Who do you like to play as most?

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Who do you like to play as most?

Cao Cao
12%
Liu Bei
22%
Sun Jian
3%
Sun Ce
10%
Sun Quan
2%
Liu Biao
1%
Yuan Shao
1%
Liu Zhang
1%
Dong Zhuo
0%
Lu Bu
6%
Ma Teng
2%
Kong Rong
1%
Qiao Mao (?)
1%
Created Ruler
26%
Other (please specify)
15%

Total votes : 363

Unread postby Subotai » Sun Jul 03, 2005 1:25 am

i like my own created ruler, followed by Ma Teng cause he gets the corner!
"If your sword is sharp, then mine is never dull!"

Yuan Shao to the rebel Tung Cho.
Subotai
Langzhong

Unread postby michaelrayholt » Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:27 pm

I like playing as Lu Bu because he's the baddest looking mofo in RTKX. If only he weren't as dumb as a rock...

My second favorite has always been Zhuge Liang ("The Hidden/Sleeping Dragon" - depending on which version of RTK you play). Even though he's kind of a puss in War, he always had the Lightning, which was the shizznit. And (throwback to Kessen II) he had the best looking character design EVER in Kessen, hands down. [Side note - Is anyone else particularly PISSED that Kessen III just seemed to be a bad merger of Dynasty Warriors playstyle with Nobunaga-esque characters? I wanted a better iteration of RTK characters, with more magic and flying and kick-assery. Maybe it's just me.]

I guess for all around favorite though (strong in all areas), I'd have to pick Guan Yu or Zhang Liao any day. Plus, no matter what version of the cart you play, these guys' characters are always freakin' sweet-looking.

...just thought I'd put in my two cents-worth. Go back to your normal lives.
michaelrayholt
Tyro

Unread postby Catalyst » Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:54 pm

I always play as Ling Ji, who's been my buddy through many a forum Sim, and for other things as well. no politician, but great at other things. I don't have him as a ruler, though, since I love getting hired by the massive armies (Wei, for instance), then being appointed viceroy right away (high stats, very famous) then waiting, robbing the entire place, selling all food, and leaving the army in ruin. It's very fun
Catalyst
Apostle of Peace

Unread postby Shield of Rohan » Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:22 pm

I'm not much into created rules myself, though I do throw in some new officers into the forces to continue some family lines that die out in-game.

On rulers, I don't enjoy playing weaklings but never like to be the largest force on the board. I play most frequently as Ma Teng/Chao, and tied for second in playing time are Liu Bei and Gongsun Zan. The Sun clan probably takes third. I don't bother too much with anyone else especially if only rulers are being considered.
"I have gained this by philosophy: that I do without being commanded, what others do only from fear of the law." -Aristotle
Shield of Rohan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sam » Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:11 pm

At the moment, I'm really enjoying conquering the whole of China under Bao Xin. I generally do like playing as the lesser-known rulers, but because of Xin‘s character in the novel and history, I really enjoy developing a kingdom with him.

Of the major rulers, I like to alternate between who I play as for the difference in story line, and don't really have a favourite.
Otherwise known as Wang Ping (Zijun)
Sam
Sweeper of Invaders

Re: Who do you like to play as most?

Unread postby Beauty Warrior Zhou » Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:38 pm

Sun Ce as ruler and Zhou Yu as character (RTK VII, VIII and X)
If you fight for your right,
you will fight till you die
If you fight for your responsibility
you will end with happiness
-Sutjipto Subeno-
Beauty Warrior Zhou
Scholar

Unread postby sean the great » Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:44 am

I like playing with Meng Hou mostly because he is so different form everyone else and I like the nanman tribes that also surround him in the nan zhong.
sean the great
Tyro

Unread postby sean the great » Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:45 am

I like playing with Meng Hou mostly because he is so different form everyone else and I like the nanman tribes that also surround him in the nan zhong and destroying the other kingdoms that even try to mes with them.
sean the great
Tyro

Unread postby Chris the King » Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:54 pm

Lu Bu is definitely fun to play. In X, after Lu Bu takes Xia Pi and kicks Xuande to Xiao Pei, I like to take a "what-if" turn in history and have him attack Yuan Shu. Once Shou Chun is taken, I execute Yuan Shu and take his imperial seal, then ally myself to Sun Ce and build my forces for the inevitable show down with Cao Cao. Still tough because of where Cao Cao's powerbase is, and Lu Bu's Int is as frustrating as always. Still, Lu Bu + imperial seal = lots of asses kicked.

In the Heroes of Time scenario, I do the same thing, except I sieze He Jin's Luo Yang (easy to do with horsebow) and snatch his imperial seal. This scenario is much harder though, because Cao Cao develops Chen Liu quickly and starts pumping out towers and catapults.
Chris the King
Changshi

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms