RTK XIII thread

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: RTK XIII thread

Unread postby XiangYu » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:49 pm

Heya folks, quick question regarding on how to begin the game. I've played 3,4, and 11 so I'm familiar with the basics I guess.

I'm gonna start a game as Zhao Yun in The Ati DZ Coalition, free officer, going paragon till Liu Bei has to flee or until Zhuge Liang joins Liu Bei. Historical trend and events on. How would you start this? I figured I'd start with recruiting 10k troops, then go and help all those deeds for renown to earn money. Then I'll by gifts and stock them up and start creating bonds. I had Taishi Ci, Zhang Liao, Xu Huang in mind while I go over and woo Da Qiao with my gigantic spear.

1. The officers mentioned they can be recruited to my army once I create lvl3 bonds with them? I read that Taishi Ci had some special level 5 bond with Sun Ce, so will I still be able to get him to join me?
2. I'm guessing this will take quite a while, but Da Qiao will marry Sun Ce with my settings? So my only hope to get her is before they marry or pick myself up a widower?

The remaining questions are about debate/duel. When you can only see one move of your opponent during a duel, what is your strategy to beat them? I thought most of them would leave knockout last and unbalance before knockout but I got destroyed haha. As for debates, except for choosing the proper rock=paper=scissor thingy, you have to follow the topic right like in rotk11? Someone tore me a new one when I used the proper topic with scissors and they used a different topic but with rock. Is that even possible or was I just not paying attention?

Cheers fellows!
XiangYu
Tyro
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:14 pm

Re: RTK XIII thread

Unread postby TVL » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:24 am

XiangYu wrote:Heya folks, quick question regarding on how to begin the game. I've played 3,4, and 11 so I'm familiar with the basics I guess.

I'm gonna start a game as Zhao Yun in The Ati DZ Coalition, free officer, going paragon till Liu Bei has to flee or until Zhuge Liang joins Liu Bei. Historical trend and events on. How would you start this? I figured I'd start with recruiting 10k troops, then go and help all those deeds for renown to earn money. Then I'll by gifts and stock them up and start creating bonds. I had Taishi Ci, Zhang Liao, Xu Huang in mind while I go over and woo Da Qiao with my gigantic spear.

1. The officers mentioned they can be recruited to my army once I create lvl3 bonds with them? I read that Taishi Ci had some special level 5 bond with Sun Ce, so will I still be able to get him to join me?
2. I'm guessing this will take quite a while, but Da Qiao will marry Sun Ce with my settings? So my only hope to get her is before they marry or pick myself up a widower?

The remaining questions are about debate/duel. When you can only see one move of your opponent during a duel, what is your strategy to beat them? I thought most of them would leave knockout last and unbalance before knockout but I got destroyed haha. As for debates, except for choosing the proper rock=paper=scissor thingy, you have to follow the topic right like in rotk11? Someone tore me a new one when I used the proper topic with scissors and they used a different topic but with rock. Is that even possible or was I just not paying attention?

Cheers fellows!


1 - 2. Pretty much, unless things got changed in the 1 month since i last played. You have to destroy their lvl5 bond somehow for them to leave that force. The family tree behaves the same if i remember correctly, but even more extreme. I remember trying to get Sun ShangXiang out of Wu, was impossible as long as the ruler of Wu being one of the family members. It was a massacre of just me assassinating every single one of Wu's rulers. After like 6 guys, it finally came to Sun ShangXiang's possession, i gave up and killed her too. lol

As for debate/duel, i just spam the attack command on duel on the turns that are unknown to me and it nets me the win 90% of the time if my war is close or higher than the opponent. Had no clue on how special work, sometime mine goes off, sometime it doesnt, i just didnt care enough to find what was wrong, the duel system is just that bad.
As for Debate, just pick whatever strategy has more wins against the available tactics the opponent currently has
TVL
Master
 
Posts: 239
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:41 am

Re: RTK XIII thread

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:03 am

@TVL: I think once you assassinated one of Sun Shangxiang's relatives, you became her archenemy anyway. Amusing story though.

=====

That bond between Taishi Ci and Sun Ce shouldn't occur before 194 so you should be able to take Taishi as a comrade, in the beginning at least. (Be prepared for officers to possibly leave you due to events, though.)

Do not join Liu Bei until after he recreates his force in the Guan Yu's Ride event. You can form bonds with his officers but there is no real point to joining prior to that.

Doing the paragon route is fine if you want to have a strong standing army, but you may also want to consider doing the merchant route at some point so you can invest in Liu Bei's force when he recreates it, as he does have issues with paying his officers. Liu Bei's path is pretty boring until after Chibi. If you don't want to kill 17 years waiting for stuff to happen, you might as well join Liu Bei in 200 after Guan Yu's Ride and start your struggle against Cao Cao then.

Duels: Agree with spamming Attack against unknown moves if your War is higher. There is a bit more to it but you should be fine as Zhao Yun with a few warrior comrades if you follow that rule in most situations. For important duels like Mentoring or Assassination, the AI can be unpredictable.

Debates: Weeeeeellllllllllll Assert always beats Provoke, Provoke always beats Retort, Retort always beats Assert. The topic card match just adds power to your choice; i.e. Assert+ also beats Assert (but still loses to a normal Retort). When you use a card type it is not available the round after, so if you play Assert, next round you can only use Provoke or Retort. In normal debates you can usually play the card that beats their first + card available and win, but you may also notice AI trends, like I noticed last game that the AI always led with Assert in the first round. If Zhao Yun gets Orator 1 he will also gain an Ignore card which just cancels anything your opponent does. And at Orator 5 you get two Ignores.
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
User avatar
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 3088
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 1:17 pm
Location: South Korea

Re: RTK XIII thread

Unread postby TVL » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:36 pm

Maybe archenemy is hidden from the editor, every time I killed one of the wu ruler, sun shangxiang would divorce me so I always use the editor to edit her bond again to make sure she always has me as husband and nothing else. Poor girl had to witness her entire family massacred. But if I can't have her, no one can. Maybe I even did her a favor by finishing her off as well. Lol
TVL
Master
 
Posts: 239
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:41 am

Re: RTK XIII thread

Unread postby XiangYu » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:12 pm

Just can't seem to figure out a logical way how the bond system workds.

I befriended Taishi Ci, 100 rapport. Sworn brother now and he married his daughter to me, kinda weird but whatever. Keep giving him gifts but he always declines to join me, yet he's not sworn bros with anyone else, nor does he have a wife.

Easily managed to get Wei Yan and Zhang Liao to join me, without 100 rapport, but somehow keep giving them gifts but can't become sworn bros with either.

Been trying to woo Da Qiao for nearly ten years, would never join me even with 100 rapport and endless gifts, nor would an opion pop up for me to marry her. She never had a husband and my rapport with Xiao Qiao is 100 as well. Spend 10 years and myriad of gifts just to have her marry Sun Ce in 199ish AD. Fricken friendzoned in a ROTK13 what the hell...

Think I'm gonna start over and begin in YTR. Somehow Zhao Yun isn't selectable in that scenario for some reason while he should be off age by then?
XiangYu
Tyro
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:14 pm

Re: RTK XIII thread

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:10 am

I have had similar problems on occasion, but not on this level.

One guess is that Taishi Ci may have had a (R) Minister rank and wouldn't leave his force due to that.

No idea why the sworn sibling stuff wouldn't work, this is why I usually save before any important bond stuff. All I can suggest is to not talk to the officer when visiting to give gifts for bonding, as it removes the Interested status. I find that interested officers tend to be easier to strengthen bonds with.

The foster daughter stuff is pretty irrelevant to bonds themselves, all it means is that you got a new wife.

I wonder if Da Qiao is hard-coded to be married to Sun Ce automatically, have to check with Van's Editor to see. If she is then it could explain why she freindzoned you haha
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
User avatar
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 3088
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 1:17 pm
Location: South Korea

Re: RTK XIII thread

Unread postby XiangYu » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:51 pm

Zyzyfer wrote:I have had similar problems on occasion, but not on this level.

One guess is that Taishi Ci may have had a (R) Minister rank and wouldn't leave his force due to that.

No idea why the sworn sibling stuff wouldn't work, this is why I usually save before any important bond stuff. All I can suggest is to not talk to the officer when visiting to give gifts for bonding, as it removes the Interested status. I find that interested officers tend to be easier to strengthen bonds with.

The foster daughter stuff is pretty irrelevant to bonds themselves, all it means is that you got a new wife.

I wonder if Da Qiao is hard-coded to be married to Sun Ce automatically, have to check with Van's Editor to see. If she is then it could explain why she freindzoned you haha


Started a different game in YTR as Zhao Yun. Managed to get Taishi Ci and Zhang Liao on my force now, both were some kind of minister before I drafted them. Zhang Liao left due to a Lu Bu event, same with Jia Xu, but is it supposed to be that easy to get them back lol? As a free officer I just move over there and draft them again.

Still unsure how bonds really work tbh, I took your advice of saving before doing any bond stuff. Managed to get Cai Yan to marry me by giving her a random 15 value gift whereas before she wouldnt marry me after giving her an awesome +int item that cost 6000.

Is there any way to recruit free officers btw? I got my bond with Lu Su up to 100, but can't draft him cause he's not in a force. Kinda weird seeing as it would make sense to be easier to draft free officers to your (free)force. Do I have to move my hometown to his city before I can draft him while he's forceless? Read someone that you can only draft free officers when he's in neighboring cities. Or am I mistaken and you can't recruit any free officers being a free officer yourself?
XiangYu
Tyro
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:14 pm

Re: RTK XIII thread

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:04 am

XiangYu wrote:Started a different game in YTR as Zhao Yun. Managed to get Taishi Ci and Zhang Liao on my force now, both were some kind of minister before I drafted them. Zhang Liao left due to a Lu Bu event, same with Jia Xu, but is it supposed to be that easy to get them back lol? As a free officer I just move over there and draft them again.


As long as you built some bonds with them while they were comrades, yeah it should be that easy. On the Patriot path, the only two particularly odd things I've noticed are that, if you join a force and then leave it (which is really really stupid by the way, I only tried doing it to dump some comrades off), you can't interact with officers on that force you left for a long period of time. And the other thing is, if you set a comrade free, sometimes they will just sit there as a free officer indefinitely (which is why I tried the comrade dumping above). But if you play as a force and the events force officers to leave you, that's another story, they won't join you again normally in that case.

Still unsure how bonds really work tbh, I took your advice of saving before doing any bond stuff. Managed to get Cai Yan to marry me by giving her a random 15 value gift whereas before she wouldnt marry me after giving her an awesome +int item that cost 6000.


Me neither, sometimes it is really easy to raise bonds and sometimes it is grueling. Every time I think I've found a trend, the game throws a curve ball at me.

Is there any way to recruit free officers btw? I got my bond with Lu Su up to 100, but can't draft him cause he's not in a force. Kinda weird seeing as it would make sense to be easier to draft free officers to your (free)force. Do I have to move my hometown to his city before I can draft him while he's forceless? Read someone that you can only draft free officers when he's in neighboring cities. Or am I mistaken and you can't recruit any free officers being a free officer yourself?


Hmm if I am understanding this correctly, you can't recruit officers normally in the Patriot path. You just set them as a comrade, which requires a comrade well-acquainted with the officer, or a bond of some sort. When I did my last Patriot game I was based in Zhongshan and personally rushed up to Beiping, made Qiu Liju my comrade while he was still free, and then built relations with Ta Dun and had to steal him from Zanny. So I'm not sure what's going wrong for you with Lu Su.

=====

Just to tack on, I've been playing a 190 Liu Bei game. Due to the empty cities being changed a bit for the PUK, I decided to blitz Yuan Shao early from Pingyuan and take him out, a move which single-handedly gave me control of the north. I did cheese just a bit here and there, but generally speaking it wasn't too hard.

My first few attempts were met with failure, I launched my attack right at the beginning but Yuan Shao's army kept whipping my butt in the field battle just south of Nanpi. I changed my approach and trained spears up to silver, and that battle went much more smoothly (though still a tense one).

One catch to this is that Yuan's officers aren't super-compatible with Liu Bei, so I had to cheese it up there. It's pretty simple in theory: set a very difficult force policy, deploy all your low loyalty officers in 1000 troop units so they can't be recruited, and have Liu Bei abuse the Discussion function in officer meetings with the borderline loyal guys while you complete the goal. Do the council a few times and you're good to go. But I don't know how well it would work on higher difficulty settings.

It is about 202 now and I am taking Dong Zhuo to task, with plenty of potential momentum to conquer everything if desired. Dong wasn't an issue in my last 190 game as Cao Cao because I immediately ROFLstomped him, but he had plenty of time to rise to dominance this time around. Dong also kept allying with Cao Cao, so there were some bloody wars over the course of eliminating the latter.

I just thought it was interesting that Yuan Shao is actually rather weak in 190, it really shouldn't have been so easy to find a way to flip him with Liu Bei. :lol:
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
User avatar
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 3088
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 1:17 pm
Location: South Korea

Re: RTK XIII thread

Unread postby XiangYu » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:17 pm

Zyzyfer wrote:
XiangYu wrote:Started a different game in YTR as Zhao Yun. Managed to get Taishi Ci and Zhang Liao on my force now, both were some kind of minister before I drafted them. Zhang Liao left due to a Lu Bu event, same with Jia Xu, but is it supposed to be that easy to get them back lol? As a free officer I just move over there and draft them again.


As long as you built some bonds with them while they were comrades, yeah it should be that easy. On the Patriot path, the only two particularly odd things I've noticed are that, if you join a force and then leave it (which is really really stupid by the way, I only tried doing it to dump some comrades off), you can't interact with officers on that force you left for a long period of time. And the other thing is, if you set a comrade free, sometimes they will just sit there as a free officer indefinitely (which is why I tried the comrade dumping above). But if you play as a force and the events force officers to leave you, that's another story, they won't join you again normally in that case.

Still unsure how bonds really work tbh, I took your advice of saving before doing any bond stuff. Managed to get Cai Yan to marry me by giving her a random 15 value gift whereas before she wouldnt marry me after giving her an awesome +int item that cost 6000.


Me neither, sometimes it is really easy to raise bonds and sometimes it is grueling. Every time I think I've found a trend, the game throws a curve ball at me.

Is there any way to recruit free officers btw? I got my bond with Lu Su up to 100, but can't draft him cause he's not in a force. Kinda weird seeing as it would make sense to be easier to draft free officers to your (free)force. Do I have to move my hometown to his city before I can draft him while he's forceless? Read someone that you can only draft free officers when he's in neighboring cities. Or am I mistaken and you can't recruit any free officers being a free officer yourself?


Hmm if I am understanding this correctly, you can't recruit officers normally in the Patriot path. You just set them as a comrade, which requires a comrade well-acquainted with the officer, or a bond of some sort. When I did my last Patriot game I was based in Zhongshan and personally rushed up to Beiping, made Qiu Liju my comrade while he was still free, and then built relations with Ta Dun and had to steal him from Zanny. So I'm not sure what's going wrong for you with Lu Su.

=====

Just to tack on, I've been playing a 190 Liu Bei game. Due to the empty cities being changed a bit for the PUK, I decided to blitz Yuan Shao early from Pingyuan and take him out, a move which single-handedly gave me control of the north. I did cheese just a bit here and there, but generally speaking it wasn't too hard.

My first few attempts were met with failure, I launched my attack right at the beginning but Yuan Shao's army kept whipping my butt in the field battle just south of Nanpi. I changed my approach and trained spears up to silver, and that battle went much more smoothly (though still a tense one).

One catch to this is that Yuan's officers aren't super-compatible with Liu Bei, so I had to cheese it up there. It's pretty simple in theory: set a very difficult force policy, deploy all your low loyalty officers in 1000 troop units so they can't be recruited, and have Liu Bei abuse the Discussion function in officer meetings with the borderline loyal guys while you complete the goal. Do the council a few times and you're good to go. But I don't know how well it would work on higher difficulty settings.

It is about 202 now and I am taking Dong Zhuo to task, with plenty of potential momentum to conquer everything if desired. Dong wasn't an issue in my last 190 game as Cao Cao because I immediately ROFLstomped him, but he had plenty of time to rise to dominance this time around. Dong also kept allying with Cao Cao, so there were some bloody wars over the course of eliminating the latter.

I just thought it was interesting that Yuan Shao is actually rather weak in 190, it really shouldn't have been so easy to find a way to flip him with Liu Bei. :lol:


Wow, I can't believe you can do that in 13 lol. In Rotk11, Liu Bei is hard as hell. If I remember correctly, its only the three bros and Jian Yong in 190 whereas Yuan Shao has like 50 officers haha. Personally, I haven't fought a real battle yet, just doing those skirmishes for renown and gold. But from what I read on the boards, some of these battles seem to be truly epic and I can't wait till I hit 207 and join Liu Bei's force.

As for the recruiting part. I'm a free officer and I can't seem to draft people to me who are also free officers. It's 195 now, Da Qiao is at 100 rapports and she just sits there doing nothing. Not joining Sun Ce, nor marrying him. I can't get her either because my draft button is greyed out because she's not part of a force. So basically I can't draft her unless she joins a force? Has the same issues with Lu Se. Waited a year until he joined Sun Ce before I went back to draft him.

Edit: Spammed gifts to Da Qiao, who was still a free officer. Finally the marriage thing popped up and she said yes, booyaaa. Weird thing is, she is not part of my comrade circle. She even stays in Lujiang, while my base is in Xiapi. Long distance relationship wtf...

Edit 2: I went to the bonds page and manually added her to my comrades. Sorry about that, all the other 12 somehow automatically got placed in my inner circle, just not the wifey hahaha\

Edit 3: Raised my rapport to 100 with Ma Yunlu. Somehow she would straight away marry me after I gave her one give gift when we were boon companions. However, I can't get her to join me. She's my wife what the hell! She keeps saying that she already serves a master and shes gonna pretend she didn't hear me. I can only think of her father being still alive and being the ruler, can that be the issue? Ma Teng looks healthy and he's not gonna kick the bucket soon, how can I get my wife to be my comrade and come with me?
XiangYu
Tyro
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:14 pm

Re: RTK XIII thread

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:34 pm

Has anyone bought this for PS4? Is it any good on that platform?
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
User avatar
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 6761
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:20 pm
Location: The birthplace of radio

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Copyright © 2002–2008 Kongming’s Archives. All Rights Reserved