RTK XIII thread

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: RTK XIII thread

Unread postby CaTigeReptile » Tue May 29, 2018 5:45 pm

agga wrote:I was playing a game as Zhang Jiao last weekend, with fictional characters randomly here or there. Interesting thing happened: in a battle against Ding Yuan's army, a fictional Yellow Turban, middling guy named Qiu Ju, gets in a duel with Lu Bu, which I opted not to watch. Qiu Ju has a war of ~70, leadership in the 60s. Not a great officer. Sure enough, I see a report on screen: Qiu Ju has been slain by Lu Bu!

But wait: Qiu Ju's unit is still there!? Lu Bu's unit is gone!?

Lu Bu was actually slain by Qiu Ju! No way! What a hero!

I'm certain I didn't misread the post-duel notice. I think it was a bug, and I can't believe Qiu Ju could actually have defeated Lu Bu. Anyone else seen such a thing happen?

I had Qin Lang defeat Guan Yu once, no modded stats, so yeah, sometimes the RNG is on your side.
CaTigeReptile
Langzhong

Unread postby DaoLunOfShiji » Wed May 30, 2018 1:17 am

Oh yeah, the RNG in this game is ridiculous at times. Playing as Cao Ang I defeated Zhang Liao in a duel... meanwhile if that happened in XI, I am fairly certain that Zhang Liao would've one shot Ang.
"I take Heaven and Earth to be my dwelling, and my rooms are my coat and pants; so what are you gentlemen doing in my pants?"
DaoLunOfShiji
Assistant

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Thu May 31, 2018 5:40 am

DaoLunOfShiji wrote:Playing as Cao Ang

Well, I now know what my next few games are going to be. :o

Edit: Also, I too have noted how wacky the RNG can be with duels you don't directly watch. Basically, if your dude/dudette gets into a duel with a much stronger dude/dudette, you'll have a higher chance of an upset by skipping it. And if it's the opposite and your dude/dudette is stronger, you should watch it. My guess is that they gave both sides even weight or something when a duel takes place that you don't watch.
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Previous

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms