An ROTK Playthrough with Forum Members

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: An ROTK Playthrough with Forum Members

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:07 am

I meant they can be recruited outright :pika:
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Bush Leagues » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:23 am

Well, I've never seen someone with 100 loyalty get recruited outside of sworn siblings, and maybe marriages. Even kin outside of these relationships seem to fail; is that something that can happen with just liked officers?

Well, I decided to actually test it. I put an officer (Sun Xia, who has lots of liked officers in Sun Ce's force) right next door to them, rewarded her loyalty to get it up high enough, and then sent her liked officers to employ her. But no dice. No one got her to defect and no debates to convince her either. So I think as long as the loyalty is decently high, it should be OK.

EDIT: Loyalty around 93-95 seems to be the break point where they can no longer be convinced.
Currently playing: Android: Netrunner LCG , Shadowrun (tabletop), and Warhammer Ancient Battle.

Pan Feng can destroy this Hua Xiong! A Han Fu ROTK IX After-Action Report.
One of the best posts ever about Pan Feng.
Bush Leagues
Scholar

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:56 am

In my experience the general cut-off is 95, and I'm not sure what happened in my case if you couldn't get it to work, but that's good news. :wink:
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Bush Leagues » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:57 am

Zyzyfer wrote:In my experience the general cut-off is 95, and I'm not sure what happened in my case if you couldn't get it to work, but that's good news. :wink:

Maybe if they also serve a disliked officer, that might push it over the edge. I don't know if Koei thought of that or not.
Currently playing: Android: Netrunner LCG , Shadowrun (tabletop), and Warhammer Ancient Battle.

Bush Leagues
Scholar

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:02 am

Without boring everyone with too many details, what happened with me was my ruler's nephew liked Ma Chao, and Ma Chao was like "That's cool, come serve us!" and the nephew was like "Later Uncle Liu!" Come to think of it, Ma Chao may have been the ruler, which is why it was possible. Anyway, I withdraw my concerns about that issue, haha.

The only way to get someone to serve one of their disliked officers is through a force surrender or sworn sibling recruitment, but as long as loyalty is kept high enough in the first case, it seems irrelevant after that.
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Bush Leagues » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:28 am

Zyzyfer wrote:but as long as loyalty is kept high enough in the first case, it seems irrelevant after that.

This has been my experience for most ROTK games. The one exception was in 8, where officers seem to be WAY too eager to flip just because they've been captured (not even force destroyed, just captured in a run-of-the-mill battle). 100 LOY doesn't even matter in that game.

Bush Leagues
Scholar

Unread postby Bush Leagues » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:22 am

All -

Game and story thread is up. Please try there for further talking about the story itself or the game.

Prologue Part 1 is now up and visible to all. Hope you enjoy.

Link to thread - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24194

Bush Leagues
Scholar

Previous

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms