Who do you like to play as most?

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Who do you like to play as most?

Cao Cao
12%
Liu Bei
22%
Sun Jian
3%
Sun Ce
10%
Sun Quan
2%
Liu Biao
1%
Yuan Shao
1%
Liu Zhang
1%
Dong Zhuo
0%
Lu Bu
6%
Ma Teng
2%
Kong Rong
1%
Qiao Mao (?)
1%
Created Ruler
26%
Other (please specify)
15%

Total votes : 362

Unread postby Hizentaru » Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:15 pm

I like playing as the Sun family. Sun Ce is my favorite. If I create my own characters I tend to make them a part of the Sun family. No I'm not a Wu-ist at all. :roll:
But all I could do is close my eyes
And cross my heart and hope to die

xanga | myspace
Hizentaru
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Gongli » Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:50 am

Ah, me too. My created characters are all Sun family members that they forgot. I make Sun Ce's son, Sun Shao, who was born in 200. I also make his three daughters, and I use the save game editor to make the eldest one marry Lu Xun and make her Lu Kang's mother. That way, Lu Kang will call Sun Ce grandfather (that is, assuming Sun Ce lives long enough for Lu Kang to come of age).
"There are those who try to shape the world to their own whim,
and then there are those who allow the world to shape them.
It is in the balance that greatness is achieved."
Sun Gongli
Poo Poo Pants

Unread postby GuangRong » Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:57 am

I Like to start small in RTK, with a single Province/City and only a Handful of Officers
So ever since it's avail (RTK 2), I've been playing a Created Officer.

IF I have to use a Historical character , Lu Bu.

Esp in the early RTKs, it's very satisfying to use Lu Bu's super Powerful stack to cut thru inferior armies several times your size.

Though it 's not the case now with the later RTKs ,with it's more magic.. er.. strategy oriented combat , I still play Lu bu out of Habbit..
Magister mundi sum!!
GuangRong
Langzhong

Unread postby Ma Tzu » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:18 pm

i agree...starting out with just one or two heroes and create your empire from scratch is the funny part....in that way you get to meet all the heroes that you´ve read about in the novel and try to convince them to join you....or try to defeat them.... :D
(this can be pretty hard in historical mode since some heroes match certain masters).....in that way plot with other factions to make them crush a certain ruler and then recruit newly won heroes from the victorious ruler makes funny mixtures of heroes that could never have existed in reality.....
Ma Tzu
Initiate

Unread postby Diao_Chan » Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:01 am

I like playing as Lu Bu.. too funny though, seeing as his path is so predictable... but.. did Diao Chan (aka Sable Cicada) really kill herself? I heard that she was never heard from again.
Diao_Chan
Academic

Unread postby Jaing_Wei12 » Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:04 am

I usually play as a created officer, but I tend to use Ma chao or sun jain when not.
Jaing_Wei12
Student

Location: In Front of the PS2 or Xbox,or Computer...Do you men right this moment?

Unread postby Xiahou Ji » Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:22 am

Big-ear-dude, Liu Bei. I always played the 189 scenario (I called that Ping Yuan Liu Bei). Having Guan Yu and Zhang Fei at the start is really nice. And defeating Yuan Shao is also a joy. Like in RTK10, Yuan Shao will always bring Wen Chou and Yan Liang to attack my Liu Bei, but they both always lose duels to Guan Yu and Zhang Fei, release them and they will come back again. Also I always try to capture Cao Cao and use him.
Then say you'll share with me one love, one lifetime;
let me lead you from your solitude.
Say you need me with you, here beside you,
anywhere you go, let me go too,
Christine, that's all I ask of you...
Xiahou Ji
Academic

Unread postby Zhao Yun Cu Liong » Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:49 am

I like to play as Liu Bei. Even though at first he's really weak, but with Guan Yu, Zhang Fei and Zhao Yun as my general I fear nothing. Actually, I like to play with plotting the barbarian and request their help just to weaken one army, or spreading the rumor against one kingdoms. That's a true victory for me. :D
Zhao Yun Cu Liong
Tyro

Location: Learning Martial Art under guidance of Zhao Yun at Mt. Chang

Unread postby Kayzr » Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:37 am

Sucky, underpowered officers that can be powered up via excessive in-game training. I once had a powered-up Cao Ang in a game of RTK7 that actually kicked quite alot of ass, War in the mid-80s and Int, Pol and Cha scores in the 60s-70s. I find the underdogs give you more satisfaction when you complete the game with one that's been turned around into a good officer :D
Kayzr
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby chunkyleechong » Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:55 pm

I haven't played any officers two times yet. I play ROTK8 alot and each game is fun. I guess I'd say my game I'm in now. APR 209 scenario, after the Battle of Chi Bi. I'm Liu Bei and Liu Zhang and Wu are taking out Cao Cao's cities. It's fun because at first, I was slappin' Cao Cao around left and right, but now he took one or two of my cities and I just failed an attack. It's challenging.
"Only wisdom and virtue can truly win men's devotion" - Liu Bei
chunkyleechong
Student

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms