Sangokushi 11 with PUK - Lezard's Translation

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: Sangokushi 11 with PUK - Lezard's Translation

Unread postby DL01 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:40 am

Oh it is just translation of a few scenario? I can totally do that. I remember the scenario and they are not all that lengthy.

Problem is, is that a Vietnamese forum? I definitely don't know how to read that and I don't know how to sign up to that forum. Which appears to be a requirement before you can download. Can you upload those files here or anywhere else?
DL01
Tyro

Unread postby Lezard Valeth » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:53 am

No, there's a lot more than scenario files. The most important things to be translated are messages inside "S11MSG##.s11" files.

Sorry, I forgot that, anyway those files aren't important. They just prove that it doesn't matter whether you translate from chinese or japanese, the progress can be applied to both versions.
Lezard Valeth
Assistant

Unread postby DL01 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:11 pm

Alright I will take it on. I will try and figure out how to open the file and rewrite them properly with English.
DL01
Tyro

Unread postby MoldyHay » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:30 pm

Hi, been following this project for a while. I have average coding skills but from what I have observed over the years is that most of the files and exe of ROTK XI have been mapped (don't know if this information is lost) from game cheats, different translations etc. What's stopping someone from using the English EXE translations? Why are you only changing unicode hex bytes? Is KOEI a vicious Japanese firm? A simple dll injection or maybe extending the exe file for intermediate code caving to increasing amount of messages shouldn't be hard on the Japanese version. Hell, maybe a couple graphic designers to create new in-game panels to accommodate the space of English language?

I wouldn't see the difficulty of importing new 2D designs since we already have an assest viewer.
Shouldn't we also be able to increase the amount of character every scenario by changing the engines limitations.( That might get tricky)
MoldyHay
Tyro

Previous

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms