RTK XIII thread

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: RTK XIII thread

Unread postby Xiahou Jia » Thu May 10, 2018 8:10 am

Regarding Guan Du event. I'm not sure really, so it's just my guess, but...Pu Yang belongs to Yuan Shao in the hero story and acts as wu chao. In the standard game, however, Cao Cao is very attached to it. Another guess is that Xu You must serve Yuan Shao and maybe Chunyu Qiong (I hope I spelled him right). I don't remember when Zhang He and Gao Lan defect as well. Maybe the two need to be with Yuan Shao as well.
There's no trick to it. I'm not using an orbment, it's not magic...and I'm not using an artifact, either. I just will fire to appear, and it does.
McBurn
Xiahou Jia
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby TasteKnuckles » Thu May 10, 2018 2:01 pm

So my game has come to a drastic end. I rebelled in TianShui. One of my wives were a governor for Dong Zhou and ended up getting killed as a result. Taste Knuckles then mounting his Calvary unit charged full force towards Dongs Unit. He was intercepted bye his body guard Lu Bu and an epic duel emerged.

Though I fought hard and mighty, I was no match for the champion Lu Bu and he ended up killing me. Thus the legend of Taste Knuckles ends in defeat.
TasteKnuckles
Tyro

Unread postby Qin Feng » Thu May 10, 2018 5:46 pm

Zyzyfer wrote:
Qin Feng wrote:How do I get the battle of Guan Du event? I get the one in which Guan Yu kills Wen Chou, but after that, nothing happens, and I've waited months. What am I doing wrong?

This suddenly crossed my mind. Does Cao Cao own Qiao? I had this problem once, and it was because Cao Cao owned Qiao so Liu Bei couldn't re-establish himself there.

-----

TasteKnuckles wrote:The city looks really nice as it is maxed out. Currently we have been asked to take up arms against Ma Tang. Still think I may create a kingdom, then rebel just when Lu Bu does and try to make me the next Dong Zhuo.

I have done something like this before in the base game. My officer was a Han loyalist and isn't supposed to like Dong Zhuo, so I revolted almost immediately. I think I waited a little bit to secure certain officers. Anyway it was challenging without being impossible, I did eventually end up conquering China. It was a decent struggle to overcome Dong Zhuo's attacks at first, but once I took my first city from him, things picked up nicely. I imagine the PUK won't change too much in this regard.

I am trying not to spoil your experience too much, but here is one big tip for you, because the game never clearly explains this bit to the player. As a governor, you can befriend officers in other cities, and then request their transfer to your city. This will help you gather personnel for a future revolt. There is a small chance of your friends not defecting with you when you revolt, but generally, they will switch sides. Li Jue, Guo Si, Lu Bu, Diao Chan, and Wang Yun are needed for Lu Bu's own revolt event so just avoid them. And don't waste time befriending the Minister (R) officers or other governors, you can't summon them as a governor.

Yeah I thought so as well. I looked it up and Runan is the city Liu Bei needs. I am Cao Cao and happened to own Runan. I guess I broke the chain? Because Qiao is an independent city. I guess I'll start again since Yuan Shao is really strong and I'm surrounded by enemies. No way I can win this :lol:
Maybe I'll be Liu Bei in 195 and let events play out, even if I have to disband my force. I hope it's not too hard. Later scenarios seem like suicide for anything other than Wei.
Qin Feng
Apprentice

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Thu May 10, 2018 10:40 pm

TasteKnuckles wrote:So my game has come to a drastic end. I rebelled in TianShui. One of my wives were a governor for Dong Zhou and ended up getting killed as a result. Taste Knuckles then mounting his Calvary unit charged full force towards Dongs Unit. He was intercepted bye his body guard Lu Bu and an epic duel emerged.

Though I fought hard and mighty, I was no match for the champion Lu Bu and he ended up killing me. Thus the legend of Taste Knuckles ends in defeat.

:(

Sounds like an epic way to go, though.
-----

Qin Feng: Cao Cao's position may look bad but you can totally whip Yuan Shao, so unless you are playing for events, don't restart just yet!

And yeah Runan would explain it. I got that one and Qiao mixed up.
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby TasteKnuckles » Thu May 10, 2018 10:43 pm

Well with the death of Taste Knuckles I had to start fresh again. This time started with a bit better game plan to get things started better.

Stage: Yellow Turbun Rebellion

Officer: Taste Knuckles has come back from the grave to once again try to bring peace to the land through battle and bloodshed

Starting City: Luoyang

Force: Free Officer

So after the Yellow Turbuns took Xu Chang a young 15 year old Taste Knuckles fled and ran to Luoyang. There he met and befriended a Officer of the Han Cao Cao. Cao Cao seeing talent in the young man offered his daughter as a bride and the young man accepted.

Taste Knuckles then went and made friends with both Ji Ling, and Gao Gan who moved into his estate in Luoyang. There they started getting together a personal guard and went out 40,000 strong to fight bandits who wished to take control of the chaos caused by the rebellion.

Once the rebellion was put down by He Jin Taste Knuckles was hoping it would become peaceful again. However the infighting within the Han as Emperors we’re now puppets in the hands of evil saw He Jin assassinated, and Dong Zhou take control of Luoyang and the Emperor. This savage puppet master was to much for Taste Knuckles to handle and he went south to Changsha.

In Changsha he remained a free officer and continued to fight bandits in the area and helping Sun Jian build up the city.

To be continued...
TasteKnuckles
Tyro

Unread postby Xiahou Jia » Fri May 11, 2018 4:37 am

Qin Feng wrote: I guess I'll start again since Yuan Shao is really strong and I'm surrounded by enemies. No way I can win this :lol:

That's a classic scenario for Cao Cao. He may seem very easy to play when he's an opponent, but not so if you are actually controlling him from the very start. Even less so if you work for him.
Yuan Shao is always in control of the north in no time in this game.
There's no trick to it. I'm not using an orbment, it's not magic...and I'm not using an artifact, either. I just will fire to appear, and it does.
McBurn
Xiahou Jia
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Qin Feng » Fri May 11, 2018 8:28 am

Xiahou Jia wrote:
Qin Feng wrote: I guess I'll start again since Yuan Shao is really strong and I'm surrounded by enemies. No way I can win this :lol:

That's a classic scenario for Cao Cao. He may seem very easy to play when he's an opponent, but not so if you are actually controlling him from the very start. Even less so if you work for him.
Yuan Shao is always in control of the north in no time in this game.

This is all Chen Gong's fault. If only he had killed him when he had the chance I wouldn't be in this situation :lol:
I will try to get out of this but it's going to take plenty of juggling with diplomacy. I think Liu Biao might be up to an alliance, so I would only need to focus on Ma Teng and hopefully hold the line against Yuan Shao until I've conquered Liu Biao. Though I guess I will have a coalition made against me, and the last thing I want is fighting on multiple fronts.
Qin Feng
Apprentice

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Fri May 11, 2018 9:08 am

I really enjoy playing as Cao Cao and attempting to follow his historical path when there are no events for it. He starts off really slow, then suddenly breaks out between 194 and 200, it can be hard to keep up on that part. Then Yuan Shao is kind of slow and steady if you want. Then he bashes Liu Biao a bit, then Ma Teng and whoever kicked Zhang Lu out of Hanzhong, and pretty soon it's 215 and you basically either sit there until 220 just because, or wrap up the Wu/Jing/Yi leftovers.

Yuan Shao usually doesn't train his troops all that well, so if you get yours up to gold or silver as Cao Cao it isn't too hard to flatten him.

Another weakness for Yuan Shao is the location, it is very easy to psych whoever holds that region out by having attackers on more than one front. Several times, every unit up there has run to fend off one front, leaving the other front totally open and I just march that second group from city to city, kicking butt until my opponent in like 2/3rds wiped out.
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby TasteKnuckles » Fri May 11, 2018 3:02 pm

Zyzyfer wrote:Another weakness for Yuan Shao is the location, it is very easy to psych whoever holds that region out by having attackers on more than one front. Several times, every unit up there has run to fend off one front, leaving the other front totally open and I just march that second group from city to city, kicking butt until my opponent in like 2/3rds wiped out.

Hah I will continue my write up as I get a chance to but I was having trouble crossing the river on Liu Biao not having really any navy guys, used this and it totally worked. Mobilized a small unit on a port that had Liu Biao do the same. Then my main group went right over the river unopposed and took the fight to them on land where we had the advantage.

May need to say the wise sage Zyzyfer showed up with wisdom on their conundrum.
TasteKnuckles
Tyro

Unread postby TasteKnuckles » Fri May 11, 2018 5:55 pm

Double Post sorry but my game continued:

Sun Jian had been given an order to fight Liu Biao. However victory came swiftly he fell for a trap and died. His heir Sun Ce quickly rounded the troops together and left Changsha for Yuan Shu in Wan and joined up. This left Changsha open and well developed. The young hero Taste Knuckles listening to the people’s plee to be lead raised his flag alone with Gao Lan, and Ji Ling. With him also was his wife’s Hua Jiao, and Mei Lian. Both of which were Cao Cao’s Daughters. He then took a third wife Shi Yu who was a daughter of Ji Ling.

With Sun Jian dead Liu Biao took the opportunity to crass the river and started setting up a kingdom taking both Wuling, and Lingling. Taste Knuckles also expanded his kingdom by accepting a request from Guiyang to Govern them.

Surrounding villages then started asking who they should support. Liu Biao or Taste Knuckles. This lead to conflict between the two lords and small scurmishes started breaking out between them.

Then Liu Biao sent a force from Wuling to attack Changsha. Taste Knuckles lead the defensive forces personally and crushed the attackers under heal. He then marched up to Wuling and took the city from Liu Biao. This left Lingling open and alone cut off from the main group and it too fell to Taste Knuckles and his force.

Taste Knuckles then allied with Shi Xie to safeguard his southern boarders. Battles continue between both Liu Biao and Taste Knuckles but with the resurface of the Sun Family breaking away from Yuan Shu just to the east it has slowed down. However a envoy has been sent for an alliance between both Taste Knuckles and Sun Ce which will allow our hero to once again not worry about his neighbors and take the fight right to Liu Biao again in his conquest for the Jing province.

To be continued
TasteKnuckles
Tyro

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms