RoTK XIII Announced! Screenshots and Release Date (Dec 10)

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: RoTK XIII Announced! Screenshots and Release Date (Dec 1

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Mon May 08, 2017 9:52 am

So I marched to Xuchang because Cao Cao was in awe. Suddenly he deploys an army from the city and we are fighting. I reset because my army was in bandit hunting mode. I win the rematch and all that happens is rapport drops with Cao and we pointlessly liberate Xuchang for like 5 seconds.

Edit: OK so I still haven't figured out how to use this power for good yet, but I was mildly amused by the fact that the patriot free officer class allows you to liberate not just cities, but entire forces. I cleaned out Hanzhong, then marched down and duked it out with Shi Xie and ousted him from control as well.
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby rk47 » Thu May 11, 2017 3:26 am

Huh, found a silly exploit.
If you're a free officer, you should always raise your flag in a city before joining a force.
Why? Because the requirement for high prestige unlock requirements only needs you to attain that requirement ONCE in your lifetime.
Eg: If you have 30,000 gold before in your purse, it will consider that requirement attained when you determining Kingmaker's unlock.

The same holds true for Rank requirement. If you've been a ruler (Rank 1) you're considered eligible for all top-end prestige classes as well as long you fulfill other requirements (Battle Deeds, Duels, Debates, Fame etc)

I discovered this when I started playing Li Jue and surrendered to Ma Teng - I did not lose the Kingmaker prestige that I started with.

Also, Li Jue cannot duel - another WTF.
rk47
Assistant

Unread postby Gray Riders » Thu May 11, 2017 3:10 pm

rk47 wrote:Also, Li Jue cannot duel - another WTF.

This made me curious. I checked and he's marked as a Military Officer in my game, but I'd already edited him--didn't think I'd changed his type, though. Do you need the Duel skill to have one?
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Fri May 12, 2017 2:35 am

re: Li Jue - he has a timid personality setting which for some inane reason blocks duels. They did this with quite a few average officers whose war happens to be decently high. I feel like anyone above 60 war should by default be able to get in duels but Koei thinks otherwise...

I was doing a merchant game which so far has been very bland. But I read on Steam that you can force officers to abandon their factions? Where is that option???
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby rk47 » Fri May 12, 2017 5:49 am

Zyzyfer wrote:re: Li Jue - he has a timid personality setting which for some inane reason blocks duels. They did this with quite a few average officers whose war happens to be decently high. I feel like anyone above 60 war should by default be able to get in duels but Koei thinks otherwise...

I was doing a merchant game which so far has been very bland. But I read on Steam that you can force officers to abandon their factions? Where is that option???

I think that ability is only available for Patriot prestige.
Timid personality prevent duel? I mean wtf - that guy has 90 WAR easily with a few bonds.
That was his only saving grace actually, LEA and WAR. His INT & GOV is garbage.
I went for Guo Si instead and had fun wrecking Ma Teng, one of the free officers we recruited has Stonewall Command and that was really good at soaking up Pang De and Ma Chao's offensive buffs. With Chang An's 30k garrison + bond stacking in units, we easily smothered them despite being constantly flanked by 5 units and bombarded by Pang De's strategy.
Sure, we lost the Emperor, but Li Jue still retained his Marshall title and therefore could grant me higher titles to command bigger stacks. With title and bond bonus, Guo Si's WAR is at 96 :twisted:

Once we get the Xiliang Cavalry and devour Zhang Lu, we can probably bully Liu Zhang some more or maybe push eastward and mess up Cao Cao's plans.
rk47
Assistant

Unread postby Gray Riders » Fri May 12, 2017 1:21 pm

Zyzyfer wrote:re: Li Jue - he has a timid personality setting which for some inane reason blocks duels. They did this with quite a few average officers whose war happens to be decently high. I feel like anyone above 60 war should by default be able to get in duels but Koei thinks otherwise...

Koei sometime gives Timid to people they dislike even if it's silly, like Li Jue and Cao Bao--who both fought duels in the novel, ironically.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby rk47 » Sat May 13, 2017 1:36 pm

Hm, might give strategy editing a look and nerf the attack bonus to hell.
It's fucking ridiculous seeing a single super strategy dominating so hard from start till end game.

Did anyone ever succeeded with the Cajole command? (Influence officer to rebel)
I can't seem to get it done.
Makes a lot of prestige class very useless.
rk47
Assistant

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Wed May 17, 2017 2:46 pm

I have only managed to get cajole to work as a ruler since you have that advisor function from war minister/self.
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby rk47 » Sat May 27, 2017 2:53 am

Anyone found a way to succeed as Yuan Shu? Guy is in a bad spot and Shouchun is bleeding gold from the start due to a large roster. Not many good officers, surrounded by killers in all directions. If it isn't Lu Bu, it's Liu Bei and his two Peach robbers, if it's not those two, it's Sun Ce, if it's not those three, it's Cow Cow.

I could try to cheese a truce but it's gonna be hard juggling four force relations at the same time while trying to expand.
rk47
Assistant

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:20 am

Van's editor was released for the English PUK roughly a week ago. Just in case someone's interested.
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms