RTK XIII thread

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: RTK XIII thread

Unread postby TasteKnuckles » Tue May 08, 2018 1:28 pm

So just started a new game this morning.

Stage: Yellow Turban Rebellion.

Officer: Taste Knuckles

Position: Free Officer

City: Luoyang

So I started as a free officer in Luoyang. First thing I did was befriend Cao Cao.
Married to two of his daughters, then joined the ranks of He Jin just as he was getting ready to take the Fight to the Yellow Turbuns.

Got Marching Orders to take Yue and set off. During a intense battle Taste Knuckles grabbed great fame by rushing, and capturing the leader of the Turbuns setting a head on a spike for the other rebels to take note of this young general.

I have the historic events set to on, and am unsure if I will follow Cao Cao when he flees to Chenliu, or stay when Dong Zhuo takes control and rebel taking his best generals and try to take the North East.
TasteKnuckles
Tyro

Unread postby Xiahou Jia » Tue May 08, 2018 1:50 pm

I once killed Yuan Shu by accident when was doing patriot missions :lol: He was fighting Sun Ce and I forgot to disband my army when was travelling to one of his cities. Sun Ce was 3-4 days behind me, so Yuan Shu mobilized to defend from incoming attack. But since I was right next to his city the battle actually triggered between us and I accidentally killed him in battle. Really like when something completely unexpected happens in the game.
There's no trick to it. I'm not using an orbment, it's not magic...and I'm not using an artifact, either. I just will fire to appear, and it does.
McBurn
Xiahou Jia
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Wed May 09, 2018 4:10 am

TasteKnuckles wrote:I have the historic events set to on, and am unsure if I will follow Cao Cao when he flees to Chenliu, or stay when Dong Zhuo takes control and rebel taking his best generals and try to take the North East.

You will stay with Dong Zhuo - and he will most likely make you governor of Tianshui.

It's probably a good time to point this out, but if you befriend officers or set them as comrades, your ruler won't be able to relocate them in other cities. So if you plan on revolting later, make lots of friends. 8-)
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiahou Jia » Wed May 09, 2018 7:38 am

You won't be able to add potential comrades to your inner circle if they are already occupying high governing positions though. Not sure about war ministers though.
There's no trick to it. I'm not using an orbment, it's not magic...and I'm not using an artifact, either. I just will fire to appear, and it does.
McBurn
Xiahou Jia
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Wed May 09, 2018 8:24 am

Xiahou Jia wrote:You won't be able to add potential comrades to your inner circle if they are already occupying high governing positions though. Not sure about war ministers though.

That's true. I think governors can only add normal officers, viceroys Minister (G) down, and rulers can do anyone, of course.

Speaking of viceroy, when you get to that point, TasteKnuckles, be sure to save at that point and mess around with it. Koei overcompensated for Viceroy sucking in the base game and made it pretty overpowered haha. I've done some pretty naughty things as a Viceroy :twisted:
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby TasteKnuckles » Wed May 09, 2018 1:34 pm

A small update on my game.

Played for an hour this morning and He Jin is still in command. Taste Knuckles led the assault on Quio and took it for the Han.

I have tried to convince He Jin to crush the rest of the rebels but he instead insists on taking free cities. It’s 187 so I’m just waiting for historical events to drop that fool out of power so we can get on with it.
TasteKnuckles
Tyro

Unread postby Xiahou Jia » Wed May 09, 2018 2:07 pm

You can try to speed things up by pulling off my favourite "Sun Ce borrowing troops" little stratagem. Basically if you have a privilege you can offer to deploy troops, but instead of disbanding the troops after conquering the target...press on with the conquest :lol: You won't be able to add more troops, and won't be able to control your allies directly in battles probably, but you'll be in charge on the map deciding who and when to attack :D . That's how I normally save Cao Cao from his predicament right in the start of anti-Dong Zhuo's coallition. I offer him to conquer empty Xu Chang when I get to rank 8. He can't deny it because of the privilege. I borrow 15k of troops and organise 3 very capable cavalry units with his best officers, but excluding Cao Cao himself.After taking Xu Chang I just go on: Ru Nan, Qiao, Shou Chun, Xiao Pei, Xia Pi, Lang Ye, Bei Hai, Ji Bei. Even Tao Qian's 60k of troops can't stop us :D Even Yuan Shao's blitz in the north can not compare :lol: In the end I loose only 3-4k of soldiers.

Edit: You're forced to disband when the historic event triggers however. So timing is important.
McBurn
Xiahou Jia
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Qin Feng » Wed May 09, 2018 6:45 pm

How do I get the battle of Guan Du event? I get the one in which Guan Yu kills Wen Chou, but after that, nothing happens, and I've waited months. What am I doing wrong?
Qin Feng
Apprentice

Unread postby TasteKnuckles » Thu May 10, 2018 1:22 am

I’m not to sure as I have never triggered that event either.

Got a chance to play a little more today. So He Jin has been killed, Dong Zhuo takes over and grants me Governorship of Tianshui. (Spelling?)

The city looks really nice as it is maxed out. Currently we have been asked to take up arms against Ma Tang. Still think I may create a kingdom, then rebel just when Lu Bu does and try to make me the next Dong Zhuo.
TasteKnuckles
Tyro

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Thu May 10, 2018 1:51 am

Qin Feng wrote:How do I get the battle of Guan Du event? I get the one in which Guan Yu kills Wen Chou, but after that, nothing happens, and I've waited months. What am I doing wrong?

This suddenly crossed my mind. Does Cao Cao own Qiao? I had this problem once, and it was because Cao Cao owned Qiao so Liu Bei couldn't re-establish himself there.

-----

TasteKnuckles wrote:The city looks really nice as it is maxed out. Currently we have been asked to take up arms against Ma Tang. Still think I may create a kingdom, then rebel just when Lu Bu does and try to make me the next Dong Zhuo.

I have done something like this before in the base game. My officer was a Han loyalist and isn't supposed to like Dong Zhuo, so I revolted almost immediately. I think I waited a little bit to secure certain officers. Anyway it was challenging without being impossible, I did eventually end up conquering China. It was a decent struggle to overcome Dong Zhuo's attacks at first, but once I took my first city from him, things picked up nicely. I imagine the PUK won't change too much in this regard.

I am trying not to spoil your experience too much, but here is one big tip for you, because the game never clearly explains this bit to the player. As a governor, you can befriend officers in other cities, and then request their transfer to your city. This will help you gather personnel for a future revolt. There is a small chance of your friends not defecting with you when you revolt, but generally, they will switch sides. Li Jue, Guo Si, Lu Bu, Diao Chan, and Wang Yun are needed for Lu Bu's own revolt event so just avoid them. And don't waste time befriending the Minister (R) officers or other governors, you can't summon them as a governor.
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms