Windows 10 Pro with RTK XI

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: Windows 10 Pro with RTK XI

Unread postby squall leonhart » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:59 am

With every new windows Microsoft mess up the things even more!
Long live Windows XP! :lol:
squall leonhart
Initiate

Unread postby heirtothestar » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:55 pm

I perform a new clean install win 8.1 >> win 10 but still can't run the game...... :cry:
heirtothestar
Tyro

Unread postby Teh Zhuge » Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:55 am

I still can't get the PUK to work, no matter what methods I try, including compatibility mode. If anyone could confirm that they could get the PUK working on Win 10, and if they have Home or Pro version, that would be a big help, since then at least I could know it's possible to get it working on Win 10. Note that I have gotten the regular version in English working, just not the PUK, with or without translation.
Teh Zhuge
Tyro

Unread postby heirtothestar » Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:46 pm

mine is jp + puk + translation patch.....have been try jp, jp + puk and jp + puk + translation patch, even with compatibility set to xp sp3, the results are the same

whyyyyyyyyyyyy :cry: :cry: :cry:
heirtothestar
Tyro

Unread postby Teh Zhuge » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:08 am

heirtothestar, it looks like we have the same problem; I too am using the JP+PUK+translation patch. And I also can't get any of the three to work, whether it's the JP, or the JUP+PUK, or with the patch applied as well. And I have Win 10 Pro like you.

When you do compatibility mode for 95, 98, ME, and XP, does it still show that error message? For me, Windows asks me if I want to allow the program to make changes to the comp, and I say yes, and then nothing happens. But for Vista, 7, 8, or 10, I get the error msg. Is this your experience as well? Or are you getting the error msg even with compatibility set to XP or an earlier version to XP?
Teh Zhuge
Tyro

Unread postby Teh Zhuge » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:36 pm

Well, I think I pinpointed the problem, at least. It just came out all over the net about three days ago that as of Windows 10, Securom and SafeDisc DRM are no longer supported. Checking my event logs, two error reports come up explaining that the SecDrv service, and the file SECDRV.SYS (the SafeDisc driver) do not load because they are blocked. According to at least one of the articles I read, this is because the driver no longer has a valid certificate to allow it to run.

Various articles suggest that one workaround is to apply a no-CD crack. However, I have already applied the no-CD crack, and it doesn't seem to work. So either a new no-CD crack needs to be developed, or something else needs to be worked out.

One might have expected compatibility mode to work then, but it doesn't. This must mean that Microsoft's claim to end supporting it due to security concerns also means that these unsupported DRM cannot be allowed to run, even in compatibility mode.

heirtothestar, I'm not sure what to do. One possibility is to look into cd copy protection utilities. The SafeDisc version used for the PUK is version 4.0.60.0, so you will need something that can handle that version. I myself might get into it, and if so then I will let you know what, if any, progress I make. I am not very hopeful though, because it seems odd that the popular no-CD crack doesn't work, so I wonder whether another one could even fix the issue.

The other possibility is to simply have an earlier version of Windows available. Since you have Win 10 Pro, then you can use Hyper V, if you enable virtual machine emulation in your bios (if your motherboard supports it), and then install an earlier version of Windows as a virtual machine. I might try this if I can't get a working no-CD crack. Or you could just install it side-by-side with your Win 10, making your computer have a dual-boot system.
Teh Zhuge
Tyro

Unread postby Teh Zhuge » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:39 pm

Alright, update, and no more posts in a row, I swear! :)

Tried looking into the copy protection utilities, and decided I am incompetent to deal with that...plus I'm not strongly inclined to work with that kind of thing.

Tried Hyper-V on Win 10. Found out, after weeks of aggravation, that Hyper-V on Win 10 Pro cannot support DirectX, which means it can't support playing RTK. For Hyper-V to offer that support, one needs to have one of the Windows server OS'es. It also might need at least an i7 processor, and possibly needs the Win 8 Enterprise as the VM guest OS. Yeah, none of that's going to happen for me.

My solution: Downloaded and installed VirtualBox. It's free virtualware, supports DirectX if you read the relatively simple documentation to figure out how to do that, and it WORKS! Got a copy of Win 7 working on it, a copy I bought to try working with Hyper-V before I found out it couldn't work out.

VirtualBox will work for any Win OS that can play the PUK. Alternatively, one might get something like the Ubuntu OS for free and set it up on VirtualBox, set up the Wine program on Ubuntu, and play it that way; RTK is supposed to be supported very well in Wine, and I've played the PUK on it before.

Or, you could just set up a dual-boot on your computer, and load up the OS that supports RTK PUK whenever you want to play. But that's kind of a hassle since you won't be able to use Win 10 at all while playing the game. So I suggest going with VirtualBox, it's very easy to work with, and you can still do stuff on Win 10. Then again, I trade save files back and forth over the net with a friend or two to take turns, so I like to be able to do things while it's not my turn. If you don't have such an arrangement, maybe dual-boot would be easier.
Teh Zhuge
Tyro

Unread postby heirtothestar » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:50 am

C-C-C-C-Combo Breaker!

NVM. Both dual-boot OS system and VirtualBox are considered inconvenience for me. Thx for ur information, Teh Zhuge.
I'm looking forward to NOBUNAGA'S AMBITION: Sphere of Influence which is available on STEAM now.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/392470
heirtothestar
Tyro

Unread postby heirtothestar » Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:48 am

Oh god my workplace pcs those are running with windows 7 suddenly unable to run ROTK XI with this pop-up message.....whyyyyyy

heirtothestar wrote:Mine has no any error message. The game just dont start, no game window pop-up like usual....

edited : It has error message now...
heirtothestar
Tyro

Unread postby J-oKeR » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:54 am

Thanks to Heirtothestar and Teh Zhuge.
Both of your information here help me much.
i just try out rtkxii just to find out how much more fun rtkxi is.
When i try to get back to play xi the problem occur just as this post describe.
i realize from Teh Zhuge and much appreciate as your information pin point me to know that this is windows issues.
The problem happen when my windows 7 update week ago.
So what i did is roll back the update about a week ago and turn off the update and the game can run as normal.
i dont know what would happen to my windows when i done this but i'll just keep it this way.

After all, this is what i find with windows 7 and it works.
So thank you again for both of your information.
J-oKeR
Tyro

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms