RTK XIII thread

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: RoTK XIII Announced! Screenshots and Release Date (Dec 1

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:45 am

If Gray bought in then I might as well give in, peer pressure and all.

So if I get the PUK what data ends up being lost? Save data? Custom officer data? This Wu events game I am doing is hilariously lame, I abused my position under Yuan Shu to train cavalry in Lujiang to gold and then wiped the floor with the Jiangdong forces in about 20 minutes. And since Sun Jian and Sun Ce both die I'm not developing them, I had booze saved up under Sun Jian for when Sun Ce took over but the game ate it.

:roll:
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:23 am

Save games are lost it seems. You can choose to import your custom officer data, however.

I think the real problem for you might be that your officer edits in the scenario files will be lost as well. Since Van's Editor doesn't work with the English PUK (yet, I hope), you can't just import these back in if you exported them.
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Gray Riders » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:53 pm

So I started a 190 game as Zhao Yun, playing as a "patriot".

The tricky part was recruiting comrades. I wanted to get Lu Bu, but when I tried to become friends the first time he challenged me to a duel. The second time he just wanted a treasure, but when I tried to recruit him he wanted a duel again so I started focusing on weaker guys. He did introduce me to my wife. Best guy I picked up was Lu Meng, who I beelined for when I saw him free in Ru Nan. I was unable to invite him to a banquet but luckily he came on his own and I shoved items into his hands over the next week until he was part of my merry band.

I'm considering moving to Wu and starting a proper force once I've befriended some governing officers. Not sure if it's possible to invade cities with my private army yet, but I can probably handle military affairs pretty well between Zhao Yun and Lu Meng.

I've also created a few new Strategies. A new "generic" one called Rampage and unique ones for Lu Meng (he should have a "trick" type strategy rather than a buff, I feel) and Gao Shun.

Edit: Liu Bei challenges me to a duel for his friendship. He remembers Guan Yu and Zhang Fei, receiving a boost.
Zhao Yun remembers Chunyu Qiong, receiving a boost.
Last edited by Gray Riders on Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:46 pm

Lord_Cao_Cao wrote:Save games are lost it seems. You can choose to import your custom officer data, however.

I think the real problem for you might be that your officer edits in the scenario files will be lost as well. Since Van's Editor doesn't work with the English PUK (yet, I hope), you can't just import these back in if you exported them.

Right, but I mentioned a few posts back that the update basically reset all that data anyway. It will be a bit tedious to manually alter everyone once again but at least it's very straightforward and I don't muck the game up or have to do it by individual scenarios now. :lol:

-----

So I bit the bullet and bought it. Overwhelmed by all the options lol
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Gray Riders » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:27 pm

Patriot gameplay was a great idea. It's a way to enioy battles and building up an officer corp but without having to worry about governing or being invaded.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby rk47 » Mon May 01, 2017 4:48 am

Ok new personal record of duels won in a single battle. Literally just spamming challenges with the Yellow Turban's Zhou Cang. Must've killed at least 5-6 officers.
rk47
Assistant

Unread postby Gray Riders » Mon May 01, 2017 1:21 pm

The new 195 scenario Rise of the Conqueror, starts with this:
"After the death of Sun Quan..."
Well, that's going to be awkward in about five years.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby rk47 » Tue May 02, 2017 2:09 am

Patriot > Popamole Class. You travel around the world gathering comrades, commanding a private army that can never be attacked or wiped by other factions. Very boring flavor overall.

You branch to the good citizen branch to force truce between kingdoms (because you care) or somehow have the time to make a lot of friends in between by just sending lots of letters or buying drinks.

The bad boys may want to start robbing towns and command bandit raids. If you got tired of all that company, you can always plan assassinations and pray for good random numbers to let you kill important people, by catching them off guard at their homes and then allowing the victims to get on their horse, putting on their armor and dueling 5 bout. LAZY KOEI. Switching between banditry and heroic band lifestyle is allowed, and the world flip-flops accordingly. Which is quite lazy.
rk47
Assistant

Unread postby Gray Riders » Tue May 02, 2017 4:51 pm

Does anyone know who you're allowed to send letters to? Aside from one of them having to be a Bond officer I've had no luck figuring out the requirement for who you can try to link them with.

Edit: I just noticed Cao Cao has a bigger army than Yuan Shao in 200. A result, I suspect, of their pop-to-troops system.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jebusrocks » Wed May 03, 2017 1:18 am

Gray Riders wrote:Does anyone know who you're allowed to send letters to? Aside from one of them having to be a Bond officer I've had no luck figuring out the requirement for who you can try to link them with.

Edit: I just noticed Cao Cao has a bigger army than Yuan Shao in 200. A result, I suspect, of their pop-to-troops system.

No clue haha, it seems to be a case of proximity and rapport?

I really wish the game would reflect how devastating this conflict was in general. The reason Cao Cao was outnumbered was because of a series of raids by Dong Zhuo, Li Jue, and Lu Bu devastated Yu province, essentially all cities west of Juancheng and Fan (which held due to Xun Yu) should be in ruins and thus less manpower and more time to develop.

Can you increase your personal levy despite being a ruler? I'm trying to get Tiger of Jiangdong with Sun Jian and i need 5000 private troops. I have 1500 but cant seem to increase it (only MAX private troops)?
It is curious that the Americans, who calculate so carefully on the possibilities of military victory, do not realize that in the process they are incurring deep psychological and political defeat.
Jebusrocks
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms