somebody please help! (ROT3K X question)

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

somebody please help! (ROT3K X question)

Unread postby Xu Huang fan » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:17 am

i unknownly locked myself into an alliance with gongsun zan, he only has two areas left but he's also the only person on the map, i didn't know i couldn't disband the alliance if things were like this andh e refuses to surrender, now what do i do to get myself out of this situration?
Xu Huang fan
Langzhong

Re: somebody please help! (ROT3K X question)

Unread postby PeanutButterToast » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:06 pm

Honestly, I'd just wait if out and build up your forces until just when the alliance ends. Then pounce.
PeanutButterToast
Initiate

Unread postby Xu Huang fan » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:19 am

PeanutButterToast wrote:Honestly, I'd just wait if out and build up your forces until just when the alliance ends. Then pounce.

when will it end?
Xu Huang fan
Langzhong

Unread postby Sakae Wu » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:46 am

There's no time limit on alliances. You should be able to use diplomacy + discard if you're a sovereign, or request it if you're a vassal.
If Zan is a dependent ally, then you can't discard alliances. You'll have to force them to surrender. Or, keep asking them to surrender until their relationship goes down enough and they drop the alliance themselves.
"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." -Confucius
Sakae Wu
Academic

Unread postby Xu Huang fan » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:40 pm

Sakae Wu wrote:There's no time limit on alliances. You should be able to use diplomacy + discard if you're a sovereign, or request it if you're a vassal.
If Zan is a dependent ally, then you can't discard alliances. You'll have to force them to surrender. Or, keep asking them to surrender until their relationship goes down enough and they drop the alliance themselves.

i'll try that out, thank you!
Xu Huang fan
Langzhong

Unread postby Xu Huang fan » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:26 pm

watch out everyone i'm fucking pissed and its time for a rant.

(insert cursing here edit), why on earth is gongsun zan still alive in 217? this (insert curse here) just don't die and its so painful to just keep waiting and waiting and waiting for him to die so i MIGHT be able to get a surrender out of his son, who i figure at this rate will die before him, because he just won't (insert curse here)die, its so annoying, its so bad, its so awful that i have to keep waiting for gongsun zan to die, when he won't fucking die almost 20 years past his experiation rate when i made everything historical, all because i had no fucking idea, i would not be a be able to break this alliance.

sadly i can't make this relatenship drop below friendly, no matter what i do, oh my god this is my least enjoyable experience with an RTK game, this should never have been designed like this.

the worst part is this could just be solved by gongsun zan dying like he's suppost too,but he's not and i've locked myself into either an unwinnable game, or a game thats just not worth actually clearing and just saying "eh i got close enough, i won"

you know how much it sucks seeing how many people join, leave, and die between the time its taken for this old (insert curse here) 70 year old gongsun zan to die? its unbearable and this feature should've never been designed like this.
Xu Huang fan
Langzhong

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms