San11 Editor "Translation"

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: San11 Editor "Translation"

Unread postby Lezard Valeth » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:21 pm

I'm not being paid and don't have to share anything (what are you? a commie?).

Let's go back to the beginning: I've thought there could be someone interested in a translated San11 Editor (enough to actually do it — I've been straight: "I won't do it myself"), so I've started this thread and raised the question (showing it could be done, sure).

Well, 2 days passed and, for now, it seems you're the only one interested ... unfortunately not enough to do it. Got to abide by that, looking at the bright side, at least now there is a mini guide of how to do it in the forum (for future joiners you know).

As you put:
If I want to translate the tool, I will translate it to my native language (Persian or Farsi)

Fair enough, english isn't my native language either, but unlike you I'm using it in order to reach people interested in this little endeavour with the idea of having an exchange.

You see, I believe that those interested enough should collaborate to attain it (and share if they want so) specially considering there's no money involved. I'm not really interest, same for you, so there won't be a translation, that's just how things are.

No pain, no gain.
Lezard Valeth
Assistant

Unread postby Calamitus » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:45 am

What this editor can actually do?
Calamitus
Apprentice

Unread postby Lezard Valeth » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:44 pm

My bad, San11 Editor is a program that allows you to easily do everything we normally do with an hex editor (and the editing guide) and a bit more. You can edit the contents of Scenario.s11, Scen0XX, Msgs, among other things like simple cheats done by editing RAM while game is running (showing all shrines for example). It's an interesting program, the problem is its language (chinese).

It's worth noting that it supports chinese version of the game fully, japanese version (except by few features I think), but not english version (although it does work in many cases — LCC used it with Scen0XX).

If you want to try it:
- Download San11Editor1.XXBuildXXXX.rar and San11Editor-LangPack.rar from http://pigspy.ys168.com/

- Extract both into the same folder and run the exe

- That's what the main menu offers:
1- 文件 = File
2- 编辑 = Edit
3- 补丁 = Patch
4- 搜索 = Search
5- 默认游戏语言 = Default game language
6- 选项 = Options
7- 视图 = View
8- 其它 = Miscellaneous
9- 帮助 = Help
choose Default game language.

- That's what the Default game language menu offers:
1- 简体中文 = Simplified Chinese
2- 繁体中文 = Traditional Chinese
3- 日文 = Japanese language
4- 韩文 = Korean
choose Japanese.
EDIT: I'm assuming you're using the translated japanese version.
Lezard Valeth
Assistant

Unread postby squall leonhart » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:31 am

Download San11Editor1.XXBuildXXXX.rar and San11Editor-LangPack.rar from http://pigspy.ys168.com/

San11Editor-LangPack.rar is useless for English users.
Only Japanese and Korean users need it.
It shows the menus of the San11Editor in Japanese / Korean Language.
squall leonhart
Initiate

Unread postby Lezard Valeth » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:31 pm

EDIT: Ooops! My mistake again :mrgreen:

In case someone want to use the lang pack, since there's no option in the program, you must use applocale or some other way to trick the program.

I had this wrong idea that the pack influenced in the way how Msgs were displayed since Lindsey had trouble translating japanese Msgs. But looking carefully now, checking the "default game language" option is enough for it to work fine.

So, yes, we don't need it.

----

By the way, I gave a closer look at what ResourceHacker is able to deal with and, unfortunately, almost all the labels across the forms can't be translated with it, much of the work will still require hex editing (and suffer from character limitation).
Lezard Valeth
Assistant

Unread postby squall leonhart » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:59 am

In case someone want to use the lang pack, since there's no option in the program, you must use applocale or some other way to trick the program.

As far as I know to use the language pack :
Windows XP : Start > Control panel > Regional and ... > Advanced > Language for non-Unicode programs > Japanese / Korean
By running San11Editor.exe it will automatically detect the correct language for the menu

I gave a closer look at what ResourceHacker is able to deal with and, unfortunately, almost all the labels across the forms can't be translated with it

Any screenshot from those strings?
squall leonhart
Initiate

Unread postby Lezard Valeth » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:45 pm

Sure, two examples here:

Lezard Valeth
Assistant

Unread postby squall leonhart » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:57 pm

These windows are too complex to be editable with resource hacker
The best way is to use abbreviation for them
squall leonhart
Initiate

Unread postby Calamitus » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:04 am

Thanks for explanation, Lezard. I guess PUK editor and Zetta's randomizer will be enough for me to enjoy the game (again). If nobody bothered to translate the editor after so many years, it's pretty unrealistic to think that this will change in future. *sigh* Koei cant even make proper in-game editor, yet many other turn-based strategy developers can do it without problems.
Calamitus
Apprentice

Unread postby Valvatorez » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:31 pm

Just a quick question about this editor, I've used it to change some messages in game like events and some biographies and such and it works fine, but it seems like changing any messages that actually appear in the log window in game seem to make other messages not show up properly. For instance, say I change what Zhang Fei says when getting attacked, the window no longer shows anything when inspecting or drilling troops, it just stays empty. Any idea what causes that?
Valvatorez
Academic

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms