RTK I–V Discussion Thread

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Do you think Koei’s Three Kingdoms has become worse or better with time?

Better!
48%
Worse…
20%
About the same…
17%
I haven’t played enough of them…
16%

Total votes : 138

Re: RTK I–V Discussion Thread

Unread postby dosfan » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:59 pm

dosfan wrote:Hi all,

As per this thread.

http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=19652&highlight=romance+kingdoms

RTK 4 has officially become abandon ware.

But I cannot seem to find it anywhere legit :(

Can anyone upload a playable RTK4 (PC version) to Abandonia or somewhere? I'm sure many here have a copy of the game (It is only 7 mb).

Or can anyone kindly share the game with me (send it over email)? Please, please, please pm me!

THANKS

B.U.M.P
dosfan
Tyro

Unread postby kkelvinnn » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:29 pm

I need a workable RTK4. The RTK4 I download off kongming.net just wont work on Windows 7.
kkelvinnn
Tyro

Unread postby Liu Zheng » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:11 pm

kkelvinnn wrote:I need a workable RTK4. The RTK4 I download off kongming.net just wont work on Windows 7.

As I said in the other thread, you need to install windows cement (or similar) on a dosbox. Or you can run windows 95 on a virtual box.
Liu Zheng
Apprentice

Unread postby LonelyStrategist » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:17 am

I was re-playing RTK 3 for PC, and I usually like to create my officers. However the random method is getting on my nerve.

Does anyone know of any cheats I can use to directly assign a value to my new officer's abilities? I remembered I have it once, but that was long ago.
LonelyStrategist
Apprentice

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:53 am

LonelyStrategist wrote:I was re-playing RTK 3 for PC, and I usually like to create my officers. However the random method is getting on my nerve.

Does anyone know of any cheats I can use to directly assign a value to my new officer's abilities? I remembered I have it once, but that was long ago.

Maybe you could find it digging around on Gamefaqs. I know there was a cheat in IV on emulation for doing this because I remember using it. I don't see why there wouldn't be one for III.

Korin wrote:IV feels outdated. I can't get into it, it's not the graphics, it's how it is organized - it's not like in VII or VIII - my two favorite ROTK games.

Never played VII or VIII but yes I strongly disliked IV as well. Though to be fair, if you look at the games before and after, it's pretty clear it was a bridging game where they were introducing new ideas for the first time, which would later become staples, but kind of fell flat in IV. I mean they introduced officer skills (but there was an actual skill just to be able to search...), siege weapons, character creation got a lot more in-depth (but was still random enough that you could make a good general who ended up with the lowest possible bravery stat).

Plus the menu interface was sooooooooo slow. III had deep menus as well but didn't try to load up complex UIs every time you wanted to check rates or whatever. IV mid-game was beyond tedious.
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby DragonAtma » Mon May 20, 2013 5:29 pm

Since I was asked on gamefaqs, and since I had my own reasons for doing so, I present to you: the RoTK2 megamap!
http://imageshack.us/a/img28/9691/rotk2megamap.png

Also, we have the 41 individual battle maps:
http://imageshack.us/a/img59/576/rotk2battlemaps.png

Given their size (1,637,376 pixels, not counting spacing), they can't be img'd directly; sorry!
Unless I specifically say otherwise, assume I am talking about historical Three Kingdoms, and not the novel.

In memory of my beloved cats, Anastasia (9/30/06-9/18/17, illness) and Josephine (1/19/06-9/23/17, cancer).
DragonAtma
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Tao Qian » Sat May 25, 2013 7:16 pm

Awesome!

I always wanted to know if they really fitted together... :D

Thanks!
Tao Qian
Assistant

Unread postby leonn » Wed May 29, 2013 4:35 am

This is my first RTK game that lead me to get hooked with the new releases of the game. :D
leonn
Tyro

Unread postby Tao Qian » Wed May 29, 2013 9:32 pm

Me too, I still think that the battle system is awesome! It's a pity that in the new versions you cannot have this battles of 3 months sending more generals and supplies until the job is done...
Tao Qian
Assistant

Unread postby DragonAtma » Wed May 29, 2013 9:43 pm

Out of curiosity, has anyone else tried modding SNES RoTK2? I've attempted it, but there's an annoying bug: if I change forces and officers, it seems very easy to change many forces in the scenario into corrupted Liu Biao (126/8/109) and, in the first month, have a gibberish officer break everything.
Unless I specifically say otherwise, assume I am talking about historical Three Kingdoms, and not the novel.

In memory of my beloved cats, Anastasia (9/30/06-9/18/17, illness) and Josephine (1/19/06-9/23/17, cancer).
DragonAtma
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms