPOSSIBLE character to play as, I declare, is Yan Baihu in RTK 9 ("Little Conqueror" scenario). The game skews everything against him.

Starting in Wu, he has no chance to secure a whole province, and with fame at 70, no one would work for him. Fortunately Liu Yao and Wang Lang are both friends, so he can concentrate on stuff other than defence. Unfortunately, there's nothing to concentrate on, since his intelligence is 28 (his brother is a tad better at 58), and his pol is at a whopping 24 (the other dude at 22). They both have useless infantry skills, but fortunately one of them has the battering ram.

The problem is, with pol that low, there is no way he could recruit anyone. Not even captives would work for them. I backstabbed Liu Yao and took his Moling, but Hua Xin wouldn't surrender (so eventually I had to release him in an effort to regain my lost fame rating!). I took Beihai (so I have a full province), but neither Kong Rong nor Wang Xiu could be convinced to work for me, and I have Wang Xiu in custody for over a year now. I captured Zang Ba from Tao Qian a while ago but he wouldn't surrender either. So now I have almost 4 cities, but only 2 officers in total (Yan Baihu and his bro)!

Has anyone been successful with Yan Baihu at all? I'm at my wit's end... :?
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu

Unread postby Zhuge Xing » Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:27 pm

Lord Liu most of the time, I just can't stand to go against virtuous lord, anyways I like to play him because of his officers and most of all Lord Zhuge.
Zhuge Xing
Apprentice

Unread postby The Might of Lu Bu » Sat Dec 04, 2004 5:02 pm

I believe i like created players, because they are very skilled. One of my favorite players would have to be Davy Crockett because he is all-around best, with war:88,intelligence:96:politics:82,charisma:90. He also0 has some very nice tactics and skills, but his reverse skill is one of the hardest to get because there are two choices to getting it, one:becoming a loyal brothers with a person who has that skill, two:waiting until the hermit visits you and asks if you want to learn new skill.
"We could learn a lot from crayons: some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names, all are different colors....but they all exist nicely in the same box."
The Might of Lu Bu
Assistant

Unread postby Frank » Sat Dec 04, 2004 5:07 pm

I'm with TMoLB (that's just a shorter way of The Might of Lu Bu.) because I really like Albert Einstein in that game. Sure, he's WAR power is 4, but everything else is ridiculous!

Oh, and I know this is off topic, but I always like greeting people. So, welcome to the Scholars of Shen Zhou, The Might of Lu Bu! :P
(God, do I like that name!)
/b/lackup has arrived.
Frank
Florida’s Finest

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms