Random crash [RTKXI, PC, Eng]

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: Random crash [RTKXI, PC, Eng]

Unread postby Lezard Valeth » Tue May 10, 2016 6:46 pm

Thanks, but this script wasn't available until now. It was made for personal use while learning the basics on powershell.

Powershell comes with Windows 7 and onwards. Still, not only you can install version 2 on XP, but also my script was written and tested on this version; so at least you won't have compatibility issues. Note that it also requires .NET, which again, you likely already have installed.

There was a portable powershell around not so long ago, but it seems Microsoft put an end to it. I still have a beta, but you no longer need it.

Zyzyfer wrote:
squall leonhart wrote:Thanks for the new solution.
Can you explain about "historical" slots?

They are slots intended for NPCs that ended up not being used.

They're found after Lu Zhi and are named something like "Historical ##"
Lezard Valeth
Assistant

Unread postby john123 » Fri May 19, 2017 8:03 pm

Lezard Valeth wrote:If I understood correctly, you've simply made the officers unavailable. But a better solution would be to put them on the "historical" slots.

I've attached a powershell script that swaps/deletes officers. If you (or anybody) decide to try my old script:
- Put the scenarios you want to fix into the "WorkingFolder" folder
- Double click the batch file (.bat) to run the script
- Select the "Move_v0.txt" when prompted (it's set to swap the troublesome officers you're removing with the empty historical ones)
- Get your fixed files on the "WorkingFolder" with the "_Mover.s11" suffix (there'll also be a log for each file - just delete them)

how to run that .bat file? when i double click it, it flashes one second and then disappears
john123
Tyro

Unread postby john123 » Sat May 20, 2017 8:24 am

Lezard Valeth wrote:If I understood correctly, you've simply made the officers unavailable. But a better solution would be to put them on the "historical" slots.

I've attached a powershell script that swaps/deletes officers. If you (or anybody) decide to try my old script:
- Put the scenarios you want to fix into the "WorkingFolder" folder
- Double click the batch file (.bat) to run the script
- Select the "Move_v0.txt" when prompted (it's set to swap the troublesome officers you're removing with the empty historical ones)
- Get your fixed files on the "WorkingFolder" with the "_Mover.s11" suffix (there'll also be a log for each file - just delete them)

it says "selected difinitions file" when i double click the .bat
john123
Tyro

Unread postby john123 » Sat May 20, 2017 8:25 am

squall leonhart wrote:@ Lezard Valeth
your patch is really awesome!
It really fixes the crash problem!
When did you release this patch?
I wish I saw it before.
But to be honest with you I don't like the way it works.
I had to install Windows Management Framework on my windows xp to use he patch.

it says "selected difinitions file" when i double click the .bat
john123
Tyro

Unread postby Lezard Valeth » Sat May 27, 2017 5:38 pm

If all you want to do is fixing the Deng/Ning crash then "Move_v0.txt" is the "definitions file" you want to use, so ... just select it when asked (it's inside the "Inputs" folder).

----

Note: my script doesn't do it all automatically because it wasn't made specifically to solve this problem. It can swap/delete officers from any scenario and works with any version of the game. The "definitions file" as I call it, simply tells my script what to do. The "Move_v0.txt" file I've bundled in that zip tells my script to fix Deng/Ning problem by swapping them around (the best solution available).
Lezard Valeth
Assistant

Previous

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms