Sangokushi 11 with PUK - Lezard's Translation

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: Sangokushi 11 with PUK - Lezard's Translation

Unread postby Jink640 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:13 am

That list would help, but I don't think screenshots are necessary. I did mess around with that event and it seems that the editor wasn't exactly made for the Japanese version. As you can see in the screenshots, だ seems to not be written in the editor. I believe that 0x00 is a space and that 0x43 and 0x8E are both used to create だ through double-byte text encoding. Here are the screenshots. http://imgur.com/a/thSRy
Jink640
Tyro

Unread postby Lezard Valeth » Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:15 am

I don't think the problem is the editor since my hexeditor fails to read these bytes too (tried Shift-JIS, GBK and Big5).

How was the original message in Japanese? Can you take shot?

だ should be 0x82 0xBE not 0x43 0x8E. Can you try adding 0x82 0xBE anywhere to test it?

Also, I don't think there's any space (it should be 0x20 not 0x00), can you replace the japanese "?" with the western "?" ?

For now I believe everything is working as expected, those four bytes (in brackets) are pointing somewhere and the game is showing what it found there (だ). I don't think they're text bytes. If so, all you have to do is replace the question marks and add an space after "mean", then move on to the next message (the だ is somewhere else and will eventually be dealt with).

Lord_Cao_Cao wrote:(...) I'd rather remove them from the messages and replace them with text (...)

I don't think that's a good idea at all since most of them are references (hence variable text).

-------------------
EDIT:
Just learned that だ is a copula and probably it was made variable in order to allow other terminations like the polite です. So I think I was right on the technical part, but not on the translation part (I wasn't expecting such subtleties). So it's probably a good idea to just delete these 4 bytes and turn it into bracketless message (now I think I understood what LCC was talking about — not all the references are meaningful like names, amounts, etc).

Happy Easter Everyone!
Lezard Valeth
Assistant

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:26 am

Lezard Valeth wrote:EDIT:
Just learned that だ is a copula and probably it was made variable in order to allow other terminations like the polite です. So I think I was right on the technical part, but not on the translation part (I wasn't expecting such subtleties). So it's probably a good idea to just delete these 4 bytes and turn it into bracketless message (now I think I understood what LCC was talking about — not all the references are meaningful like names, amounts, etc).

Happy Easter Everyone!

That's exactly what I was talking about. They refer to parts in S11MSG00.s11. The English version changed most of these to "you", "I", etc., so that's why I thought we could just replace them (these were also the parts that made me back off from the events by the way). Of course we should leave all others.

I'll do a list then.

EDIT:
Msg3282 ~ 3305 | Dong Zhuo moves the capital to Chang'an
Msg3306 ~ 3309 | Anti-Dong Zhuo alliance collapses
Msg3310 ~ 3320 | Guo Jia employs Liu Ye
Msg3321 ~ 3334 | Liu Ye employs Man Chong & Lu Qian
Msg3335 ~ 3358 | Zhou Yu employs Lu Su
Msg3359 ~ 3373 | Lu Su employs Zhuge Jin
Msg3374 ~ 3387 | Zhang Hong employs Gu Yong
Msg3388 ~ 3403 | Murder of Cao Song
Msg3404 ~ 3435 | Xuzhou is entrusted to Liu Bei
Msg3436 ~ 3448 | Cao Cao moves the capital to Xuchang
Msg3449 ~ 3472 | Jade Girdle Plot
Msg3473 ~ 3492 | Death of Yuan Shao
Msg3493 ~ 3518 | Xu Shu leaves Liu Bei
Msg3519 ~ 3562 | Death of Liu Biao
Msg3563 ~ 3590 | Sun-Liu alliance
Msg3591 ~ 3623 | Cao Cao becomes Duke of Wei
Msg3624 ~ 3634 | Cao Cao becomes King of Wei
Msg3635 ~ 3646 | Chen Qun's Nine Rank system
Msg3647 ~ 3690 | Pang Tong being lazy and drunk
Msg3691 ~ 3708 | Guan Yu asks Zhuge Liang about Ma Chao
Msg3709 ~ 3717 | Mt. Taishan

Afterwards, there are some generic events that I'm having difficulties with. They're those random events like Zuo Ci requesting food, volunteer soldiers joining the army or an officer being praised and getting his deeds increased. I can't say for sure where each of them starts though.
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Gray Riders » Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:29 pm

Here's the translations for the force descriptions. Doesn't have 203 or the fictional scenarios (yet, anyways). Some of them were a pain and came out a little awkward thanks to the character limit.

EDIT: Scrubbed for potential virus
Last edited by Gray Riders on Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lezard Valeth » Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:13 pm

Gray Riders, could you upload somewhere else? TinyUpload seems to have inserted a virus into your file.
Lezard Valeth
Assistant

Unread postby Gray Riders » Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:28 pm

Lezard Valeth wrote:Gray Riders, could you upload somewhere else? TinyUpload seems to have inserted a virus into your file.

Ugh, everything I checked said the site was safe.

Give me a few hours, then. Just to be perfectly safe I'm going to do a full scan on my PC.

ED:
http://www.megafileupload.com/nali/Scen ... lation.zip
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:46 pm

I'm still fixing the pointers in MSG01, but I've noticed something else. Is there any reason why messages 170-175 or 203/204 don't have any content? They do in 1.1.1.0, but as I said they don't in the translation.
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lezard Valeth » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:07 pm

Probably their counterparts on english version were blank, so I've made these blank too. Now, whether that's the best approach is another story ...

Jink640 disappeared???
Lezard Valeth
Assistant

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:15 pm

I see. They might refer to actions that were removed from the game or so, some of them are about seizing money/food from the people (things like "You can't levy more money or food", etc.). At least I wouldn't know of these actions being possible. :lol:

Good, here's another update for S11MSG01.s11. Most, if not all, messed up bracket pointers should be fixed. I skipped many of them when I went through it for the first time because the messages contained a few words and I didn't think they mattered (I only realized that later, but didn't go back to change them). Also, some of these pointers were "hidden" between dialogue lines (especially in some duel messages it seemed), so I missed them as well. But now they should be taken care of. The file also includes the bits of the R&D stuff I've translated, but it's not finished obviously.

It's 11 pm here, so I couldn't test it (too tired). If anything's wrong, tell me.
Attachments
S11MSG01.zip
(141.38 KiB) Downloaded 409 times
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms