Custom Scenarios and mods for ROTK 11

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Custom Scenarios and mods for ROTK 11

Unread postby polynikes » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:39 am

Hello,

I am a long time fan of ROTK 11. I just loved the battle system and the world map in which you could conquer. However, the game becomes very easy once you figure it out, even on the highest difficulty. Thus, I have been wondering if there were mods to this game to increase the difficulty or give it a refreshing change. I've been searching around and I have found some posts alluding to a custom scenario editor and other interesting mods. Is this true? Is there a simple way to change the game to add replayability? If so, could you please kindly show me how? I am a bit lost when it comes to modding a game, I would truly appreciate your help. Thank you.
polynikes
Tyro

Re: Custom Scenarios and mods for ROTK 11

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:44 pm

You can check out either Zetta's scenario randomizer or the X Series thread on here if all you want is something different. There are also some custom scenarios based on the Japanese edition of the game and so forth which may be of interest.

But the only way to really get a more challenging playing experience is to self-impose your own limitations; e.g., no "active" recruiting (you can only hire those who request to serve you basically), start as a poor force, no diplomacy, etc.
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Re: Custom Scenarios and mods for ROTK 11

Unread postby foosoomin » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:30 am

This thread to edit scenario file

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=22598

My thread on custom made scenarios

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/pc-ga ... 94439.html

Remember, this is for English standard game
foosoomin