RoTK XIII Announced! Screenshots and Release Date (Dec 10)

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: RoTK XIII Announced! Screenshots and Release Date (Dec 1

Unread postby Drakken » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:32 pm

rk47 wrote:Yellow Turbans are basically screwed anyway because they do not have the same 'title granting' system as normal rulers do. Therefore no matter how good their commanders are, they'll never be able to command more than 5000-7000 men each. It meant their city advantage at the start is less meaningful while the Han officers' command capacity grew larger and larger.

I wiped out He Jin as Yellow Turban and deposed the Emperor - and that is the only way the Yellow Turbans can implement a title grant system. But there's no event attached to it. Pretty disappointing.

Yes, YT's best and only strategy is to concentrate immediately one Luoyang and destroy the Emperor - while the backlines capture empty cities in the Northeast.
Drakken
Assistant

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:54 am

OMG Liu Bei with events starting in 184 is so boring hahaha

Currently 199 I think, Cao Cao just wiped out Lu Bu and I've maxed Qiao without actively trying. I am going to try to boggle the Guan Yu Surrenders event a bit, I am thinking that I can exile non-essentials just prior to the event and their rapport will not plummet. Let's see.

I also finally worked out the events bonus thing that kept bothering me - when someone asks for supplies to do more or where to cultivate stuff. The base bonus is for low prosperity; medium is halved I think, high is 20%. So if it's below 5 points on low, yeah you get zero, which renders some options useless since the bonus is like 3.

I rarely seem to get any commerce/culture events...
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:41 pm

Heh, well I've figured out one cheat of sorts. Even though I've been buying useful items, Liu Bei still has like 30,000+ gold by the time 200 rolls around when starting in 184. So the moment I got put in Xinye, I immediately put him on city development duty. Just pick the cheapest option and then max each stat out with your personal gold. I can't see any other realistic way to get on your feet in Xinye after losing everything, the city needs to get profitable fast.

Edit: Then I cheated my cheat. :?

Just solicit gold from Liu Biao. Going the way I posted above, I was up and running with elite spears by 204 and started raiding Wan for those sweet sweet Wei supplies. But I blew a few thousand gold and tons of merit on my ruler...
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Previous

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms