Who do you like to play as most?

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Who do you like to play as most?

Cao Cao
12%
Liu Bei
22%
Sun Jian
3%
Sun Ce
10%
Sun Quan
2%
Liu Biao
1%
Yuan Shao
1%
Liu Zhang
1%
Dong Zhuo
0%
Lu Bu
6%
Ma Teng
2%
Kong Rong
1%
Qiao Mao (?)
1%
Created Ruler
26%
Other (please specify)
15%

Total votes : 362

Unread postby Sun Gongli » Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:13 pm

Kayzr wrote:Sucky, underpowered officers that can be powered up via excessive in-game training. I once had a powered-up Cao Ang in a game of RTK7 that actually kicked quite alot of ass, War in the mid-80s and Int, Pol and Cha scores in the 60s-70s. I find the underdogs give you more satisfaction when you complete the game with one that's been turned around into a good officer :D

I know how that is. In RTK7, I worked Sun Yi all the way up to 100 WAR. I kept his INT low intentionally.

Sun Ce's scripted events are a bit of fun in the 189 scenario of ROTKX. I always try to see if I can save Sun Jian.
"There are those who try to shape the world to their own whim,
and then there are those who allow the world to shape them.
It is in the balance that greatness is achieved."
Sun Gongli
Poo Poo Pants

Unread postby Kayzr » Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:20 am

Sun Gongli wrote: I know how that is. In RTK7, I worked Sun Yi all the way up to 100 WAR. I kept his INT low intentionally.

Sun Ce's scripted events are a bit of fun in the 189 scenario of ROTKX. I always try to see if I can save Sun Jian.

Sometimes it's fun to play as the underdog, especially after you've played as Guan Yu or Cao Cao for your entire life :D I even tried to play as Liu Chan in a game of RTK8 once. Through constant training (about all I had him do), I got his stats to look fairly normal. War in the 40s, Int&Pol in the 50s, Cha in the 70s or so. :shock: If only he'd been that good in reality, Shu never would've went under the way it did :lol:
Kayzr
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby xZhangLiaox » Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:33 pm

The person I play the most as is Liu Bei because I like starting out with 3 or 4 officers. :)
xZhangLiaox
Tyro

Unread postby Zhang Liao17 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:59 am

I find it interesting that so many people like to play as a created ruler. I always feel weird introducing even created officers into the game because it throws off the history a little bit for me. I usually only create rulers or officers that were not included on whatever version of the game I'm playing.

These days I like to play as any ruler really. I still find it tough to ever go up against Cao Cao, but I love to set up historical scenarios and control a lot of the lesser known rulers and see what happens.
"Death is but death, and why are you scared at it?"-Zhang Liao
Zhang Liao17
Supreme Commander of Wei Forces

Unread postby Ma Chao of Xi Liang » Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:19 am

I often play my created ruler along with my created officers.But when I dont play my created ruler,I always use Liu Bei.
Ma Chao of Xi Liang
Langzhong

Unread postby brigadier liao hua » Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:38 pm

I like to play as Liao Hua because he's got fairly good stats and he live for ages. And usually if i don't play as him i become oath brothers with him depending on which force i'm with.
brigadier liao hua
Langzhong

Unread postby Jordan » Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:10 pm

I like playing as Sun Jian. He has pretty good stats and I just think it's fun to play as him. In the Dong-Zhou coalition on ROTK VIII it's very easy to gain land in the South and since the other lords are focused on Dong Zhou and Dong Zhou is focused on repelling attacks you pretty much can just grab land and even fight wars with other lords. Believe it or not I also like playing as Dong Zhou. He also has good stats, some pretty good officers, a good power-base and a difficult challenge.
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby brigadier liao hua » Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:34 pm

I also like to play as gongsun zan so i can get the satisfaction of pummeling yuan shao and cao cao. :twisted:
brigadier liao hua
Langzhong

Unread postby man4422 » Mon May 02, 2005 3:05 am

Does it means that those playing Liu Bei is kind-hearted, and those playing Cao Cao is crafty? *laugh :D
Or issit because Liu Bei or Cao Cao seems to be a hero to them?

Rgds
man4422
man4422
Master

Unread postby Sao Meng » Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:58 pm

Liu Bei because I can bring in officers easier.
I shall return...to the garden...
Sao Meng
Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms