RTK XIII thread

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: RoTK XIII Announced! Screenshots and Release Date (Dec 1

Unread postby Xian Xu » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:14 pm

rk47 wrote:Anyone found a way to succeed as Yuan Shu? Guy is in a bad spot and Shouchun is bleeding gold from the start due to a large roster. Not many good officers, surrounded by killers in all directions. If it isn't Lu Bu, it's Liu Bei and his two Peach robbers, if it's not those two, it's Sun Ce, if it's not those three, it's Cow Cow.

I could try to cheese a truce but it's gonna be hard juggling four force relations at the same time while trying to expand.

Forgive me if this isn't helpful or you already know about it, but before the PUK's NA release Lu Bu Feng Xian posted this on YouTube: ROTK 13 PUK - God Emperor Yuan Shu / 三國志13 PK 偽帝袁術傳 Let's Play. Looks like he played the 198 scenario unedited as Yuan Shu on high difficulty successfully.

Zyzyfer wrote:re: Li Jue - he has a timid personality setting which for some inane reason blocks duels. They did this with quite a few average officers whose war happens to be decently high.

Good to know. I edited that immediately.
Xiǎn Xù (冼旭)
Xian Xu
Scholar

Unread postby Xiang Feng » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:45 am

Does anybody know how the "Hunting Contest" thing works? Is under Fierce Warrior prestige and it says it can be used only at key point but I've been trying everything for the past two hours and I still can't see a command or option to use it. Supposedly it's the only way to get private troops in that prestige and I need at least 5000 to get "Tiger of Jiang Dong" prestige.

Is it glitched?
Xiang Feng
Tyro

Unread postby Xian Xu » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:49 pm

Xiang Feng wrote:Does anybody know how the "Hunting Contest" thing works? Is under Fierce Warrior prestige and it says it can be used only at key point but I've been trying everything for the past two hours and I still can't see a command or option to use it. Supposedly it's the only way to get private troops in that prestige and I need at least 5000 to get "Tiger of Jiang Dong" prestige.

Is it glitched?

The "key points" are the bases that appear between cities, such as villages and ports, so you need to travel to one of those select your character and execute the Hunting Contest option there. Here is an example: Hunting Contest (YouTube)
Xiǎn Xù (冼旭)
Xian Xu
Scholar

Unread postby Xiang Feng » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:39 pm

Thank you sir, you are a true scholar!
Xiang Feng
Tyro

Unread postby Fou Lu » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:03 pm

Is there a strategy for victory with Shu in 227 AD? Seems like I can't build up my cities enough to withstand an invasion from Wei. Most of the game is just having enough troops, but that doesn't apply when Wei is that powerful and can keep sending waves of 200 000 troops at you.
Fou Lu
Initiate

Unread postby PeanutButterToast » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:51 am

Fou Lu wrote:Is there a strategy for victory with Shu in 227 AD? Seems like I can't build up my cities enough to withstand an invasion from Wei. Most of the game is just having enough troops, but that doesn't apply when Wei is that powerful and can keep sending waves of 200 000 troops at you.
I find that with a good enough general, you don't necessarily need to keep mobbing the enemy. At least I learned that when I went up against Zhang He and he took out like 3,000 of my troops by himself with like 1200 men.

I'm playing the Yellow Turbans scenario though.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
PeanutButterToast
Apprentice

Re: RTK XIII thread

Unread postby Lady Wu » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:06 pm

Formerly the "RoTK XIII Announced! Screenshots and Release Date (Dec 10)" thread, now stickied!

Thanks PeanutButterToast for pointing out that we don't have such a sticky thread yet!
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby PeanutButterToast » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:21 pm

Fou Lu wrote:Is there a strategy for victory with Shu in 227 AD? Seems like I can't build up my cities enough to withstand an invasion from Wei. Most of the game is just having enough troops, but that doesn't apply when Wei is that powerful and can keep sending waves of 200 000 troops at you.
Only thing that seemed to work for me in those situations was having original officers in the kingdom to help you not get swarmed.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
PeanutButterToast
Apprentice

Unread postby greencactaur » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:51 pm

I recently did a playthrough with my OC in Liu Biao's force. Probably the most fun I've had! I've always either done Sun, Liu Bei , or Cao, but playing as one of the underdogs was entertaining. I think I might do Yuan Shu playthrough with my OC next
greencactaur
Academic

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:00 pm

greencactaur wrote:I recently did a playthrough with my OC in Liu Biao's force. Probably the most fun I've had! I've always either done Sun, Liu Bei , or Cao, but playing as one of the underdogs was entertaining. I think I might do Yuan Shu playthrough with my OC next

Yuan Shu is interesting because he has a boat load of officers but they are all sub standard. This allows you to too easily overwhelm weaker forces but when dealing with the major factions they really pale in comparison. He was fun to play with in 11.
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms