RTK XIII thread

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: RTK XIII thread

Unread postby sammohung » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:52 am

How does marriages between officers work?

I noticed that Ma Yunlu and Zhao Yun got married without my knowledge at all. Both are in my force, and Zhao Yun has been serving a long time while Ma Yunlu was only a few years.

I noticed both were in the same city in AD 212, and were not married, but then......in AD 215, I suddenly noticed Zhao Yun's Training Skill to be level 9, when previously it was Level 8. It went up by itself. So I looked at his Bonds, and then noticed Ma Yunlu was his spouse.

So they must have gotten married without my knowledge (as the Ruler). :o

I don't know what are the conditions for this to happen, but maybe the rapport between them must have risen and risen all the way to 100 due to working together...etc. But still, it is impossible to jump from Level One to Level Four Rapport.

The only way I have seen is to banquet a city and then some guys may then form Level One Bonds.

Anyone seen this before?
sammohung
Assistant

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:30 am

I haven't played in ages now so my memory is rusty but your copy of the game sounds buggy, haha. I'll try to comment, though.

Apply/tenure - It's either a bug or *maybe* if another force surrenders to you, the tenure carries over. I've never noticed any anomalies with this - and I do a lot of "min-max" stuff when I play that leads to me keeping a close watch on things like this. Maybe if you posted some screenshots, it'd be easier to take a stab at what might be going on.

Marriage/bonds - Well once two officers have that level 1 bond, it's actually not all that hard to get them to level 3 so long as they are in the same city. Both being in battle together, and doing city tasks together, will cause their bond level to go up. Having said that, your case with Zhao Yun/Ma Yunlu does sound off, as those level 4 bonds require the player to actively trigger them, in my experience. The two of them could possibly have a level 5 bond that fires off at a certain point, like Cao Cao/Xun Yu, etc.
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby sammohung » Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:40 pm

Zyzyfer wrote:I haven't played in ages now so my memory is rusty but your copy of the game sounds buggy, haha. I'll try to comment, though.

Apply/tenure - It's either a bug or *maybe* if another force surrenders to you, the tenure carries over. I've never noticed any anomalies with this - and I do a lot of "min-max" stuff when I play that leads to me keeping a close watch on things like this. Maybe if you posted some screenshots, it'd be easier to take a stab at what might be going on.

Marriage/bonds - Well once two officers have that level 1 bond, it's actually not all that hard to get them to level 3 so long as they are in the same city. Both being in battle together, and doing city tasks together, will cause their bond level to go up. Having said that, your case with Zhao Yun/Ma Yunlu does sound off, as those level 4 bonds require the player to actively trigger them, in my experience. The two of them could possibly have a level 5 bond that fires off at a certain point, like Cao Cao/Xun Yu, etc.

Hmmm, yes you are right! I checked back, and indeed, those "anomalies" were guys from a force that surrendered to me, in this case, Liu Biao. So their tenure got carried over, lol.

About marriages happening "in secret". This seems strange cos it is only limited to Zhao Yun and Ma Yunlu, who, according to their bios in the game, got married, not withstanding the fact that Ma Yunlu is a fictional character.

I have never seen such bonds with other officers that "triggered" by themselves, not even those who were historically having such bonds.

Currently, I'm playing a game where I've made Liu Bei a super duper human, with skills in everything, even Orator Skill level 9 when it is originally zero. Lots' of fun, making friends with everyone to obtain those Skills, although I don't really like the Big Drinker tasks as they take too much time.

But in practical terms of gameplay, just useless. Because you need a large pool of officers to do this, and to have such a large pool, you have to be winning and in control of nearly all the territory in China by this time.

In the end, I tested Liu Bei attacking with Guan Yu and Zhang Fei in one unit alone, and he was able to defeat the last force/city with a similar troop strength and many units. Liu Bei's unit at this time, had a starting attack of 393 and could boost up to 493 when he activates his Thousand Slayer tactic (learned from Zhang Fei). He first had Undefeatable from Lu Bu, but I think Thousand Slayer is stronger. :lol:

Must be the strongest attacking strength (humanly possible) in the game. I believe with max war/max war skills for all 3 generals and max bond level, the max attack strength possible should be 500.
sammohung
Assistant

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:54 pm

I am pretty sure that most of the unique bonds (i.e. Cao Cao/Xun Yu, Liu Bei/Zhuge Liang) will trigger even for the AI once the conditions are met - the AI may even have relaxed conditions for triggering them. And I was suggesting that Zhao Yun/Ma Yunlu may have one of these unique bonds. It's just a guess though, as it's the only kind of scenario where bonds at that level will automatically trigger.

Your story reminds me of a Liu Bei game I did one time. It was 190 and, since events were on and I knew I would lose the cities I could develop to stronger forces, I basically just did nothing with developing them. Instead I focused on having Liu Bei learn a bunch of skills and build his stats up with duels and so on. Similar to you, I got him built up to be pretty ridiculous between 190 and when he gets shoved into Xinye. At one point I was basically able to trigger circular mentoring by going back and forth between Guan Yu and Zhang Fei for mentoring duels.
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby agga » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:18 pm

i hadn't played this game in a while, but took it out again a couple weeks ago;

apparently a graphics driver update at some point has broken the 'fire attack' animation - fire attack in a battle, and the GPU 3D engine goes completely nuts, game grinds to a near halt. changing the game graphics settings does nothing. same game, same card a few months ago everything was fine.

anyone encountered such a problem with this game, and any ideas how to troubleshoot it? i could roll back the graphics driver but that is not ideal..
造反有理!
agga
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:19 pm

I haven't played this in a while myself but it could be Koei's own meddling causing this. A few months back, after hearing crickets for ages with regard to updates of the game, they suddenly released one or two patches. This reset a bunch of stats I had changed using Van's Editor. I could totally see it wrecking certain gaming rig set-ups as well :lol:
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Aaron.K » Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:23 am

I'm curious if anyone has compiled the Created Officer Portraits that aren't already from previous games (8, 9, 10, 11, etc.). If so, sharing would be a great help to me and my Three Kingdoms tabletop RPG.
"Don't trust anyone. Never sit with your back to an entrance. Wear shoes with reversed footprints."
Also, check out my forum. A general history board called: The History Room
Aaron.K
Sage

Unread postby Aygor » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:24 am

About marriages, I have noticed that Cao Jie starts unmarried and then at some point gets married to the emperor. It may be a special case being the emperor (or the emperor coming to power after she spawns) but maybe certain marriages between AI officers can occur as the game flows
分久必合,合久必分
Ἀτύφως μὲν λαβεῖν, εὐλύτως δὲ ἀφεῖναι
Aygor
Langzhong

Previous

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms