RotK 14 New Generals

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

RotK 14 New Generals

Unread postby Jebusrocks » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:58 am

This is a webapp that allows you to filter through a list of officers and see what their stats/traits/tactics/etc. are!

Main Site
https://rotk.herokuapp.com/

Site with the full List that can be filterable:

http://rotk.herokuapp.com/lists
The "Recent List" Filter allows you to see the generals added last.

NOTE:
This is hosted on a free hosting site so it will take some time to load the first time potentially
Sometimes you have to clear cache to see recent updates, use [Shift] + [F5] to see the most recentu pdates!
Last edited by Jebusrocks on Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:06 pm, edited 12 times in total.
It is curious that the Americans, who calculate so carefully on the possibilities of military victory, do not realize that in the process they are incurring deep psychological and political defeat.
User avatar
Jebusrocks
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 2525
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:22 am

Re: RotK New Generals

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:58 am

The first one is Jia Xin and Guo Nuwang's already been in a couple previous games (13 and PS2 version of 11).
User avatar
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 1389
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:14 am
Location: Germany

Re: RotK New Generals

Unread postby DaoLunOfShiji » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:06 pm

This tumblr covered a few of the new ones.
https://rotk14news.tumblr.com/
"To triumph without fighting is the greatest enterprise of the sovereign. Better to capture a state intact than to wreck it; better to capture an army complete than to destroy it. These are the principles of warfare."
— Zhong Hui
User avatar
DaoLunOfShiji
Langzhong
 
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:26 pm
Location: "A genius like Cao Zhi, as martial as Cao Cao."

Re: RotK New Generals

Unread postby Jebusrocks » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:19 pm

Lord_Cao_Cao wrote:The first one is Jia Xin and Guo Nuwang's already been in a couple previous games (13 and PS2 version of 11).


Thanks!! Updated

This tumblr covered a few of the new ones.
https://rotk14news.tumblr.com/


This helps a lot! I'm doing a playthrough with the Heroes (256 custom campaign) with no officer deaths so i can get a complete list and will update once done.
It is curious that the Americans, who calculate so carefully on the possibilities of military victory, do not realize that in the process they are incurring deep psychological and political defeat.
User avatar
Jebusrocks
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 2525
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:22 am

Re: RotK New Generals

Unread postby Death » Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:33 pm

Nice work, and thanks for this. I haven't tried 14 yet so I always like to see stuff like this and see who they added, even if I don't recognize most of their names anyways :mrgreen: Are there any unlockable characters from different eras like previous games? Ones like Xiang Yu, Lian Po, Ying Zheng, etc?
User avatar
Death
Changshi
 
Posts: 381
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:18 am
Location: Zanarkand

Re: RotK New Generals

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:12 am

Nice of Jiang Xu to return. Old-timers might remember him serving Cao Cao back in RTK3 as governor of Tianshui, where his loyalty was low enough that he could usually be recruited to steal his city away.
Xiahou Mao -- True Hero of the Three Kingdoms!
Pei Yuan Shao -- Sex Icon of the Three Kingdoms!
SimRTK
User avatar
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!
 
Posts: 1489
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2002 9:40 pm
Location: Oh so pretty

Re: RotK New Generals

Unread postby Jebusrocks » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:24 am

Death wrote:Nice work, and thanks for this. I haven't tried 14 yet so I always like to see stuff like this and see who they added, even if I don't recognize most of their names anyways :mrgreen: Are there any unlockable characters from different eras like previous games? Ones like Xiang Yu, Lian Po, Ying Zheng, etc?


They certainly do! Ill update those later! Eventually I'll go into more detail about them too.


Xiahou Mao wrote:Nice of Jiang Xu to return. Old-timers might remember him serving Cao Cao back in RTK3 as governor of Tianshui, where his loyalty was low enough that he could usually be recruited to steal his city away.

Did not realize he was in a previous game but will keep him cuz 3 was a long time ago.

Sorry guys, almost done my playthrough, have discovered 900ish generals and should be ready to post more!

For now, I've updated the top post with smaller images AND a new Vietnamese general! Pretty cool, must be the first time they added a vietnamese general? I'm hoping her brother is in the game too.

Here it is!

Lady Trieu
Image
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lady_Tri%E1%BB%87u
http://kongming.net/encyclopedia/Zhao-Yu

First Vietnamese to be added to RoTK?? Female general who, along with her brother rebelled against Wu. Pretty cool
Will ADD or DELETE more as I see them.
It is curious that the Americans, who calculate so carefully on the possibilities of military victory, do not realize that in the process they are incurring deep psychological and political defeat.
User avatar
Jebusrocks
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 2525
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:22 am

Re: RotK 14 New Generals

Unread postby Lorric » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:04 pm

Gray Riders mentioned how they added Wu Tugu's officers Tu An and Xi Ni in the other thread. Is that their first ROTK appearance?

Gray Riders wrote:The site doesn't sort officers by faction so it'll take a while to dig some of the normal officers from those factions up. I'll edit this post with some more later but for now I'll post Wutugu's guys:
XiNi: 50/67/3/1/15
*Stronger in forests
*Half damage but triple fire damage
*Cannot ignore enemies or retreat
*Extra damage from traps

TuAn: 52/63/2/2/17
*Stronger in forests
*Half damage but triple fire damage
*Cannot ignore enemies or retreat
*Confusion affects him longer

Unfortunately finding officers is sometimes tricky because some seem to have their names spelled differently on the Japanese sites then English ones. My main way is to check older games birth and death years to find people like Zhang He etc. which won't work to check for new officers.
Lorric
Academic
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:52 pm

Re: RotK 14 New Generals

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:08 am

I believe they were both in the last game as well.
User avatar
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 1389
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:14 am
Location: Germany

Re: RotK 14 New Generals

Unread postby Jebusrocks » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:32 pm

Lorric wrote:Gray Riders mentioned how they added Wu Tugu's officers Tu An and Xi Ni in the other thread. Is that their first ROTK appearance?

Gray Riders wrote:The site doesn't sort officers by faction so it'll take a while to dig some of the normal officers from those factions up. I'll edit this post with some more later but for now I'll post Wutugu's guys:
XiNi: 50/67/3/1/15
*Stronger in forests
*Half damage but triple fire damage
*Cannot ignore enemies or retreat
*Extra damage from traps

TuAn: 52/63/2/2/17
*Stronger in forests
*Half damage but triple fire damage
*Cannot ignore enemies or retreat
*Confusion affects him longer

Unfortunately finding officers is sometimes tricky because some seem to have their names spelled differently on the Japanese sites then English ones. My main way is to check older games birth and death years to find people like Zhang He etc. which won't work to check for new officers.


They were in XIII so won't add them. Ill add any generals that have no appeared since 2000 (VII) tho!

Added two new generals to the top page as well as stats. Gu Yong's son and grandson! No mention of them in the novels but Gu Yong was one of the most influential figures in Eastern Wu and its nice to see the family get some respect, despite their tragic ending
Gu Shao(Xiaozhe)
Image
http://kongming.net/encyclopedia/Gu-Shao
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gu_Shao

No mention in the the novels. Son of Gu Yong and thus leader of one of the four most influential house in Wu, along with the fact that his mother was Lu Kang's daughter I believe. Married Sun Ce's daughter. Famous for enlisting a lot of talented people to his service (and thus Wu).

Gu Cheng (Zizhi)
Image
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gu_Cheng_(Three_Kingdoms)

Gu Yong's grandson and Gu Shao's son, so they're fleshing out the Gu family finally. Again no mention in the novels, but very highly regarded by Sun Quan. Quite tragic story actually, was really promising as a general, served under Zhuge Ke to quell Shanyue tribes. He helped Quan Cong quell the Wei advances. Quan got jealous cuz Gu Cheng got more credit and essentially laid a bunch of false charges against him. The Gu brothers thus were exiled (not executed due to Gu Yong's service record) to Jiaozhi, modern day Hanoi.


EDIT: Found 1000 generals so far does anyone know the exact number of generals i nthe game? Is it exactly 1000?
It is curious that the Americans, who calculate so carefully on the possibilities of military victory, do not realize that in the process they are incurring deep psychological and political defeat.
User avatar
Jebusrocks
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 2525
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:22 am

Next

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Copyright © 2002–2008 Kongming’s Archives. All Rights Reserved