An ROTK Playthrough with Forum Members

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: An ROTK Playthrough with Forum Members

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:11 am

I'll throw one of my characters into the mix that is slightly overpowered but mostly fits the mold.

Liu Ping
Face: Page 8, Column 1, 3 down
Model: Xiao Qiao
Birth: 176
Lifespan: 99
Close Friend: Ma Teng/your ruler character
Dislikes: Dong Zhuo
LDR 68 WAR 27 INT 95 POL 94 CHR 88 (total 372)
Growth Period: Normal
Maintain: Long
APTs: CBACAC
Skill: Agile Mind/Disconcertion/[strategy]
Character: Bold
Voice: Cool
Tone: Dignified
Court: Normal
Aspiration: Able

Bio [for your game]: Educated by her eldest brother, who served under He Jin. Due to her perceptiveness and talents, quickly rose through the political ranks, and was often involved with orchestrating sieges. Lived to the remarkable age of 99, although she had resigned from court life well before that.
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby CaTigeReptile » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:18 am

I'm so into this.

Name: Mao Hushe

Birth 161

Portrait:

Leadership: 81
War: 92
Intelligence: 60
Politics: 37
Charisma: 64

Spears:B
Pikes:B
Bows:A
Cavalry:B
Weapons:S
Navy:A

Skill: Capture

Character/voice:Bold
Tone: Barbarian
Court: Ignore
Aspiration: Military
Close Friend: Zhu Ling
Liked Officers: Sun Guan, Yan Rou, Gaotang Long, Chen Lan, Bao Long
Disliked Officers: Yu Fan

Bio: Zhu Ling's best and only friend, but doesn't even really like him that much.

thx
CaTigeReptile
Langzhong

Unread postby Bush Leagues » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:29 am

@Zyzyfer

Finally, someone else with politics! :lol:

I didn't have either of the skills you listen, so I went with Covert Plan, which improved your success rate against high INT units. I also don't have the unique models unlocked yet, so I went with red civilian outfit 1. If you have another you would prefer, for either model or skills, let me know.

@CaTigeReptile

So created!

Thanks to both of you for your time and effort.
Currently playing: Android: Netrunner LCG , Shadowrun (tabletop), and Warhammer Ancient Battle.

Pan Feng can destroy this Hua Xiong! A Han Fu ROTK IX After-Action Report.
One of the best posts ever about Pan Feng.
Bush Leagues
Scholar

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:00 am

I'm sure that model is fine. But instead of Covert Plan, is Cunning available? If not, Misinform? I have a feeling you'll thank me later if you change it :lol:

And yeah I saw a lot of warrior types being provided, so went with an officer of mine that would balance things out a bit.
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Bush Leagues » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:22 am

Yeah Cunning is there, I'll give it.

I never cared for Covert Plan either, but I already had a Cunning and was trying to avoid duplicate skills. But it's not a big deal at all.

And the model kinda looks like Xiao Qiao's. It's red civvie 1.
Currently playing: Android: Netrunner LCG , Shadowrun (tabletop), and Warhammer Ancient Battle.

Bush Leagues
Scholar

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:19 am

Well if you have a Cunning then give her Misinform or Blunder, they're handy.
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Bush Leagues » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:23 am

Cunning is useful enough to have on more than one person, so it's not a big deal.

Also I may not have Misinform or Blunder yet. I've only just got the game on PC, all the unlocked stuff is on my PS copy.
>_>

Bush Leagues
Scholar

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:18 pm

Dude I can probably upload the file you need to have that stuff auto-unlocked for you if you want. Then you just replace that and it's go time!
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Bush Leagues » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:47 pm

Thanks for the offer, but it's not like it's particularly hard. As I recall, you get most things from beating any scenario and then get all the things from beating Rise of Heroes, so a quick run-through of that with any major force would be easy enough. I just finished a playthrough of Sengoku Rance last night, so I'll just sit and do that. Be good to get a bit of practice in before the actual game for this, too.

As an aside for everyone else, I think I will try (no promises) to write the game up in a story format, kind of similar to the ROTK novel itself. Of course, I'll recap all the major game events that occurred as well, and try to include as many screenshots as I can manage (unfortunately, there's no "take screenshot" button that I know of, so it's just down to using "Print Screen" and pasting it into Paint and saving the file). My hope is by making it along the lines of a dramatic story, that it'll be less dry and more readable to everyone who doesn't play the game.

Hurricane (now Tropical Storm) Harvey will still be affecting me for the next few days; I'm not in east Texas, so I've escaped the fury those people got, but I am nearby and we've also got a lot of rain. Flooding has been not bad where I live, at least (kind of a low-lying area). So once all that finishes, we'll get started, and I'll start posting in a new thread.

Bush Leagues
Scholar

Unread postby Sakae Wu » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:23 am

Bush Leagues wrote:As an aside for everyone else, I think I will try (no promises) to write the game up in a story format, kind of similar to the ROTK novel itself. Of course, I'll recap all the major game events that occurred as well, and try to include as many screenshots as I can manage (unfortunately, there's no "take screenshot" button that I know of, so it's just down to using "Print Screen" and pasting it into Paint and saving the file). My hope is by making it along the lines of a dramatic story, that it'll be less dry and more readable to everyone who doesn't play the game.

Hurricane (now Tropical Storm) Harvey will still be affecting me for the next few days; I'm not in east Texas, so I've escaped the fury those people got, but I am nearby and we've also got a lot of rain. Flooding has been not bad where I live, at least (kind of a low-lying area). So once all that finishes, we'll get started, and I'll start posting in a new thread.

Sorry to hear about the storms and rainfall, hope you guys get some relief :(

Did you settle on a scenario?
The format sounds very interesting, I'll look forward to reading it(no hurry of course)
If you need more civil officer help, I can adjust my stats and up my Politics if necessary. Hopefully we can get some recruiting done early on to round things out somewhat.

It's your call, but you can just give cunning to Zyzyfer's brainiac character and I could use something like focus, augment or
Intensify? Maybe something to mix it up. I'm fine with anything though.

Stay dry out there!
Sakae Wu
Initiate

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms