Romance of the Three Kingdoms 14 Announced

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms 14 Announced

Unread postby Gray Riders » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:18 am

Thanks for clarification. I knew there were two types of siege damage but the translation wasn't always clear what each affected.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lorric » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:00 pm

Great stuff Gray Riders! :)

A couple of questions, Did they give every officer at least one trait, and if not, roughly how many do you think don't have a trait? And how common is it to have more than one? I'm thinking about all those mediocre guys running around with stats in the 30s to 60s. I want to get a feel for how much has been put into personalizing these officers.
Lorric
Academic

Unread postby Gray Riders » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:13 pm

Lorric wrote:Great stuff Gray Riders! :)

A couple of questions, Did they give every officer at least one trait, and if not, roughly how many do you think don't have a trait? And how common is it to have more than one? I'm thinking about all those mediocre guys running around with stats in the 30s to 60s. I want to get a feel for how much has been put into personalizing these officers.

Looking over the list I don't see anyone without any traits.
More than one seems pretty common, I can't say for sure with over 1000 officers, but a quick pass over the list makes me think at least half of the officers have multiple traits? Hard to say because the list so so big.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lorric » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:18 pm

Gray Riders wrote:
Lorric wrote:Great stuff Gray Riders! :)

Looking over the list I don't see anyone without any traits.
More than one seems pretty common, I can't say for sure with over 1000 officers, but a quick pass over the list makes me think at least half of the officers have multiple traits? Hard to say because the list so so big.

Wow, that's really good! Considerably better than I expected.

Would you mind sharing some info on Nanman and Turban officers?
Lorric
Academic

Unread postby Gray Riders » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:11 pm

This new site is easier to use so I'll list stats, traits, and if the officer has a unique tactic (if I don't mention one they'll still have generic tactics, and officers know several so someone with a unique one still has some generic ones, too)

Zhang Jue: 94/30/91/85/98
*Each turn nearby friendly units heal injured troops (unique trait)
*Each turn enemy morale decreases (this seems to be a "sorcery" trait--the Zhangs and King Mulu have it)
*Fewer soldiers needed to occupy hexes
*Nearby friendly units are confused for less time
*When in a city injured troops and officers recover faster
Unique tactic: Nearby enemies suffer from all status effects, nearby friendly units heal wounded troops

He looks terrifying. :shock:

Zhang Bao: 82/84/74/57/82
*Each turn enemy morale decreases
*Unit defense increased
*Stats raise when on a prefecture
*Nearby enemies affected by confusion for longer

Zhang Liang: 88/76/86/71/86

MengHuo 80/87/42/45/80:
*Stronger in forests and jungle (this is a different trait from previously listed officers with this; it seems to be a Nanman only variant)
*Injured soldiers recover at the start of the turn (odd for him. Liu Bei, Taishi Ci, and who I think is Zhang He but the characters aren't checking out also have it)
*Resistant to sickness and injury
*Cannot ignore enemies or retreat
*Extra damage from traps
Unique tactic: Nearby enemies are damaged and lose morale (there seems to be several variants of this tactic with more or less power--Lu Bu has a super strong version)

ZhuRong 75/88/29/23/69:
*Stronger in forests and jungle
*Defeating nearby enemies raises morale
*Provocation affects them longer
Unique Tactic: Nearby enemies catch fire and lose morale

WuTugu 75/86/1/3/20:
*Takes half damage but triple from fire--two other Nanman have this; seems they added Wutugu's generals, XiNi and TuAn
*Abnormal condition affects them longer

Duosi 62/59/71/55/50:
*Immune to poison
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lorric » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:55 pm

Thank you again. :)

Would you mind doing some of the regular officers for those two factions? Also, if nothing else I'd like to know the stats on Tu An and Xi Ni. I made these two on ROTK XI and I also gave them Aegis and I'm curious to know what stats KOEI gave them:

I wonder if KOEI did the 1 INT thing for them as well as Wu Tugu.

For Nanman officers I'd be especially curious about any that aren't in ROTK XI. And King Mulu. Similarly for the Turbans, especially curious about any new ones not in ROTK XI. Here's my mob of created Turbans to wonder if any of these made it in:

And this last one is an extra one I made after my post in ROTK XI Discussion:

Lorric
Academic

Unread postby Gray Riders » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:40 pm

The site doesn't sort officers by faction so it'll take a while to dig some of the normal officers from those factions up. I'll edit this post with some more later but for now I'll post Wutugu's guys:
XiNi: 50/67/3/1/15
*Stronger in forests
*Half damage but triple fire damage
*Extra damage from traps

TuAn: 52/63/2/2/17
*Stronger in forests
*Half damage but triple fire damage
*Confusion affects him longer

Unfortunately finding officers is sometimes tricky because some seem to have their names spelled differently on the Japanese sites then English ones. My main way is to check older games birth and death years to find people like Zhang He etc. which won't work to check for new officers.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lorric » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:49 pm

Thanks. :)

You might at least be able to pick up some Turbans by searching the early death years then. I also have death years in some of my bios there.

I see KOEI did go with cripplingly low INT for those two guys and bad stats in general. I was much more generous to them. I figured KOEI would go lower than me but I didn't think it would be as bad as that.
Lorric
Academic

Unread postby Lorric » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:28 pm

Gray Riders wrote:This new site is easier to use so I'll list stats, traits, and if the officer has a unique tactic (if I don't mention one they'll still have generic tactics, and officers know several so someone with a unique one still has some generic ones, too)

Zhang Jue: 94/30/91/85/98
*Each turn nearby friendly units heal injured troops (unique trait)
*Each turn enemy morale decreases (this seems to be a "sorcery" trait--the Zhangs and King Mulu have it)
*Fewer soldiers needed to occupy hexes
*Nearby friendly units are confused for less time
Unique tactic: Nearby enemies suffer from all status effects, nearby friendly units heal wounded troops

He looks terrifying. :shock:

Zhang Bao: 82/84/74/57/82
*Unit defense increased
*Nearby enemies affected by confusion for longer

Zhang Liang: 88/76/86/71/86

MengHuo 80/87/42/45/80:
*Stronger in forests and jungle (this is a different trait from previously listed officers with this; it seems to be a Nanman only variant)
*Injured soldiers recover at the start of the turn (odd for him. Liu Bei, Taishi Ci, and who I think is Zhang He but the characters aren't checking out also have it)
*Extra damage from traps
Unique tactic: Nearby enemies are damaged and lose morale (there seems to be several variants of this tactic with more or less power--Lu Bu has a super strong version)

ZhuRong 75/88/29/23/69:
*Defeating nearby enemies raises morale
*Provocation affects them longer
Unique Tactic: Nearby enemies catch fire and lose morale

WuTugu 75/86/1/3/20:
*Takes half damage but triple from fire--two other Nanman have this; seems they added Wutugu's generals, XiNi and TuAn
*Abnormal condition affects them longer

Duosi 62/59/71/55/50:
*Immune to poison

About Zhang Jue, I like the idea of Jue being a monster. It could make for good gameplay, with that and backed up by the Turbans' numbers, he could be a nightmare to face on the battlefield. But then he dies of illness quickly so you have to weather the storm and then you can turn it around. Turbans go down too easily. It would be nice if they were an actual threat.

As for Zhang He, do the characters check out for Zhang Yue? He was called that in XI.

Really like what they're doing overall with the traits. I just hope it doesn't create broken situations in-game. The traits won't mean much if the AI doesn't factor them into what it does. At the very least I hope the AI knows to send out good units. It's infuriating in XI seeing Yuan Shao sending out weak officers with B and C rank troop types while his elites sit out the fighting.
Lorric
Academic

Unread postby Gray Riders » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:41 pm

Lorric wrote:About Zhang Jue, I like the idea of Jue being a monster. It could make for good gameplay, with that and backed up by the Turbans' numbers, he could be a nightmare to face on the battlefield. But then he dies of illness quickly so you have to weather the storm and then you can turn it around. Turbans go down too easily. It would be nice if they were an actual threat.

As for Zhang He, do the characters check out for Zhang Yue? He was called that in XI.

Really like what they're doing overall with the traits. I just hope it doesn't create broken situations in-game. The traits won't mean much if the AI doesn't factor them into what it does. At the very least I hope the AI knows to send out good units. It's infuriating in XI seeing Yuan Shao sending out weak officers with B and C rank troop types while his elites sit out the fighting.

I'm 99% sure it's Zhang He based off his stats, traits, and having a unique tactic (and I listed him as Zhang He on the previous page) but I might be wrong.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms