RTK XIII thread

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: RoTK XIII Announced! Screenshots and Release Date (Dec 1

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:38 pm

What could the second option in the menu be? The first one is the one used to start the game and could be the Commander Mode. Gray Riders could be right here, since there was only a selected number of characters to be chosen.
The second option on the other hand also has the remaining officers (at least those that are available in the 195 scenario). The list shows the exact same information as the one in the first option. It could be some kind of info view where you can just view what force has which officers and such I think, but it could be something else.

Regardless of whether Officer play is restricted to rulers and some high ranked officers within the force, I think that's nothing you can't mod on PC at least.
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby rk47 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:23 am

NA14 Tactical Battle and Overland Battle is a fine compromise.
What made both good is the 'real time' nature of the action phase of every month.
Slow down your attack and risk more reinforcements?
Hasten your attack to break through and escape?
Delay the attack and wait for reinforcements
Eat the casualty, but stop the relief force from reaching your siege?

All these are good decision making enforced by the real time battles and army movements.
Compare that to RTK11 where the AI doesnt' know how to play due to the myriad of options and ended up being destroyed in choke points every time, I'd take NA14 system instead.

The tactical aspect needed improvement, but it's a step in the right direction for the combat system imo.
And I pray they actually solve the UI issues that is hiding a lot of information behind so many tabs in NA14.
I felt like the game is punishing me for not memorizing facts every time I need to set up a unit with 3 officers.
rk47
Assistant

Unread postby Ranbir » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:54 am

How is it we have no japanese readers to be 100% for us with what the info out there is yet. I'm shocked.
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Unread postby Icabola » Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:59 pm

My prediction of what rtk 13 look like : ( I hope i am wrong)

1. Koei is using RTK12 engine.

What do u guys think about RTK 12? : BAD and THE WORST RTK series!
Thus the feature that will be available would not far enough from RTK 12. They just add here and there. Nothing specifically new in terms of feature and function.

Were still miss all the feature in RTK X : story driven, lots of historical and random events.

The personal combat in RTK XIII will be worst compare to RTK XII. No 3d model, JUST FUC**KIN VIDEOS! I am SURE about it.

General message that will be generated by game will not happen in "personal" level, so we will never know whats goin on in other areas/ruler. (the rtk XII engine is not supporting this).

2. ENGLISH localisation issues.

There will be no "ENGLISH PUK version". I really believe it, since KOEI have BAD reputation in fullfulling English Lang FANS. Sure we (english native speaker) will SUFFER again.

3. Graphics , again Graphics.

What they (KOEI) intend to do now is just GRAPHICS and GRAPHICS, they try to bully customer with packaging instead of CONTENT and GAMEPLAY. Surely i will be dissapointed with this AGAIN and AGAIN.

Thanks for informing the upcoming RTK XIII. I will stick with my RTK X and XI. Ill never trust KOEI will do best for their fans in RTK series, NEVER!

Cheers.
Icabola
Tyro

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:03 am

1. What do you know about the "RTK XII engine"?
Have you even took a look at the RTK XIII site or searched for info on the game at all? XII even had much more historical events than XI, so I don't really know what you're talking about.
The replacement of duels via videos was a bummer, but it didn't bother me as much as the duel system itself.

2. There will be an English version in Asia, which could be a hint that a PUK will be released in English there as well. It's not certain for sure, but I think it's much more possible than for previous games.

3. If Koei are really focusing on graphics, they're doing a pretty bad job to be honest. RTK XIII's 3D map doesn't really look that good to me.
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Gray Riders » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:47 pm

PUK has a much better chance than usual because just a month ago we got an english PUK for the first time.

I'll wait for early impressions before coming to a decision on the game.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Icabola » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:38 pm

Hi , thanks for replying.

Lord_Cao_Cao wrote:1. What do you know about the "RTK XII engine"?
Have you even took a look at the RTK XIII site or searched for info on the game at all? XII even had much more historical events than XI, so I don't really know what you're talking about.

I dont know about it, just guessing :D. But since im working in application dev so i know little about engine. I was actually compare it to rtk X. Well , personal combat is always one of my biggest favourite feature in RTK series, since rtk 12 and rtk13 will never use 3d model in personal combat that will be HUGE lost for me.

From what i observed lately, i saw that koei is using NA 14 engine, not RTK 12 engine, but i highly DOUBT this RTK xIII will surpass RTK X imho.

Again thanks for comments.
Icabola
Tyro

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:27 pm

Making assumptions and turning them into facts
since rtk 12 and rtk13 will never use 3d model in personal combat

isn't the fine art. We have no idea how that is going to look like and while it's likely that they'll do it similar to XII (I doubt they'll go through the burden of creating 3D models for every officer again, it was already tiresome enough to do it for my created officers), it's not certain. I think there are more important things than the duels though, I hadn't had them too often in XII.

I guess everyone has preferences, though it won't be like X, it might go into the right direction with the commander mode.
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zetta » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:50 pm

Hey,
Ranbir wrote:How is it we have no japanese readers to be 100% for us with what the info out there is yet. I'm shocked.

Since I had nothing else to do and I was curious about it, I used the (terrible) online translation tools to get a bit more info about the game from their website. Take it with a grain of salt, because I don't speak or read japanese. Here is what I found out :

BONDS
From warlord to monarch, you can play a variety of positions. Bonds between warlords will play an important role in this aspect. By creating a bond (i.e. that yellow link between two portraits) you can get various bonuses like decrease the time required for an internal affair or get a bonus when having the two generals in the same unit / fight (?).
- To form a bond, you have to use the generals together to raise their affinity.
- When the affinity has raised, you will trigger a "thanks ", "favorable impression" or "bond request" event.
- Through these created bonds, you can connect to other generals (friend of a friend thing).
- You can get support with internal affairs or combat using a bonded officer (i.e. stats bonus or less time to do a task I guess)
- Bonds can or will affect your warlord's growth (I imagine it is stats growth / officer specialty).

DOMESTIC AFFAIRS
The "missions system"
You can give "missions" to your generals or your warlord and follow their progress in real-time. You can assign a certain number and a certain type of people for each "mission" (I imagine Zhang Fei will have a hard time for domestic affairs). Follow their progress in real time. A general can ask for help during his "mission". If you send someone to help him, the bond between them will increase. If you play as a monarch, you give orders and "missions". If you play as a warlord, you can propose missions and earn achievements yourself. (NOTE : I'm not 100% sure about this "play as a monarch or warlord" thing).

Class and Status / Identification
By contributing to missions, the "class" of the officer will increase (it sounds like deeds in ROTK XI). As the general progresses, his status will increase and he will be soon able to give missions to others (or be executed if he fails ? There was something about execution, that's for sure, not very clear).
- Your class will increase as you complete "missions"
- You can gain access to a new rank (retainer ?)
- With this new rank, you too can give orders and make suggestions
- As a monarch, you can appoint statesmen to do your work for you (something like districts in ROTK XI ?)

Rating system / Evaluation system (Council ?)
You will be able as a monarch to evaluate your generals. If they succeed in their missions, there is a loyalty rise and they unlock "achievements" (deeds points ?).
- From the main map, choose the city where you want to create an evaluation
- You will get various comments and suggestions from your generals about the evaluation.
- You can either adopt or refuse the suggestions, and the loyalty/bond with the general will drop or increase accordingly
- As a ruler, you will have to choose among these suggestions which ones are good or bad according to the situation

COMBAT
Battlefield
There will be different battlefields depending on who and where you fight. You'll fight sieges, naval battles and so on...
- On the battlefield you can deploy various tactics
- In a siege battle, since the defensive side has an advantage, it is necessary to use ladders and siege weapons
- ship battles can be different too. You can link your boats together to increase their atk/def. (Cao Cao : such a bright idea ! What could possibly go wrong ?)

Morale
Strategy is important, but so is morale. You'll be able to rout your enemies by attacking their morale. Make sure to keep the morale of your troops high !
- Outside of normal attacks, it is possible to use tactics such as "pincer attack" to decrease your enemy's morale.
- The people and their position in the battlefield affects morale (Is it about terrain ? I'm not 100% sure about this one)
- By completing objectives during a fight you can increase morale (capture an officer or destroy an unit ? I don't know which objectives they refer to.)
- Beware the chain of reactions : if a general is defeated, the whole army will get a blow to its morale (and might eventually rout)
- when a unit has 0 morale, it will get completely out of control. There is a risk it will be destroyed.

Tactics
As the battle rages, you will accumulate "points" that will enable you to use tactics. Use your cavalry's "Assault" to deal a huge amount of damage, burn them with "Fire", lure them into a trap with "Attraction" (?). It is possible to activate tactics in response to a situation in order to win the battle.
- you get "points" by occupying camps (or gaining ground ? I don't know...)
- tactics can be activated at any time, if necessary
- choose to decrease the morale of your enemies or their numbers for example.
- if a unit is near the leader / warlord and has a bond with him, the time to activate the strategy will decrease and the damage it will deal will be increased

Unit Formation
For every battle, you will have to determine each objective for each unit. If the leadership of the main warlord is high, it will be a favorable battle.
- Choose a captain, a second in command, types of units, weapons...
- Choose the road your army will take.
- if there are reinforcements near the point you want to attack, they will be taken into account during the fight.
(This looks a bit like ROTK Wall of Fire on the SNES)

DIPLOMACY
To be announced...
Zetta
Initiate

Unread postby Icabola » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:58 am

Thank you for sharing zetta :)

I HIGHLY DOUBT that RTK 13 will surpass RTK 11 or even RTK 10 imho.
Icabola
Tyro

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms