RTK XIII thread

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: RoTK XIII Announced! Screenshots and Release Date (Dec 1

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:29 am

The Cao Cao game is basically wrapped up. I probably will need to check this on my own, but I was wondering if anyone happened to notice any side effects of setting officer growth rate? Comparing the game to the editor, I've been aware that certain values in the game are halved, especially the specialty prices, but also the results of those little special events where your underlings ask you for guidance or resources to do some task, which can either succeed or fail, with accordant results.

I accidentally did this game with fast growth on so I noticed that Cao Cao's stat experience grew by double the amount at certain times. It made me wonder if that setting might have some wonky effect.

-----

I have to decide what to do for my next game. It'll be either...

1) Sun Jian/Liu Bei, events on
2) Created force, spam bows game
3) All 1 stats officer game

The more I play, the more tedious I find running around and building up relationships. It's all fine and dandy when forming bonds for fun instead of necessity, but when it's necessary or you're trying to power up your guy, man it's grindy.
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xian Xu » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:00 pm

Zyzyfer wrote:3) All 1 stats officer game

Out of curiosity, what portrait would you use for that? Something comical I hope. :lol:
Xiǎn Xù (冼旭)
Xian Xu
Scholar

Unread postby rk47 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:01 pm

Yellow Turbans are basically screwed anyway because they do not have the same 'title granting' system as normal rulers do. Therefore no matter how good their commanders are, they'll never be able to command more than 5000-7000 men each. It meant their city advantage at the start is less meaningful while the Han officers' command capacity grew larger and larger.

I wiped out He Jin as Yellow Turban and deposed the Emperor - and that is the only way the Yellow Turbans can implement a title grant system. But there's no event attached to it. Pretty disappointing.
rk47
Assistant

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:24 am

Xian Xu wrote:
Zyzyfer wrote:3) All 1 stats officer game

Out of curiosity, what portrait would you use for that? Something comical I hope. :lol:

Well, maybe not the hungry beggar, I think someone already did that. I'd have to look through the portraits but maybe I'd go with some gallant knight type, a real windmill-tilting type of guy/gal? 8-)

Or, I hate the ninja mask portrait I hate that seems to end up in every game, maybe that. "I'm a ninja!" falls on face

rk47 wrote:Yellow Turbans are basically screwed anyway because they do not have the same 'title granting' system as normal rulers do.

Wow, seriously? That ended up working to their advantage in XI, shows how the weight of the title system has shifted...
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:58 am

Notes on a couple of things...

- As I suspected, the officer growth setting also affects the city development event results, the fast setting gives the "normal" bonus scratch that, didn't check carefully enough
- "Personable" offers a 10% bonus to negotiations
- The Negotiate skill officer rapport with the target ruler, and rapport between the two forces all affect the final calculated rate

Playing Liu Bei in YT with events on. All I can say is lol
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby gutter2d » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:40 pm

The reviews on Steam for this game are terrible. Is it worth buying? Is the AI competitive and aggressive? Is this game better than ROTK X?
gutter2d
Tyro

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:25 am

gutter2d wrote:The reviews on Steam for this game are terrible. Is it worth buying? Is the AI competitive and aggressive? Is this game better than ROTK X?

Anyone asking these sorts of questions, I keep saying wait until at least the English PUK comes out, it's obviously a Koei work in progress as it's riddled with problems. If you can't afford base game + PUK, don't bother.
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby rk47 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:41 am

Yeah I just ragequit as Liu Bei in YT scenario because Liu Yan refused to distribute supplies properly to the front line. Officer play is frustrating since your ruler lack even basic ability like purchasing supply from the market.
rk47
Assistant

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:07 am

rk47 wrote:Officer play is frustrating since your ruler lack even basic ability like purchasing supply from the market.

This is bar none the most annoying aspect of the game. The AI will be sitting there with 100K gold and 10k food per city and not do a thing.

How far along were you in the scenario? The only time I've found that supplies aren't an issue for any force is when you give everyone about 20 years to build up their cities, haha
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby rk47 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:24 am

The AI ruler was more concerned about concluding alliance and hence gave away supplies for Goodwill.
We blitzed around two cities but since no one is rank 5 yet, the city has no governor to manage it.
I'm pr. confused why they cannot patch that gold for supply behavior into the game after so many months.
If I still see this in PUK, I'm probably never buying KOEI games at full price again.
rk47
Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms