ROTK XI Hex Edit Officer Duel Weaponry

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

ROTK XI Hex Edit Officer Duel Weaponry

Unread postby Lord Yang Jiahua » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:53 pm

Its been 4 years or so and im not so bad with the face editors and such things for XI.

My hex isn't so bad either and iv'e managed to keep some model making skills.

However, i can't seem to properly code in a way for a character i make to have say Red Hare and Sky Scorcher as their default in duel weapons.

I'm specifically looking for the exact hex number, so I know that numbers 44 thru 4b in a created officer's data code for his model numbers. Helmets, capes etc.
Specfically in an exported created officer data file so for instance YangJiahua.s11 is mine.
Now those lines i mentioned are consistent in the file, but i can't figure out which exact hex lines after that are for the particular mount in a duel, and weapon in a duel.
Hopefully this is enough info for someone to help me with.

Granted also, much of my created characters and models are indeed 4 years old, its amazing how long XI has sat on my computer.
"We Will Show Wu The Meaning of Fear!"-Cao Cao in DW6
"Politicians Are all the same all over, They Promise to build a bridge even when theres no river"-Nikita Khrushchev
Lord Yang Jiahua
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Re: ROTK XI Hex Edit Officer Duel Weaponry

Unread postby Valvatorez » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:57 am

So from my experience with this, you'll want to edit the weapons and mount AFTER you're done with everything else, as for me at least, even going back into the create a character screen in game caused all model edits to reset back to normal, so I always edit the weapons and mount last. Not sure the exact numbers either since they show up differently in my editor, but here's the last line of one of my created characters, starting with the model byte, which you already know of:

74 74 74 74 74 74 FF FF FF FF FF FF D8 00 00 00

Now if I change that to this:

74 74 74 74 74 74 FF FF FF 03 02 FF D8 00 00 00

He should have Crescent Halberd and Hex Mark now. This is just going from memory and I didn't have a chance to test it out, so please let me know if I'm wrong :lol:

So where I changed the 03 is the weapon byte and the 02 is where the mount byte should be.

Weapons-
00 - Normal Spear
01- Blue Dragon (Guan Yu's weapon)
02- Serpent Spear (Zhang Fei's weapon)
03- Crescent Halberd (Lu Bu's weapon)
04- Arrow (Never tried this one)
05- Feather Fan (Zhuge Liang's weapon, never tried this either)

Mounts-
00- Normal horse
01- Red Hare
02- Hex Mark
03- Shadow Runner
04- Gray Lightning
05- Firestar
Valvatorez
Assistant

Unread postby Lord Yang Jiahua » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:22 am

Im gonna say thats 74 which is a male military generic model, without bows, First FF,
skip two ffs and thats where 03 and 02 should be placed. Ah, i see why they didn't show in game :
Valvatorez wrote:even going back into the create a character screen in game caused all model edits to reset back to normal,

Have to do this in the MakeData file then, cuz i got the placement right but i did not know this above.

In fact if u change the character models it should be fine, the 74's, should even appear in the model screen, but i think you are right on it reverting back the weaponry. An old editor i have allows you to do this on regular in scenario/in game characters, but not created characters.
Thanks Val.

EDIT:
Still didnt work unfortunately whether in makedata or that exported character file. I must be missing something about this, wheres Zyzyfer when u want him....
"Politicians Are all the same all over, They Promise to build a bridge even when theres no river"-Nikita Khrushchev
Lord Yang Jiahua
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Valvatorez » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:00 am

I used an old version of my MakeData that didn't have those edits and tried it, and the models changed, and then even tried it with a save file and edited and it worked again. Are you sure that after you save the edit, that it's actually not reverting back to the default setting? I'm not sure why it's not working for you, since that seems to work fine for me.

Edit: Added a pic from the Scenario guide, and again, those 2 numbers should be what you need to change.

If you go backwards from my example, 74 74 74 74 74 74 FF FF FF 03 02 FF D8 00 00 00

The last 3 00 are unknown, Guile Cards would be D8, then age portrait changes is FF, then right before that is the 02 for horse and 03 for weapon, so hopefully you can get it to work.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (88.54 KiB) Viewed 907 times
Valvatorez
Assistant

Unread postby Lord Yang Jiahua » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:55 am

Oddly enough it worked when i did it in the save file.
I'd like to say this was inconsequential of me editing it also in the MakeData file but i could be wrong.
For some reason when it loaded up the New Game it overwrote it.

Least now, i can edit it into the save file without a fault.
Lord Yang Jiahua
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Valvatorez » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:34 am

I'm glad you were able to get it to work somewhat at least.
You should still test out editing the MakeData though, so you won't have to edit them every single time you start a new game, since for my file, I can start a new game and have the weapon and mounts stay edited, as long as I don't actually go into the create a character screen like I said above. Would making your file Read Only, or something like that, after you edit it prevent the game from changing it on its own? Well either way, at least you know how to change them now :)
Valvatorez
Assistant

Unread postby Lord Yang Jiahua » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:55 am

:D

Weird fluke of all things i guess.
Edited a ton of my characters and then dispatched them all in a new game, and voila they all had the proper duel weapons that i had hexed them to have!
Either i didn't save that properly, or because it was a outputed character file that i reloaded it didn't take.
Nevermind that now, as my super men can now ride in on Ferghana steeds with their trademark Halberds and bash Lu Bu and company.
All in the makedata file and without making it read only or something like that.

Its good to be back in the spirit of ROTK XI modding, now if only the forum would in general pick up, seems quite dead, even without the general bad event today capturing everyones attentions.
Lord Yang Jiahua
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:24 am

Lord Yang Jiahua wrote:Still didnt work unfortunately whether in makedata or that exported character file. I must be missing something about this, wheres Zyzyfer when u want him....

Sorry I'm trying to be a little low-key these days, it's embarrassing seeing myself as the most recent poster in several forums. :lol:

But seriously...model editing was never my forte, the other modders know much more than myself. Hell, I think you are more knowledgeable about it than me at this point. :lol:

And welcome back!
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lord Yang Jiahua » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:25 am

Eh, Now i see what it is...

Everytime i create a new character, it overrides the weaponry in the makedata file.
So now i have to edit it, entirely and last after creating everybody. Though it doesn't do this with the character's physical in-game model(armor helm etc).
Lord Yang Jiahua
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms