English patch for the RTK XI Steam release.

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

English patch for the RTK XI Steam release.

Unread postby Oafah » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:08 pm

Hi folks,

Just curious if anyone's working on an updated patch for the Steam release of RTK XI? I know you can get a partial translation by copying the scenario files into the game directory from the old Cao Shang patch, but I was hoping for something a bit more complete.

If not, I'd be willing to put in the time and do it myself if someone could provide a starting point on how to do it.
Oafah
Tyro

Re: English patch for the RTK XI Steam release.

Unread postby Valvatorez » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:42 am

I don't have the puk version of the game or even use Steam lol, but could possibly help with editing actual messages in the game since I edited tons of the English version messages on the older pc release, and would guess that most of the files are at least somewhat similar if some of the old patch still works, however I doubt there will be much interest or help on this site at least since most people either don't play the game at all or moved on from it a long time ago.
Valvatorez
Scholar

Unread postby Aygor » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:27 pm

It would be awesome if a menu translation was available, as it is the game is barely playable unfortunately. Lezard translation is better than to use than Cao Shang's, as the limited information in english will be more understandable.
分久必合,合久必分
Ἀτύφως μὲν λαβεῖν, εὐλύτως δὲ ἀφεῖναι
Aygor
Langzhong

Unread postby chocoloko » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:35 am

Aygor wrote:It would be awesome if a menu translation was available, as it is the game is barely playable unfortunately. Lezard translation is better than to use than Cao Shang's, as the limited information in english will be more understandable.

Hi, I also came for answers, is there any menu translation available now?
chocoloko
Tyro

Unread postby Aygor » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:33 am

chocoloko wrote:
Aygor wrote:It would be awesome if a menu translation was available, as it is the game is barely playable unfortunately. Lezard translation is better than to use than Cao Shang's, as the limited information in english will be more understandable.

Hi, I also came for answers, is there any menu translation available now?

No, you can however use the media files from translation packs already available and paste them in place of the ones you get with steam. This way the bottom line description will be in english (http://kongming.net/11/english/).
I prefer Lezard's as these small pieces of information are clearer (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23889&hilit=lezard).
分久必合,合久必分
Ἀτύφως μὲν λαβεῖν, εὐλύτως δὲ ἀφεῖναι
Aygor
Langzhong

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms