Sangokushi 11 with PUK - Lezard's Translation

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Sangokushi 11 with PUK - Lezard's Translation

Unread postby Lezard Valeth » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:16 am

// About
----------------------------------------------
This is a patch for "Sangokushi 11 with Power-Up Kit" (三國志11 with パワーアップキット) by Koei.
By applying it, you'll be updating your installation to 1.1.1.0 (official patches) and translating it to english (Lezard's translation) at the same time.

// Installation
- You must have PUK already installed in order to use this.
- Just copy-paste it into the game directory (you're advised to backup your original files first).
- It can be applied over the chinese version, but bear in mind that by doing so you're converting it to japanese 1.1.1.0 so SIRE won't work anymore.
- You can use old scenarios (Scen0XX.s11) from other translators, but you're advised NOT to replace any other files. But if you wish, you can make changes yourself using San11Editor.

- San11Editor:
Forum: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23801
Original: http://pigspy.ys168.com/
Translation: http://ulozto.net/xRuGZoXT/san11editor-eng-exe

// Translation
- Executable (San11PK.exe) by Lezard using ezystyles 1.5 (1.0.0.0) as a starting point
- Scenario.s11 by Lezard
- Scenarios (Scen0XX.s11) by Lezard (possibly using something from Nikhi Rath or DreamGoddessLindsey — frankly don't remember) *
- Messages (S11MSG0X.s11) by Lezard (Note: S11MSG02.s11 not yet translated)
- Script (TS00000X.s11 and TS0000XX.s11) by Lezard
* Scen014.s11 and Scen015.s11 were PS2 with PUK exclusive, they've been extracted, converted and translated by Lezard. Movies for them extracted and converted by Lezard (movie018.mpg and movie019.mpg).

// Complaint
Let me put it straight: this patch is the result of WORK done by me and few predecessors. It should be PAID by the people who use it, YOU for that matter. But instead we're sharing it for FREE, for several reasons. Still, you OWE us and although you're not obliged to express gratitude, you MUST show some RESPECT.

Personally, I think saying 'thanks', although nice and polite, won't pay my bills nor help me see cool stuff that I can enjoy done. So if you really like it and would like to see it improved or more/better projects carried over, please, give useful/constructive feedback and/or better yet: lend a hand. We need more doers and that would be appreciated.

I shouldn't have to say any of this, but this forum have plenty of useless jerks like fasterfind, Liang Ye, Lian_Po, etc. I'm sure these assholes will download the patch, which makes me think twice before sharing anything. Actually, I even think about retiring the account completely. Heck, having to deal with this shit and not getting any kind of help, not even small favors like this. What's the point then?

Download:
http://ulozto.net/xWb4KQ5Y/lezard-1-1-1-0-1st-release-march-2016-7z
Updates:
Scenario.s11 - Fixed the R&D research tree and Wuwei
S11MSG00.s11 - Fixed by LCC
S11MSG01.s11 - Fixed by LCC, version 2
S11MSG02.s11
Scenarios 0 to 8 and 10 with force descriptions by Gray Riders (not working)

To Do List:
- Translating the quiz on exe (probably won't be done)
- Translating S11MSG02.s11 (Nobody)
- Fixing encyclopedia on exe (probably won't be done)
- Fixing MSGs (Done?)
- Translating PUK part of MSGs (Jink and LCC doing it)
- Fixing mistakes on Scenario.s11 regarding the R&D research tree and Wuwei
- Translating each force description on scenarios
- Translating PUK part of force descriptions (may be done)
- Some san11pkres.bin images could be replaced (probably won't be done - I've made the pictures, but failed inserting them)
Last edited by Lezard Valeth on Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:18 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Lezard Valeth
Assistant

Re: Sangokushi 11 with PUK - Lezard's Translation

Unread postby Chiang Tzu-Ya » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:33 pm

Thank you for the work. It's not for my version but still you put a lot of time into it and deserve note for it.
Chiang Tzu-Ya
Apprentice

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:46 pm

Seems to be the most complete and also accurate version so far, no?
I appreciate the effort you've put into this, I know how time consuming all of this is and you do have my respect for going through with it. I see you're using certain patters for the names, which works I guess. If I may make a small suggestion, it'd be about the city names. It would be more correct to not write BeiPing for example, but rather Beiping (Chang'an and Yong'an would have an apostrophe additionally. Also, you can remove the "Port" suffix, Koei tends to remove these for overseas releases). Also, Wuwan should be Wuwei, I think that's a mistake that's been there since Cao Shang's very first patch.

It's also very nice of you to have included the PS2 scenarios. That's also a novelty.
Finally, I didn't know you've done a translation of Van's Editor. Props for that.
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lezard Valeth » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:56 am

Chiang Tzu-Ya - You're welcome.

LCC - Yes, it is (despite still being incomplete and inaccurate). City names were copy-pasted from Nikhi Rath patch as I deemed them a non-priority. I'll fix Wuwei on a next release, but I wouldn't know the correct spelling of all other bases and I'm not totally convinced it's a good idea to correct them as they're misspelled on english version (and are still a non-priority ... ). I like the suffixes as they make life a bit easier, specially for new players, and removing them won't solve the problem of names invading other columns anyway (I thought about it before).
Lezard Valeth
Assistant

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:08 am

Koei "misspelled" them in many games, but they've been using the correct spellings for the latest Dynasty Warriors games at least. But I understand that you're not giving them a high priority, it's not like they're utterly wrong after all (except for Wuwei I suppose).
You've got a point with the suffixes. It doesn't concern me anyway as I'm using my own scenario files that keep the Chinese names for officers, items and cities (I'd like to learn them a bit that way to be precise).

Well, do you have a list of things that still has to be done? Aside from S11MSG02.s11, which should be pretty much only biographies IIRC. I wanted to suggest using the Japanese reading fields to fully spell out the officer names, but I see you've already done that as well. :lol:
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lezard Valeth » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:42 am

You've got a point with the suffixes. It doesn't concern me anyway as I'm using my own scenario files that keep the Chinese names for officers, items and cities (I'd like to learn them a bit that way to be precise).

Cities are on the scenario file, where I did a small workaround. Unless you want to learn original skill names too, you should copy-paste the skills block from my translation into your file. Sure it isn't a big issue, but can be solved in a single copy-paste.

Well, do you have a list of things that still has to be done?

Not really, but from top of my head:
- Translating the quiz on exe (which will never be done)
- Translating S11MSG02.s11 (if I'm on my own ... maybe next year?)
- Fixing encyclopedia on exe (depends on S11MSG02.s11)
- Fixing MSGs (probably will never be done)
- Translating PUK part of MSGs (which will never be done)
- Fixing mistakes on Scenario.s11 regarding the R&D research tree and Wuwei (should be easy to do)
- Translating each force description on scenarios (which will never be done)
- Some san11pkres.bin images could be replaced (but will never happen either)
Lezard Valeth
Assistant

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:00 am

Lezard Valeth wrote:

Cities are on the scenario file, where I did a small workaround. Unless you want to learn original skill names too, you should copy-paste the skills block from my translation into your file. Sure it isn't a big issue, but can be solved in a single copy-paste.

I know, I included the basic scenario.s11 file when I was talking about them, I've already finished it some weeks ago.

Well, do you have a list of things that still has to be done?

Not really, but from top of my head:
- Translating the quiz on exe (which will never be done)
- Translating S11MSG02.s11 (if I'm on my own ... maybe next year?)
- Fixing encyclopedia on exe (depends on S11MSG02.s11)
- Fixing MSGs (probably will never be done)
- Translating PUK part of MSGs (which will never be done)
- Fixing mistakes on Scenario.s11 regarding the R&D research tree and Wuwei (should be easy to do)
- Translating each force description on scenarios (which will never be done)
- Some san11pkres.bin images could be replaced (but will never happen either)

Did you retranslate the MSG files from scratch or did you use Cao Shang's as a base? The latter (accidently?) deleted quite a few of the messages.
I think I once started redoing the PUK stuff. I really don't want to promise anything, since if I'm doing something on the game, it's usually continuing my scenario setups by adding officers, but if I ever get around doing some work on either of these points, I'll be sure to send them to you. I'd have to work my way into it again though, I don't quite remember what all of these parts in [] mean for example (I think it was both coloring and pasting names from other files into the position...).
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lezard Valeth » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:46 pm

Translated from scratch: english version and vanilla japanese 1.3.3.0 have the same amount of messages, these are supposedly in the same order and equivalent; so I've compared jap puk 1.1.1.0 with jap 1.3.3.0 (these differ in amount and order) then pasted the english messages over the corresponding messages in jap puk 1.1.1.0. And that's about it, I haven't tried fixing the pasted english messages and ignored previous translations completely (I doubt anything there is of use).

It would be great having someone fix the messages. If you do decide to give it a try, you'll need the original japanese files, so let me know if want me to upload them when you make up your mind.
Lezard Valeth
Assistant

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:32 pm

I have the original files, backed pretty much everything up before doing anything. ;)

I guess missing messages won't be a problem then...
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lezard Valeth » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:17 pm

I see, but the update patch to 1.1.1.0 changed something on 2 of the MSG files if I remember right (MD5 changed). I don't know what changed, but it would be a good idea to use the fully updated thing, same I've overwritten, and avoid headaches.
Lezard Valeth
Assistant

Next

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms